Twitter: Mike Tannenbaum nails Daks tag issues for this year in a nut-shell

DFWJC

Reaction score
You understand this is like taking a video of Michael Jordan shooting an air ball and trying to create a false narrative with it don't you?? Or are you just totally oblivious to that?

Brady has taken 1000's of snaps and he is one of the best ever at getting rid of a football quickly.
This is one of the most all-time indisputable comments ever on this site.
:laugh::hammer:

DFWJC

Reaction score
Which is precisely why the Cowboys must trade him if he refuses to sign a long term deal. Getting noting for hi except a 3rd round comp pick, assuming that isn't negated by their own FA signings, is the worst case scenario.

Am I the only one who thinks Dak is never going to sign a long term deal with Dallas? Isn't it clear by now he will turn down whatever the Cowboys offer him so he can get $37 million this year and much much more next? If the report that Dak wanted a clause in the contract preventing the Cowboys from franchising him ever again is true, I think it reveals what Dak wants.
Remember....we can't trade him unless he signs the tag or agrees to a sign and trade.

Creeper

Reaction score
Remember....we can't trade him unless he signs the tag or agrees to a sign and trade.

I don't think he will refuse to sign the tag and sit out the season. He would be turning down $37 million in cash. After missing 11 games in 2020, sitting out the entire 2020 season would probably hurt him in future negotiations with any teams he might want to play for.

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
Dak lost one offensive lineman and made a spare defensive end from Atlanta look like the second coming of Lawrence Taylor.
How many sacks did that spare get that day, 5 at least, mans single one game highlight reel.

Motorola

Reaction score
Well, the problem is that teams may or may not be interested in trading for a player who is still injured. That's a lot of money to give a guy who can't even get out on the field and give a team a practice. On the one hand, it could drive the price down for Dak but on the other hand, if I know France, he will just take the attitude of just signing the tender and waiting to get to FA next year. I wouldn't put it past him to suggest Dak slow roll it and limit his exposure.
Well...that would cement the notion that Prescott+France is going for the 1-2 payday punches - from Dallas - or another franchise.
BTW - does anyone know if the league OTA schedule returns prior to the pandemic shutdown (= getting a sneak preview on how Prescott looks on the field)?

irving

Reaction score
You spouting the nonsense. I don’t underestimate Brady.
Brady signed with Tampa because he knew the quality of their personnel, he would have never signed with Dallas where he would have had no chance of winning.