Mike Zimmer Still Sucks

junk

I've got moxie
Reaction score
THUMPER said:
Parcells has had an attacking defense everywhere else he's been.

Not really.

But even if he had, why do you suppose he doesn't here? Do you really think that he just sat back and told Zimmer to go implement the 3-4?

Do you really think that during games he just sits on the sideline and says "Boy, if that was me calling the plays, we'd be more aggressive."

That is ridiculous.

junk

I've got moxie
Reaction score
dbair1967 said:
the pass rush wasnt any good before Parcells got here either....and we always ranked at the bottom of the league in turnovers

there's been one constant...you figure it out

David

So why doesn't Parcells get any blame? Shouldn't he be fixing that? Isn't that the role of the head coach?

People's hatred for Zim clouds their judgement. Parcells is every bit as much to blame as Zimmer.

The team has one consistently average pass rusher (Ellis) and another that looks like he may end up being the same type of player (Ware). For all that James does well, he can't blitz. Ayodele hasn't shown much pass rush. Roy Williams took a terrible angle to the QB last game and got punked by a 5'7" RB.

I guess that is all Zim's fault too. :rolleyes:

I'm all for adding another pass rusher next year.

junk

I've got moxie
Reaction score
Novacek84 said:
You wanna blame both? Fine go ahead. But if Zimmer can't run this defense, Parcells should have canned him. Bottom line- Zimmer is the coordinator and he never adjusts during the course of a game. DeMarcus Ware was all over the place in the 1st quarter. Instead of turning him loose the rest of the game, they went conservative. The result? Easy day for Leftwich. Zimmer now has the talent and still can't get it done. I've seen enough. Time for a new D-coordinator. Let this clown go to Nebraska or wherever he was going to go.

I agree if Zim can't run it, he should be fired.

Parcells obviously doesn't think so because he kept him around and continues to let him call plays. If it is too passive, BP has every opportunity to stick his nose in and change things. He hasn't.

If you feel this way about Zimmer, you have to feel this way about Parcells too IMO.

THUMPER

Papa
Reaction score
junk said:
Not really.

But even if he had, why do you suppose he doesn't here? Do you really think that he just sat back and told Zimmer to go implement the 3-4?

Do you really think that during games he just sits on the sideline and says "Boy, if that was me calling the plays, we'd be more aggressive."

That is ridiculous.

Actually, I do blame Parcells. I believe Parcells has gotten "old man's disease" wherein he is more afraid to lose than to do what needs to be done to win games. He will get a lead in the 1st quarter and try to sit on it for the next 45 minutes.

He has been playing "not-to-lose" since he got here and it's not going to get any better folks unless he lets it go. Keeping Zimmer is a sign of that mentality as he has the same style of playing not to lose.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
ykc said:
I have heard all the exuses about him that he didn't have good players to create pressure. I have said this before, he is good with bend but don't break defense but creating pressures is not something that is in his dictionary

Why don't we see one of the LB or safetys come up and have a free shot at the QB? Like Pittsburg/SD/NE? Isn't the main advantage of 3-4? confuse which LB is going to blitz from which side? if we blitz the whole stadium knows where it is coming from and the only blitz package we have is throw the kitchen sink at the offense

Hope some guys are still not defending this guy when he has good/star players at EVERY position. He sucks!!!

Your entitled to your opinion

Kalyan

Reaction score
And where will you put the pass rusher? It has to be in place of either Ware/Ellis and it would still be the same.

In 3-4, the 3 linemen are not going to get sacks/pressure, its not their role. If the LBs are not blitzing from different sides/lanes, there won't be any pressure on the QB. Our LB have to wait for the TE/RB to see if they are running any passing routes and then start to get after that QB, which will never be effective

If the Blitzes are effective like SD/Pittsburg/NE, I have seen LB/Safteys running through holes and getting a free shot at the QB, no need to rush any offensive player. Is this a novel concept in Dallas?

junk said:
So why doesn't Parcells get any blame? Shouldn't he be fixing that? Isn't that the role of the head coach?

People's hatred for Zim clouds their judgement. Parcells is every bit as much to blame as Zimmer.

The team has one consistently average pass rusher (Ellis) and another that looks like he may end up being the same type of player (Ware). For all that James does well, he can't blitz. Ayodele hasn't shown much pass rush. Roy Williams took a terrible angle to the QB last game and got punked by a 5'7" RB.

I guess that is all Zim's fault too. :rolleyes:

I'm all for adding another pass rusher next year.

Boyzmamacita

CowBabe Up!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The bottom line is that Zimmer is STILL playing the same old "Bend-but-don't-break" defense that he learned under Campo and until he leaves we will NEVER see the attacking style of defense that wins championships.

