Mike McCarthy tests positive for COVID *** USE NEW THREAD ***

Status
Not open for further replies.

ologan

Reaction score
you can NOT speak during the game but can talk to them on game plans all week from an ipad etc
no electronic communication is allowed from the outside during the game..only from the sideline or coaching box..sorry but its been a rule for long time unless something changed..
Doesn’t that only apply if it’s a suspension? McCarthy isn’t being suspended for some infraction.

sunalsorises

Reaction score
you can NOT speak during the game but can talk to them on game plans all week from an ipad etc
no electronic communication is allowed from the outside during the game..only from the sideline or coaching box..sorry but its been a rule for long time unless something changed..

I'm surprised they don't have a private booth set up at the game for just this scenario.

dckid

Reaction score
What can McCarthy do? I imagine he can still convey a game plan and have an active role in certain things from a distance.
We won't miss a beat. Big Mike just remembers to turn the lights off every evening.

Scotman

Reaction score
I have a solution.

Have Jimmy's induction into the Ring of Honor next week. Also, have Jimmy be the guest coach. Give Jimmy the entire week to suspend personnel who aren't producing in practice to his liking.

blueblood70

Reaction score
Doesn’t that only apply if it’s a suspension? McCarthy isn’t being suspended for some infraction.
no its rule so just anybody cant call in during game to chat at all so all is illegal..i mean that how NE got dinged for similar stuff. If you allow any outside communication it will be used to cheat and call and read plays from the other side etc

its illegal; unless something has changed absolutely only comunticvatuon is allowed is from the box to sideline and sideline to players..

blueblood70

Reaction score
I'm surprised they don't have a private booth set up at the game for just this scenario.
LOL a bubble boy scenario suit.

or this

https://external-preview.*******/gGIgl9GT4bsbGS4sMPrCtaqLSPli9dsYzJ9E-ggV2oc.jpg?width=640&crop=smart&auto=webp&s=008b379f26fb7727c57c030903b7024749b3a554

gmb1

Reaction score
Well...a lot of y'all wanted McCarthy to not be coaching anymore. :muttley:

Whyjerry

Reaction score
Ugh here we go again. For you non hockey fans it’s also rolling through the NHL now. NY Rangers games vs Ottawa and NY Islanders was postponed.

Load up on the vitamins and wash your hands constantly folks.

Redsfan_83

Reaction score
yeah tell that to Tom

Status
Not open for further replies.