Twitter: Mike Tannenbaum nails Daks tag issues for this year in a nut-shell

phildadon86

Reaction score
I think those of us who can look at things objectively need to remind ourselves that we are on a Cowboys message board and if there was any place where people are going to be delusional about Dak it’s on here.

So this isn’t really a place to be realistic.. Most people outside of this board would agree that Dak isn’t worth this deal and the people for signing Dak wouldn’t be saying this if he were a Chicago Bear for example.

It’s just fans being fans and I have to remind myself of that.
Yet. Most if not all the talking heads have Dak in the top 10. Some as high as top 6. But hey. Catch knows more.

phildadon86

Reaction score
You understand this is like taking a video of Michael Jordan shooting an air ball and trying to create a false narrative with it don't you?? Or are you just totally oblivious to that?

Brady has taken 1000's of snaps and he is one of the best ever at getting rid of a football quickly.
Because the scheme he was in allowed him to. Jason garrett and his stupid scheme wouldnt have allowed him to do that. Neither would Kellen Moore. Why is this so freaking hard for you to understand.

Because it goes against your theory of Brady would have won us a superbowl with the disaster of a defence and team we had last year.

PJTHEDOORS

Reaction score
You understand this is like taking a video of Michael Jordan shooting an air ball and trying to create a false narrative with it don't you?? Or are you just totally oblivious to that?

Brady has taken 1000's of snaps and he is one of the best ever at getting rid of a football quickly.

lol.

plasticman

Reaction score
This is the area where Jerry Jones's lack of earned NFL credentials, his absence of any unique talent or ability when it comes to evaluating and acquiring talent, and his disregard for what it takes towards building a championship team is truly highlighted.

He completely disrespects the position of GM. These guys have an almost 24 hour a day commitment to building a championship team. They earned the position by excelling at every level starting with assistant scout or assistant coach or even a former player. The move up due their their consistent success. For every GM in this league there where hundreds that competed along the way at each level.

For Jed and Jethro, it's just a part time job. They're running an oil company, building stadiums, making business deals, selling tickets and conducting endless interviews to promote their product.

For NFL GM's, winning is an absolute obsession. For the Clampets, it's merely the means to a more important end....personal credit.

They have consistently signed the wrong players and released the ones that contributed to occasional great regular seasons.

Look at any season in the past 25 where the Cowboys won 12 or more games. Note the main contributing players. Remember how they are disregarded or dismissed as "easily replaceable".

It's not shocking that Jerry claims he would pay almost anything for a championship. He doesn't understand the feeling of accomplishment a person has when it took hard work, dedication and commitment to earning something. He has always hired people to perform those tedious requirements.

Jerry failed to construct a consistent winning team when he didn't sign Dak two years ago when he should have. Dak would have been far more motivated and inspired if only Jerry had done the right thing.

If your 4th round pick becomes one of your key contributors over a 3 year period while being paid next to nothing while you can build your team further, then you acknowledge this in the most meaningful way you can.

Jerry didn't have to take advantage of Dak's contract all four seasons, extending his contract before the 2019 season would have been a fair and meaningfully gesture. It would have saved so many millions of cap space.

However you can't expect an amateur GM to possess such foresight.

eromeopolk

Reaction score
Been saying this for months.......Jerry and Stephen are facing TWO deadlines to the long-term deal completed before ALL their leverage disappears, March 9 and draft day. After the draft, they'll have zero leverage, none.

That is why this "EX" GM is a talking head on TV. He did not get a deal done with John Abraham:
John Abraham
https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/a/**/John_Abraham.jpg/250px-John_Abraham.jpg
No. 94, 56, 55, 53
Position:
Defensive end
Personal information
Born:
May 6, 1978 (age 42)
Timmonsville, South Carolina
Height: 6 ft 4 in (1.93 m)
Weight: 263 lb (119 kg)
Career information
High school:
Lamar (Lamar, South Carolina)
College: South Carolina
NFL Draft: 2000 / Round: 1 / Pick: 13
Career history
Career highlights and awards
Career NFL statistics
Tackles:
Quarterback sacks: 133.5
Forced fumbles: 46
Interceptions: 1

Give Dak Prescott his long term deal and stop the Arlington Jonesboys football operations pretending to be the Dallas Cowboys.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
Lol it was so obvious last year the Jones’s needed to use leverage in this situation but of course they were gentlemen in the negotiations and Dak’s agent took them for fools.

The Jones’s have gotten played if they do a deal at this point and we are a worse team for it.

Sign and trade is our only hope.

Doing the deal at this point just makes us a non Super Bowl contender for even longer.

I agreed. This is accurate. The team should have tagged him with a nonexclusive tag and used it to either drive him to sign or traded him. That was the smart move for sure. There is really no question about that IMO but it's not as if we didn't discuss this over and over again so whatever.

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
Lol, people still believe this about Dalton?

Like what is the goal if you are playing him as your starter? It's certainly not to try to win a Super Bowl.

Dalton +30mil > Dak

Do you have our SB victory under Dak on video? I missed it. Please send link. Thanks.

Future

Intramural Legend
Reaction score
Dalton +30mil > Dak

Do you have our SB victory under Dak on video? I missed it. Please send link. Thanks.
Is Dalton playing for free?

I forgot that no quarterback has ever won a Super Bowl when they haven't done so before.

Motorola

Reaction score
I agreed. This is accurate. The team should have tagged him with a nonexclusive tag and used it to either drive him to sign or traded him. That was the smart move for sure. There is really no question about that IMO but it's not as if we didn't discuss this over and over again so whatever.
They should definitely do it this offseason...see what teams go running to acquire Prescott - and see if Todd France convinces Prescott ink a deal and to move on from the Ccowboys.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
They should definitely do it this offseason...see what teams go running to acquire Prescott - and see if Todd France convinces Prescott ink a deal and to move on from the Ccowboys.

Well, the problem is that teams may or may not be interested in trading for a player who is still injured. That's a lot of money to give a guy who can't even get out on the field and give a team a practice. On the one hand, it could drive the price down for Dak but on the other hand, if I know France, he will just take the attitude of just signing the tender and waiting to get to FA next year. I wouldn't put it past him to suggest Dak slow roll it and limit his exposure.

Creeper

Reaction score
Dak isn’t being traded.

The team is the only party with any leverage right now. If need be, they will restructure a couple contracts to fit Dak in at 38 million. That’s probably what will happen because they don’t seem close on a long term deal.

The end game here is Dak playing out 2021 on the tag and signing with the highest bidder in March 2022.

Which is precisely why the Cowboys must trade him if he refuses to sign a long term deal. Getting noting for hi except a 3rd round comp pick, assuming that isn't negated by their own FA signings, is the worst case scenario.

Am I the only one who thinks Dak is never going to sign a long term deal with Dallas? Isn't it clear by now he will turn down whatever the Cowboys offer him so he can get $37 million this year and much much more next? If the report that Dak wanted a clause in the contract preventing the Cowboys from franchising him ever again is true, I think it reveals what Dak wants.