Mike Jenkins...we still got him

kmd24

Reaction score
Shotgun Dave;2054247 said:
I would rather have had Mendenhall but, hey, Mendenhall and Chris Johnson went 1 - 2 right after we took Felix so odds are bad that Jones would have been picked after Johnson anyway.

I'm wondering if special teams had something to do with selecting Jones over Mendenhall. Still a bad reason to pick Jones if Mendenhall was indeed the 2nd rated back on Dallas's board (according to Werder), but...

superpunk

Reaction score
theogt;2054264 said:
Would rather have had Cason or Flowers. Not a terrible pick, though.

I agree on Cason, but apparently Jenkins has some good ball skills. We needed athletes and playmakers at corner, guys who can go after the ball.

Jenkins seems to be a guy like that.

newlander

Reaction score
good posts, especially about the wr's. Any chance we can move up to get Devin Thomas?

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
StanleySpadowski;2054259 said:
Yea, a pothead loser with questionable work ethic who was abused by every quality WR he faced.

Talk about pissing away two draft picks.

Are you getting Jenkins mixed up with Talib?

IronCowboy

Benched
Reaction score
Rampage;2054274 said:
woulda rather had mendenhall and cason.

Yeah, and your the guy who wanted us to trade the farm for McFadden.

And your the guy with Quinton Jackson in his avatar. A guy who got murdered by Maurico Rua and Rua got beat down by Forrest Griffin, and what a coincidence, Quinton is facing Griffin in July.

I guess your a loser, just like the fighters you cheer for :laugh1::lmao2::laugh2:

SMCowboy

Reaction score
kmd24;2054269 said:
I'm wondering if special teams had something to do with selecting Jones over Mendenhall. Still a bad reason to pick Jones if Mendenhall was indeed the 2nd rated back on Dallas's board (according to Werder), but...

Maybe the fact that Mendenhall HAS to line up at RB to help us. Felix Jones can lineup at WR as well as RB and is also a great returner. Felix Jones is a guy we can get on the field and impact our team without taking Barber out of the game. Mendenhall does NOT offer that option.

Jerry Jones played the first round PERFECTLY!!!! Had he taken Jenkins, at #22, we have NO chance at Felix Jones, as Tennessee Titans take him at #24.

Aliencowboy

Reaction score
Oh_Canada;2054246 said:
I'm cool with Jenkins (though I am a little concerned about his attitude)....Jones is mediocre and a waste of a pick.

You'll be eating those words.
He's a major upgrade from JJ and will help on returns.

Felix Jones will be a very good Cowboy for a long time. Great vision. Great quicks. He'll be a player like Westbrook.

Stay in Canada and livin underground ;)

CF74

Vet Min Plus
Reaction score
cobra;2054237 said:
Grrr....

If we wanted Jenkins and Jones, then take Jenkins at #22 and Jones at #28!

Or wait until #28 and take Jenkins!

No reason to be trading up to #25 if those are your players you want.

Clouded thoughts make waste. I had a dark dream about Seattle, now I know why...

Aven8

Reaction score
Rampage;2054274 said:
woulda rather had mendenhall and cason.

Mendenhall was a one hit wonder, too risky. Also, put Felix now in your signature box! Argue as you want but he did run for 2,900 yds as a backup!

BourbonBalz

Star4Ever
Reaction score
A very good first round IMO. Sure, we would have all liked to have picked McFadden and McKelvin :eek:: , but we basically got the next best thing. We got two of the best athletes in the draft at need positions. We added a lot of speed to our defense and offense, and we still have several picks to address other areas. Not bad if you ask me.

BourbonBalz

Star4Ever
Reaction score
I'd like to pick up Red Bryant in the 3rd or 4th round, and a receiver somewhere also. I'd love to get Keenan Burton at some point if we don't take a receiver in the 2nd round.

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
I can dig it

was hoping we would have taken 'shard, but Felix Jones is a pretty good back and is a weapon

bigE79

Reaction score
I dont have any problem with our picks...they both fill needs and are both PLAYMAKERS and thats all that counts:starspin :starspin :starspin ...GO COWBOYS

SMCowboy

Reaction score
Aliencowboy;2054296 said:
You'll be eating those words.
He's a major upgrade from JJ and will help on returns.

Felix Jones will be a very good Cowboy for a long time. Great vision. Great quicks. He'll be a player like Westbrook.

Stay in Canada and livin underground ;)

Exactly, Felix Jones reminds me of a poor mans Reggie Bush. He can make an impact for us on the field without Marion Barber coming out of the game. He can lineup in the slot and makes an impact as a WR, as well as make an impact as a returner. While Mendenhall can only make an impact if Marion Barber is on the bench.....