The irony is that Campo is now on the Jags defensive staff and they played with more aggression than we did on D.

DipChit

Reaction score
Forget about coaching for a minute. It's not like we're rushing 3 and dropping 8 like the Broncos tried a couple years ago on a Monday night against Gannon where he proceeded to complete like 25 straight.

Anytime there is 4 guys rushing why cant any of them simply beat the guy in front of them more often? Ware pinned his ears back no shortage of times yesterday and still by in large didnt sniff Leftwich.

Oh wait, I forgot. He was being "held" the whole time.

Zimmy Lives

Reaction score
Yeah! Fire Zimmer! He missed an easy inteception that could have turned the game; he got sealed on the corner on Jacksonville's last TD run; he couldn't consistently beat the man in front of him enough to create pressure on the QB; and, he blew a coverage that allowed an apparent easy TD pass.

I seem to recall Parcells once stating that he is not about gimmicks on defense. He wants his boys to win the one-on-one match ups at the LOS. Well guess what, his boys didn't do it and they gave up 24 unaswered points and lost. Yeah, sure, fire Zimmer.

Gawd, some of you guys are amazing....:rolleyes:

justbob

Just taking it easy
Reaction score
BlueStar22 said:
defense looks like they were out of gas.

But with all the "depth--although green players" why couldn't we rotate enough to keep our d fresh? Just a question

Bone

Reaction score
I don't know if Mike Zimmer sucks or not but there is no way a supposed top 5 NFL defense should be giving up 24 points to the Jags. To me that is the biggest story to come out of the game.
Bone

out.

junk

I've got moxie
Reaction score
ykc said:
And where will you put the pass rusher? It has to be in place of either Ware/Ellis and it would still be the same.

In 3-4, the 3 linemen are not going to get sacks/pressure, its not their role. If the LBs are not blitzing from different sides/lanes, there won't be any pressure on the QB. Our LB have to wait for the TE/RB to see if they are running any passing routes and then start to get after that QB, which will never be effective

If the Blitzes are effective like SD/Pittsburg/NE, I have seen LB/Safteys running through holes and getting a free shot at the QB, no need to rush any offensive player. Is this a novel concept in Dallas?

Replace Ellis. Use him in the nickel.

There are plenty of ways to get a good pass rusher on the field.

I understand the concepts of the 3-4, thanks for the lesson. Dallas doesn't really have any linebackers that can rush either (outside of Ware). James is a fine player, but a lousy blitzer. Ayodele looks like JAG to me.

Even Roy looked silly blitzing. Terrible angle and he got punked by little Maurice Drew.

Stautner

Reaction score
ykc said:
I have heard all the exuses about him that he didn't have good players to create pressure. I have said this before, he is good with bend but don't break defense but creating pressures is not something that is in his dictionary

Why don't we see one of the LB or safetys come up and have a free shot at the QB? Like Pittsburg/SD/NE? Isn't the main advantage of 3-4? confuse which LB is going to blitz from which side? if we blitz the whole stadium knows where it is coming from and the only blitz package we have is throw the kitchen sink at the offense

Hope some guys are still not defending this guy when he has good/star players at EVERY position. He sucks!!!

Roy Williams is the only STAR player we have on defense. Terrence Newman is very close to that, and many others appear to have the potential to be stars, but potential and production aren't the same thing.

To say we have stars at every position is incredibly naive'. What we have is players with physical talent at every position, but very few have yet to prove they are stars. You are getting ahead of yourself at this point.

Kalyan

Reaction score
I said star/good players. The only potential weekness on this defense is supposed to be FS. May be I "ate the cheese" that Parcells is feeding like the rest of the media. Didn't Parcells suggest the following statements?

Our secondary is supposed to the best, Newman was supposed to in pro-bowl last year and he is definitely going to be this year, along with Roy

Our LBs are so talented and deep that we had to sit our first round pick and release another offseason addition that we paid 1 million

Our DL with Spears/Fugerson/Canty were supposed to be the steel curtain version of 70s steelers

I am just little pissed seeing the same defense from last 6-8 yrs, so just blowing off some steam :)

Stautner said:
Roy Williams is the only STAR player we have on defense. Terrence Newman is very close to that, and many others appear to have the potential to be stars, but potential and production aren't the same thing.

To say we have stars at every position is incredibly naive'. What we have is players with physical talent at every position, but very few have yet to prove they are stars. You are getting ahead of yourself at this point.

Stautner

Reaction score
ykc said:
I said star/good players. The only potential weekness on this defense is supposed to be FS. May be I "ate the cheese" that Parcells is feeding like the rest of the media. Didn't Parcells suggest the following statements?

