Mike Martz says T.O. getting HOF consideration over Holt & Bruce is ridiculous

Rogah

Reaction score
Actually it's a serious comment relevant to TOs career.
He went to philly.
They thought that he would be that weapon that put them over the top.
And he was.

The comment is here because it would change how ha career was.
That's an excellent point. I agree all 3 WR's in this thread lost Super Bowls to the Patriots fair and square.

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
That's an excellent point. I agree all 3 WR's in this thread lost Super Bowls to the Patriots fair and square.

The Rams with these two players won The super bowl. That's why martz is making the comments.
And That's why I use the TO cheated out of super bowl comment.... It's a relevant comment whether you like it or not.

Fair and square = no comment. I'm Staying on topic.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
TO was. A cancer everywhere he went. He was a fantastic receiver, but a cancer. Does not belong in the HOF.

JohnsKey19

Reaction score
I understand Martz sticking up for his guys, but TO is a first ballot HOFer. Should be a lock IMO. Love him or hate him, what more could you ask for as far as production from a WR over a career? Other than saying, "he's not Jerry Rice", his on-field production, performance and longevity can not be questioned at all

HappyOnions

Datwin
Reaction score
It's my opinion Mr. Snarky. Apparently my morals are set a little higher than yours.

It's just that everyone in the HOF gets looked at through rose colored filters while TO gets looked at as if he were to be the worst person to ever be inducted into the Pro Football HOF.

Look at some of the guys listed here below - all Hall of Famers, and all guys with "character issues":

- Cris Carter
- Michael Irvin
- Lawrence Taylor
- Charles Haley
- Deion Sanders
- Warren Sapp
- OJ Simpson

And that's just the tip of the iceberg, while excluding other guys who many could claim to have "character issues" : Dan Marino, Mike Ditka, Reggie White, John Elway, etc.

Point being, TO wouldn't tarnish the HOF nor would he be the worst person to be inducted, far from it IMO.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
It's just that everyone in the HOF gets looked at through rose colored filters while TO gets looked at as if he were to be the worst person to ever be inducted into the Pro Football HOF.

Look at some of the guys listed here below - all Hall of Famers, and all guys with "character issues":

- Cris Carter
- Michael Irvin
- Lawrence Taylor
- Charles Haley
- Deion Sanders
- Warren Sapp
- OJ Simpson

And that's just the tip of the iceberg, while excluding other guys who many could claim to have "character issues" : Dan Marino, Mike Ditka, Reggie White, John Elway, etc.

Point being, TO wouldn't tarnish the HOF nor would he be the worst person to be inducted, far from it IMO.

Never said he would.