Mike Zimmer Still Sucks

Frozen700

Reaction score
we need to send blitzes like we did agianst denver...our corners can lock down..just get the pressure

Jon88

Benched
Reaction score
I can't stand the guy. It's like he doesn't learn anything new from season to season because its always the same freaking crap with him. It's unbelievable.

Oh, and I can tell you one organization that has probably breathed a big sigh of relief - Nebraska. Bill did them a big favor by telling Zimmer he was NFL head coaching material :lmao:

Chocolate Lab

Run-loving Dino
Reaction score
THUMPER said:
The bottom line is that Zimmer is STILL playing the same old "Bend-but-don't-break" defense that he learned under Campo and until he leaves we will NEVER see the attacking style of defense that wins championships.
Do you remember 2003 when we so often ran that zero blitz with NO safety help at all? Some opposing QB -- I'm thinking it may even have been Bledsoe when he was at Buffalo -- even said we blitzed more than any team in the league. That was Zimmer.

The no-blitz philosophy is Parcells', not Zimmer's.

That's not to say Zimmer is a great DC or that we should or shouldn't blitz more. But blaming Zimmer for not blitzing is like blaming Zimmer for the 3-4 defense being here.

ZeroClub

just trying to get better
Reaction score
But blaming Zimmer for not blitzing is like blaming Zimmer for the 3-4 defense being here.
That's a great line, CLab. Directly on the mark, too.

Kalyan

Reaction score
I agree that Parcells doesn't like to blitz often, but its not like we don't blitz at all. Did any one of you see any effective blitzes when we do blitz or is Parcells not allowing Zimmer to come up with creative blitzes?