Mike McCarthy appreciation thread

Reaction score
McCarthy is 17th on the all time wins list. Even an 8 win season next year moves him past Tom Coughlin, Mike Shanahan, Pete Carroll (unless he gets another job), our own Bill Parcells and Jeff Fisher as he creeps toward the top 10 all time.

He likes to win 12 games a year. Well 7 more of those and he passes some guy named Tom Landry. Google him.

Bet ya didn't know that.

He's a special coach and we're damn lucky to have him.

Post your support in here.

Hey, now. One at a time.
Dak extension soon to follow,,, and really that's Jerry's best choice to try and salvage this "window". Something that pays Dak for a couple of years and allows the team to part ways without killing the cap. Might as well keep MM for continuity and also give him a decent chance at correcting mistakes and develop Trey Lance or (dare I hope) a first round QB in this draft.

Captain-Crash

Reaction score
The best thing about him is his eyes. That guy can look at the defense and the offense on every kick off at the exact same time.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
One more year and then he will have to earn a new contract with a Conference Championship.

SlammedZero

Reaction score
Are you joking? Our RB averaged 3.7ypc on 15 carries against primarily a 7 man box.
Yeah we had 123 yards rushing and 45 of those were from Dak. Lol Green Bay wasn't the least bit concerned about our running game.

plymkr

Reaction score
Yep no matter who the coach is it all comes down to Prescottrash.............GL to us!
Umm his name is Preschoke now. Yeah here we goooo!!!! Regular season cadence

Yeah here I choookkeeee. Playoffs cadence

JoeyBoy718

Reaction score
Dallas Cowboys regular season is like one long sweet dream. A playoff game is the alarm clock.
Not really. It’s just that people here ignore red flags in the regular season. We’ve been sounding the alarm all year that blowout losses against San Fran and Buffalo were troubling, but people were saying to enjoy the regular season success. The only surprising thing about the Green Bay loss was that it was at home. Everything else could’ve been predicted by looking at our past games.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I actually like Mike McCarthy too. He isn’t perfect but I think the lack of playoff success stems more from the cowboys culture which is ultimately created and promoted by our FO. And roster construction issues, again the FO.

He also needs a QB who isn’t going to wet the bed in the first half of playoff games.
Respectfully, if they can win 12 games in the regular season, then get destroyed by a team they should have beaten, I don't blame the front office for that. That's on the coaches first, and the players second.

fairviewfarmer

Reaction score
Mike M is what he is.
My thoughts are, with Jerruh doing the hiring, MM's replacement someday could always be worse. :(

NDGAEDE

Reaction score
I actually like McCarthy as a person and head coach. I'd like him better with a modern OC and play caller.

That said, he should've been let go. You don't need to like the head coach. You need him to win.

texan0

Reaction score
He's the best Cowboys coach since Jimmy Johnson. Which of course isn't saying a lot.