Mike Perriera on Austin's 2nd PI

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
the reason it was called according to him on NFLN, was because the defender didn't have his head turned around when he tripped him, says it was the right call, and was glad the officials got together and discussed it

don't know if any1 posted this before

edit: misspelled his name, it's Peirria, probably misspelled it again, ****, you all know who I'm talking about

smarta5150

Mr. Wright
Reaction score
Bob Sacamano;1803817 said:
the reason it was called according to him on NFLN, was because the defender didn't have his head turned around when he tripped him, says it was the right call, and was glad the officials got together and discussed it

Fax this to all the idiots on TV and radio.

All day people questioning the call when it was obvious.

The defender needs to be looking at the ball and playing the ball.

If they allowed defenders to trip WRs by simply running into their legs the passing game would be a non-factor.

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
anyone else catch what he said about the TO catch on our 1st drive where Harris stripped it, I only caught the tale end of it, where he said that he would have called it as a catch, and then the strip going out of bounds

TheCount

Pixel Pusher
Reaction score
And he didn't say anything about the tug and arm pull before the trip?

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
TheCount;1803833 said:

didn't catch it, but the main thing was that he tripped up Austin while he wasn't looking for the ball, that was the deserving aspect of the call

panchucko

It's Back
Reaction score
TheCount;1803833 said:
Only real Cowboy fans see that contact.

I had so many people argue with me that it never happen

Royal Laegotti

Dyin' ain't much of a livin', boy!
Reaction score
Bob Sacamano;1803817 said:

edit: misspelled his name, it's Peirria, probably misspelled it again, ****, you all know who I'm talking about

THANKYOU!!!! I hope the ESPN haters Chris Verman and Sean Salisbury get this info.

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
theogt;1803845 said:
http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter?season=2007&week=REG13&game_id=29371

It's about the 2:50 mark.

The guy never turned his head at all. He grabbed his shoulder and then the legs tangled. I can't believe anyone thinks this call is even remotely questionable.

it's because they see 2 players (defender and receiver) looking for the ball in other games, and get their feet tangled together, and it's a rightful no-call

Achozen

Sounds From The Lair
Reaction score
TheCount;1803833 said:
You spelled "Terence" wrong in your sig.

gbrittain

Reaction score
smarta5150;1803823 said:
Fax this to all the idiots on TV and radio.

All day people questioning the call when it was obvious.

The defender needs to be looking at the ball and playing the ball.

If they allowed defenders to trip WRs by simply running into their legs the passing game would be a non-factor.

That is exactly right.

If the Miles Austin play was not a PI, the new method for defending will be to throw a quick look back at the ball and then just run up the WRs back until your legs lock and trip the WR everytime.

yesfan

Reaction score
theogt;1803825 said:
Does anyone have a video of the play?

Probably that play was completely worn out of the tape because
Collinsworthless :eek: must have replayed it ten times, insisting clearly the
defender had his head turned back at the ball.

newlander

Reaction score
THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I was livid about this last night. Colinsworthless, his ******** sidekick manboobs gumble, ray crackhead buchanon, chris cowboys hater Berman ALL mentioned this was a bad call. Eat it morons.

FloridaRob

Reaction score
newlander;1804097 said:
THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I was livid about this last night. Colinsworthless, his ******** sidekick manboobs gumble, ray crackhead buchanon, chris cowboys hater Berman ALL mentioned this was a bad call. Eat it morons.

Peira(sp) also said that the ref messed up on the TO strip. Were you just as livid about that call.

The refs sucked for both sides last night. But in general the refs have sucked for a long time. Time to clean up a lot of bad reffing.

I think they need to fix the replay challenge system. If a coach wins a challenge he should not lose the right to challenge later. I know that he has to win two to get one extra but that isn't right.

My suggesions

Make all questionable possession calls a booth review. Offense or defense

Allow one foot in possesions on complete passes or interceptions.

Allow penalties to be reviewed. I know you guys questioned the WAre offsides last night. Reviewing that play would get it right. REview pass interference and if the review doesnt show anything defining, then use the call on the field.

Some of these refs are 60 yrs old and they cant keep up with the speed of the game. Get them some replay help. It may slow the game down but isn't getting the call right more important than having a game end under 3 hrs.

And my last suggesion would be to not allow the Cowboys to ever challenge a call since they already have an unfair advantage with the collusion between Jerry Jones and the commisioners office. :D

BiffWellingtonIII

Reaction score
Funny Collinsworth has made all the people who loved him as a rangey deep threat WR outta FLA for the high flying 80's Bengals detest him....people forget he was a helluva player.