Our secondary is supposed to the best, Newman was supposed to in pro-bowl last year and he is definitely going to be this year, along with Roy

Our LBs are so talented and deep that we had to sit our first round pick and release another offseason addition that we paid 1 million

Our DL with Spears/Fugerson/Canty were supposed to be the steel curtain version of 70s steelers

I am just little pissed seeing the same defense from last 6-8 yrs, so just blowing off some steam :)

Geez, is this meant to be real?

Don't you recognize that our secondary being the "best" only an opinion. Obviously they are good, but as for the best, that depends on who you talk to. Outside of Dallas fans you would get a lot of disagreement.

As for Newman "definitely" going to the Pro-Bowl ...... come on, it's baloney to state this as a fact. He may get a Pro-Bowl nod, and I would agree he has that kind of potential, but once again you are putting the cart before the horse.

And calling our D-line the "steel curtain version of the 70's Steelers" is so far fetched that it hardly deserves comment. To call a long time solid, but not star, veteran (Ferguson) and 2 2nd year players the equivalent of Joe Green, L.C. Greenwood, Ernie Holmes and Dwight White is outlandish.

By the way, who was it that told you that Canty, Ferguson and Spears were supposed to be at that level - I know I've never read it anywhere.

Kalyan

Reaction score
I am only exagerating it with all the hype coming out of Parcells/Dallas Media/Natianal Media about how good this defense was supposed to be. Didn't we have zillion (sorry I didn't count exact number) threads about Doomsday III defense and such other topics? Like someone said earlier in the thread, its just my opinion on what Zimmer can do. Take it easy

Stautner said:
Geez, is this meant to be real?

Don't you recognize that our secondary being the best is only an opinion. Obviously they are good, but as for the best, that depends on who you talk to. Outside of Dallas fans you would get a lot of disagreement.

As for Newman "definitely" going to the Pro-Bowl ...... come on, it's baloney to state this as a fact. He may get a Pro-Bowl nod, and I would agree he has that kind of potential, but once again you are putting the cart before the horse.

And calling our D-line the "steel curtain version of the 70's Steelers" is so far fetched that it hardly deserves comment. To call a long time solid, but not star, veteran (Ferguson) and 2 2nd year players the equivalent of Joe Green, L.C. Greenwood, Ernie Holmes and Dwight White is outlandish.

By the way, who was it that told you that's what Canty, Ferguson and Spears were supposed to be at that level - I know I've never read it anywhere.

Stautner

Reaction score
ykc said:
I am only exagerating it with all the hype coming out of Parcells/Dallas Media/Natianal Media about how good this defense was supposed to be. Didn't we have zillion (sorry I didn't count exact number) threads about Doomsday III defense and such other topics? Like someone said earlier in the thread, its just my opinion on what Zimmer can do. Take it easy

I personally haven't been a member here that long, so I don't know what your posters wrote before. I'm sure some did jump on the bandwagon too hard - that always happens.

Seems like your statements about the secondary and Newman would fit in that category.

I'm what I call a cautious optimist. I like to think I see the potential, and I get excited about potential, but I view it realistically and realize that potential doesn't prove anything - only production does.

Until these guys make the transition from potential to production we just can't make any definitive statements.

Little Jr

Reaction score
junk said:
Not really.

That is ridiculous.

THANK YOU!!!!! That's what I've been saying. This is BP's D. He drafted the players. He decided to go to the 3-4. He goes over the game plan before every game. He oks the game plan before every play. He takes out and adds to the game plan before every game. He's on the sidelines for everyplay in every game. At any time he can change it but doesnt.

As far as Zims D before BPs, he was D coord for 3 years. He didnt have much talent to work with. Now he has the talent and has a HC that doenst believe in blitzing because it gives up the big play. He rather them take time off the clock and then score.

SilverStarCowboy

The Actualist
Reaction score
Zimmer sucks very muh, I've always felt he was a nobody a mere premadonna and if we ever do get a new DCoordinator the difference will show immediatly for the betterment of our team.

Stautner

Reaction score
Little Jr said:
THANK YOU!!!!! That's what I've been saying. This is BP's D. He drafted the players. He decided to go to the 3-4. He goes over the game plan before every game. He oks the game plan before every play. He takes out and adds to the game plan before every play. He's on the sidelines for everyplay in every game. At any time he can change it but doesnt.

As far as Zims D before BPs, he was D coord for 3 years. He didnt have much talent to work with. Now he has the talent and has a HC that doenst believe in blitzing because it gives up the big play. He rather them take time off the clock and then score.

The fact that the coordinators do not act independent of Parcells is a simple, and seemingly obvious fact that many don't seem to grasp.