Twitter: Mike Tag - DC4L

Redball Express

All Aboard!!!
Reaction score
The most carries Zeke has had this year is 22 in our first two games. Since then he's averaging 14.7 (say 15 carries a game). Going back to the 9th game last year he's averaged 17 carries. 28 against the Jets is the most he's carried the ball in 2 years.

There are two plans at work here.....

1) Big Mac wants to get the ball to the backs in space.
2) Makes sense to Uncle Jerry since he wants to prolong Elliott's career (and preserve some value).

Seems the real question is: Do we use this guy for what he was drafted to do, or do we preserve any trade value?
I would say Zeke will want the ball.

Which I fine to me as the fumbling will end if he is carrying more.

And saving Zeke for games later in the season makes sense if anything happens that lets us make a run at a playoff spot.

I am not one of those fans who want to quit to get a better draft position. Not interested in that.

I think we still have a shot at beating Philly but this team has to win a game.

Nothing big.

But we need to start a winning streak now if we are going to do anything.

We shall see.

garyo1954

Reaction score
I would say Zeke will want the ball.

And saving Zeke for games later in the season makes sense if anything happens that lets us make a run at a playoff spot.

The problem with that theory is last year.
We were in the thick of getting to the play-offs.
6-4 going into New England Dak has 21 carries in a 13-9 loss.
Then 12 carries in a 26-15 loss to Buffalo.
Next was a 19 carry game in a 24-31 loss to Chicago.

We went from 6-4 to 7-7.
To top it off he had 13 carries in the 17-8 loss to Philly.

Its a great plan to keep Zeke fresh, but if you don't get to the play-offs you've saved him for nothing.

Jerry thinks he knows what he's doing, but if this is his plan, he seriously needs to reconsider the shortcomings.

Redball Express

All Aboard!!!
Reaction score
The problem with that theory is last year.
We were in the thick of getting to the play-offs.
6-4 going into New England Dak has 21 carries in a 13-9 loss.
Then 12 carries in a 26-15 loss to Buffalo.
Next was a 19 carry game in a 24-31 loss to Chicago.

We went from 6-4 to 7-7.
To top it off he had 13 carries in the 17-8 loss to Philly.

Its a great plan to keep Zeke fresh, but if you don't get to the play-offs you've saved him for nothing.

Jerry thinks he knows what he's doing, but if this is his plan, he seriously needs to reconsider the shortcomings.
Last year had its beginnings for this year's continuing problems.

Zeke being less effective last year was not Zeke.

The OL was just not being used for run blocking. We were breaking down defensively and Moore was dialing up passes for Dak to flash for his contract run.

Don't think so? Just look at our first 4 games with Dak in 2020. More of the same.

So add to that now the complete collapse of the OL.

And now he has a hammie problem. This is predictable.

So now they have to rest him. You can not afford a bigger injury to Zeke when you have a Pollack.

And Jerrah as GM has nothing to do at all with stuff. McCarthy needs to manage this team. He has his hands full with no QB at this point.

This stuff happens to all teams at some point. We have been charmed for a long time. Just not this season.