Mike McCarthy deserves a lot of blame here too

IceStar-D7

Reaction score
I ask all fans to go listen to this guys last press conference. Nothing he says make sense. After listening to him I now have LESS confidence we can win next Thursday. And the media sucks. No good tough questions at all. Cowards. And Dak says the same ole used car salesman pitch also.

Reactions: BAT

BAT

Mr. Fixit
Reaction score
McCarthy is admitting that his sideline is undisciplined and has negative energy during tight games?

BAT

Mr. Fixit
Reaction score
This is on MM.

Team not at all sharp 3 of last 4 games.

Versus mediocre opponents.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
The 'catch and fumble' early on that we recovered should have been challenged. He clearly caught it. Took 2.99 steps and the ball was knocked out. That was our ball.

Kicking a 59 yard FG with a kicker that misses extra points regularly. Giving them a short field.

Going for two after you made the extra point, taking points off the board.

Lots of bad decisions from the head coach. That seat should be heating up.

Nope..............80% of all this started when the injuries starting mounting.

Tyron Smith, Gregory, Cooper, Lamb. These are the ones, on top of the other ones that have been too big to overcome.

fredp22

Reaction score
MM is going nowhere. Jerry either cant or is extremely uncomfortable doing interviews. MM was hired within 1 day with no other interviews for a position numerous people expressed an interest in. We had to sit thru 10 years of Garrett who was comically worse.
Get use to MM and either Jerry or Stephens excuses on why we will not be making any changes at this time.

Streifenkarl

Reaction score
Gave him a C.

But I still would give him a C even if he hadn't lost us the last two games.

A is only for a superbowl win
B is for coaches who are successful in the playoffs
C is for MM. Not bad, but not really good either. I think that's a fair judgment so far. He has shown that he can win against below or at .500 teams. So far so good. That's a C.

I really liked the spirit this team had over the first half of the season. But now I know this was just because of the wins. Not the other way round, that the wins came because of the good spirit. And that's on the coach.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score

Me either. I gave him a C.

A lot of people ignore problems when we are winning.

I gave Kellen Moore and A and Quinn an A.

People were upset with McCarthys C and wanted it bumped because he hired those 2 lol.

Captain-Crash

Reaction score
go, cowboys.

JFg.gif

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
This is on MM.

Team not at all sharp 3 of last 4 games.

Versus mediocre opponents.

More Tony Pollard and less Dak & Zeke were probably our answer for this last month of offensive ineptness.

Giving this guy a Christian McCaffrey type of role would helped us through the Oline and Dak Prescott struggles.

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score

Neither did I.

I had a thread regarding us winning inspire of him (while we were in the midst of our six game win streak).

McCarthy is a known quantity. He consistently has shown poor situational awareness, and game and clock management while trying to process in real-time.

I’m not one to criticize every decision he’s made either. Some of the debated 4th down calls we’ve gone for this season I’ve supported. That said, he’s made absolute blunders in my mind that are amateur hour.

Reactions: BAT

dckid

Reaction score
The 'catch and fumble' early on that we recovered should have been challenged. He clearly caught it. Took 2.99 steps and the ball was knocked out. That was our ball.

Kicking a 59 yard FG with a kicker that misses extra points regularly. Giving them a short field.

Going for two after you made the extra point, taking points off the board.

Lots of bad decisions from the head coach. That seat should be heating up.
What’s that saying doing the same thing expecting different results.
The fumble I thought was an actual fumble but as far as challenge or not, wonder what the commentary was saying, had a house full of people.
The going for two was idiotic because there was so much more time to go and the best play was a a pitch back to the 8 yard line.
McCarthy is just trying to be cute. 59 yard field goal. It worked against the Chargers but not today. I would rather go for it vs doing something like that.

BAT

Mr. Fixit
Reaction score
More Tony Pollard and less Dak & Zeke were probably our answer for this last month of offensive ineptness.

Giving this guy a Christian McCaffrey type of role would helped us through the Oline and Dak Prescott struggles.

Less Dak is hilarious.

All 4 teams have stacked box vs Cowboys.