Mike Tomlin talking about the Cowboys

Cmac

Reaction score
Yes, zeke’s deal eats up cap space whether you want to acknowledge that or not. That money could be much better spent elsewhere. Paying RB’s, outside of maybe McCaffrey, is a fools game. Look at all the teams who have drafted a RB in the top 10 and then went on to give them the most ever for a RB at that time, let me know how those tams are doing.

Dlaw is a top 10 edge. Cooper is reliant on the QB, who sucks, and is stilling do alright. Jaylon absolutely sucks and I can’t stand him. Dak needs to get paid. Hated Romo, still can’t stand him and was plenty vocal about him as well.

Any other questions?
Why just McCaffrey? Hmmm! He hurt and about to be run in the ground. And I like him too...but no mention of Cook?

aria

Reaction score
Why just McCaffrey? Hmmm! He hurt and about to be run in the ground. And I like him too...but no mention of Cook?
Cook may be alright. McCaffrey’s all purpose yards are off the charts, you’re getting a WR and a RB in one player. He had better receiving stats than some #1 receivers IIRC. I’m not knocking anyone for being injured unless it becomes repetitive, which Barkley seems to be heading towards.

Cmac

Reaction score
Cook may be alright. McCaffrey’s all purpose yards are off the charts, you’re getting a WR and a RB in one player. He had better receiving stats than some #1 receivers IIRC. I’m not knocking anyone for being injured unless it becomes repetitive, which Barkley seems to be heading towards.
Dalvin Cook is alright....wow. Maybe McCaffrey can come our way and the lovefest can begin. And Viking WR Thielen to help Trevor Lawrence. That would be nice.

RonnieT24

Reaction score

Cook much like McCaffrey is undersized for NFL running back and is always hurt too. Both are really fun to watch when they're on the field but both are going to spend a lot of time with the trainers over the course of their careers.

Cmac

Reaction score
Cook much like McCaffrey is undersized for NFL running back and is always hurt too. Both are really fun to watch when they're on the field but both are going to spend a lot of time with the trainers over the course of their careers.
Aria like him. Just supporting Aria's take.

aria

Reaction score
Dalvin Cook is alright....wow. Maybe McCaffrey can come our way and the lovefest can begin. And Viking WR Thielen to help Trevor Lawrence. That would be nice.
Cook is very good, but I’d like to see another year of consistency from him which would make 3 years since he really started tearing it up. I’m not saying his first couple of years were his fault, I just need to see a little more. I would think he’ll be great but I’m not going to rush judgement on two years of productivity.

aria

Reaction score
Aria like him. Just supporting Aria's take.
you’re not supporting, you’re arguing/debating. You’d rather have a big headed weeble wobble that literally trips over his own feet for a safety then a well rounded RB who can catch, run and is elusive.

gjkoeppen

Reaction score

Here's what's wrong with your dream. The Prescott will be the QB next year for sure and probably the next 4 years. The Cowboys ARE NOT going to draft Lawrence. McCaffery just signed a new contract so the only way he could end up in Dallas is by way of trade and that isn't going to happen. Then there's Elliott who because of his play this season and his fumbling and his contract he's not tradeable so that would just leave cutting him which would had a ton on the dead money on a cap that all the teams know will be smaller next year. Now Thielen just signed a contract last season and even though there's a possible out after this season does not mean the vikings will do it so to get hi9m would be another trade and why would the Cowboys do that when they have Cooper, Gallup and Lamb? Now how is your dream going to help the Cowboys biggest problem the defense?

Cmac

Reaction score
Here's what's wrong with your dream. The Prescott will be the QB next year for sure and probably the next 4 years. The Cowboys ARE NOT going to draft Lawrence. McCaffery just signed a new contract so the only way he could end up in Dallas is by way of trade and that isn't going to happen. Then there's Elliott who because of his play this season and his fumbling and his contract he's not tradeable so that would just leave cutting him which would had a ton on the dead money on a cap that all the teams know will be smaller next year. Now Thielen just signed a contract last season and even though there's a possible out after this season does not mean the vikings will do it so to get hi9m would be another trade and why would the Cowboys do that when they have Cooper, Gallup and Lamb? Now how is your dream going to help the Cowboys biggest problem the defense?
It ain't......it just suppose to help the fan base here.

Cmac

Reaction score
you’re not supporting, you’re arguing/debating. You’d rather have a big headed weeble wobble that literally trips over his own feet for a safety then a well rounded RB who can catch, run and is elusive.
A debate is objective, not subjective....so WE ain't doing that.

gjkoeppen

Reaction score
It ain't......it just suppose to help the fan base here.

What fan base? Most people here are pretty adamant about going defense in the draft not WASTING the 1st round pick on a QB and also not adding more dead money to a smaller cap next year and last of all not needing ANY receivers. Stick to fantasy football.

Big D

Reaction score
It wasn't too long ago that the concensus around here was that Tomlin was a thug who shouldn't even be coaching at this level. Lol. Times have changed.

Miller

ARTIST FORMERLY KNOWN AS TEXASFROG
Reaction score
I love this guy. All class. Can’t say we are bad. This is great stuff. Keep His teams edge

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
I love this guy. All class. Can’t say we are bad. This is great stuff. Keep His teams edge

It's amazing how many of the local towel-wavers have wanted him fired over the years. They think they should've won about a dozen SBs by now. :rolleyes: