Twitter: Mike Tannenbaum nails Daks tag issues for this year in a nut-shell

DandyDon52

Reaction score
Good! They have to give us picks! The ultimate win for us.

That is our way out of this mess.

Exactly! A smart post.

You either think Dak is an elite player which I LOL at or you just don't care cause you're a fan of his and you don't think the cap matters at all and sadly there is people out there still like that.

Meanwhile Goff, Wentz, Russell, and Watson's teams are all trying to figure out what they are going to do going forward and realizing that they can't build squat around these guys they paid like this.

Goff and Wentz are gone and Russell and Watson are crying about not having enough around them.
It does not matter catch, Dak needs no leverage, because he is dealing with 2 bozo's who think jaylon is a cornerstone, and elliot is the best rb in the nfl !
They will sign dak and pay more than even the dak fans would approve of, or they will use the exclusive tag again. They dont have the stones to use the other tag.

Now about saving money, if dak had signed for 27 mil a year last year, and they then had a extra 10 mil, the jones boys would have just spent that on guys
like ha ha, poe, that other dl and some other duds.

For the saving money thing to work, since it is only around 10 mil, you have to have a smart gm working with a smart HC, and ours are not smart and
they dont work together, MM said he told jerry, you get the players and we will coach them up lol, and we saw how well that worked last year.
It really doesnt matter what they do with dak, they are not going to be a serious contender anytime soon.

JBS

Reaction score
I didn't attack you, I critiqued your comments. Totally above board in the world of debate. Stop embarrassing yourself, you sound like an amateur. :muttley:
Your knowledge of the rules are as non existent as your knowledge of the nfl...well done...youve spent years following a sport and you still haven't a clue what you are watching..that's tough to do

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
Your knowledge of the rules are as non existent as your knowledge of the nfl...well done...youve spent years following a sport and you still haven't a clue what you are watching..that's tough to do
When you have nothing to offer to the topic of discussion, you always resort to deflection like this. Your opinion of the quality of my posts is of no relevance to this thread. Thanks for proving your irrelevance here. ;)

JeffInDC

Reaction score
No the time to sign him was when Goff and Wentz signed.

After 2019 he has gotten overhyped because of inflated numbers against awful teams and somehow that makes him worth 37-40+ million.

So yes I would've been upset had we signed him last offseason.

My problem in these negotiations is Dallas is competing against themselves when there is a tag that allows other teams to make offers. I'd love to see what the market says he is worth and if someone is stupid enough to give us picks and allow us to avoid this awful contract I would jump at the opportunity.

And, from what was reported ( I think most recently by Bob Sturm), Dallas had almost 6 months in 2019 from the time they could've gotten a deal done with Dak to when the first domino of the Goff/Wentz contracts were done. And, they could've added to his 1st contract, which would've lowered the cost more.

USArmyVet

Reaction score
You sound like a damn idiot with that statement. Understand, Dak is a free agent and thus the Cowboys do not own the rights to trade Dak until he signs either a tag or a new contract. As soon as the legal tampering period begins(March 15), he is free to negotiate with any team in the league. If the FO does not take advantage of this time right now as the only team able to negotiate with him, they will most likely lose him. The F.O. currently has no leverage and they know it, so because they are negotiating with Dak from a position of weakness, they have only two options...either cave to his demands or likely let him walk. The only reason the F.O. will likely get a signed tag deal with Dak is that he wants to be a Cowboy.

So you name call people you disagree with simply because you fail to realize Dallas can apply the non-exclusive tag to Dak allowing Dak to negotiate with any other team and Dallas either matches it or gets the draft picks back from the team that signs him. So, by a sign and trade the poster was simply pointing out that Dak could either work with Dallas by signing with a team that he wants to play for or he can refuse to sign the non-exclusive tag and sit out the entire year.

Rayman70

Reaction score
ROFL, no offense but if you refuse to listen to Mike T about this you simply refuse to learn.
That's not a compliment.
No one is asking anyone to hire him as a GM but you sound a lot like the kid clowning Cam Newton for being an unattached free agent.

The meat here is not in his evaluation of the player but the way the process works and especially the timing scenarios.

BTW, this is nothing different than Troy, Tony, Roger, even former agent Joel Corry and basically anyone else with a brain has stated on the subject.
Dak's evaluation be it as a top 7 guy, a top 10 guy, a top 15 guy really doesn't matter much.
He is easily a legit starting QB and that is enough.
The Cowboys have run out of leverage and room to negotiate.
They only weapon they have is to franchise tag a recovering Dak at 37.7M.
They gambled and lost.
Now they should stop digging holes and make the best deal they can get quickly.
If they value dollars more than control offer up the no trade clause. If the reverse offer the money.
Want to protect cap space? Offer guaranteed money plus no trade and minimize early cap hits with signing then roster bonuses.
OR tell Dak to go find the best deal possible on the open market that you plan on tagging then trading him.
Anything other than slowly walking the plank.
are you the sole arbiter of what is right and wrong on here? You do know that this is a fan message board, right?Its not a spittin contest on who's got the best opinion. Relax and stop taking yourself so seriously. . Thats my PSA.

Rayman70

Reaction score
This topic has been around the world twice!
yep..and boy, do we have a couple folks on here that get all butt hurt if someone respectfully disagrees with them. WOW. But like anything, I consider whom the messenger is. EXAMPLE...ESPN, and the likes of Mike T. AND some on here.

Reaction score
are you the sole arbiter of what is right and wrong on here? You do know that this is a fan message board, right?Its not a spittin contest on who's got the best opinion. Relax and stop taking yourself so seriously. . Thats my PSA.

Thanks for the After School Special

Rayman70

Reaction score
Thanks for the After School Special
anytime..
giphy-downsized-large.gif

Reaction score
yep..and boy, do we have a couple folks on here that get all butt hurt if someone respectfully disagrees with them. WOW. But like anything, I consider whom the messenger is. EXAMPLE...ESPN, and the likes of Mike T. AND some on here.

what the fluck? Lol

cowboyblue22

Reaction score
It does not matter catch, Dak needs no leverage, because he is dealing with 2 bozo's who think jaylon is a cornerstone, and elliot is the best rb in the nfl !
They will sign dak and pay more than even the dak fans would approve of, or they will use the exclusive tag again. They dont have the stones to use the other tag.

Now about saving money, if dak had signed for 27 mil a year last year, and they then had a extra 10 mil, the jones boys would have just spent that on guys
like ha ha, poe, that other dl and some other duds.

For the saving money thing to work, since it is only around 10 mil, you have to have a smart gm working with a smart HC, and ours are not smart and
they dont work together, MM said he told jerry, you get the players and we will coach them up lol, and we saw how well that worked last year.
It really doesnt matter what they do with dak, they are not going to be a serious contender anytime soon.[/QUOTE
this is the best post about the dak contract situation i have read all of this really dont matter because the cowboys are not going to be in championship contention as long as jerry and stephen jones and the rest of the clan run the dallas cowboys

Reaction score

I wish you... would step out from that ledge my friend...

And cut ties with all the lies that you’ve been living in.

cowboyblue22

Reaction score
i still maintain that if no long term deal is done and they franchise dak its over he will be here one more year then he will walk after 2021 but it really dont matter because as long as dumb and dumber are running the team they will never be in championship contention