Miles Austin should be #3

DallasDomination

Reaction score
Did this guy just become a After thought of something? He has played very good when given the chance and now all of a sudden He's just out of the mix?

Crayton offers nothing at this point. He doesnt even have those reliable hands people raved about. Miles IMO has so muh more upside and is much much faster.

Is this coaching staff just not very good?

:lmao2: :lmao2: OK I laughed at my own question ^
'
'

Rack

Federal Agent
Reaction score
I'm probably the biggest Miles Austin believer ("Supporter" would indicate I have an agenda which I don't) at these forums, but I wouldn't even make him the fulltime #3. Crayton does a good job in that role so I'd like to see him take advantage of some of the underneath routes that would open up with RW11 and TO on the field. At this point, working the underneath routes isn't a strong point in Austin's game.

I would like to see TO and RW11 on one side of the field, and Austin wide to the other side (with Witten at TE to that side) and run Austin deep. If it's man 2 man then the saftey better help and if he does, Witten should be wide open underneath.

The Ominous

Dead Man Stalkin
Reaction score
Crayton is great in the slot. He runs cross patterns well and finds holes in the zone. It is his natural position I believe, other than QB...:laugh2:

Let's see what he can do with two beasts at WR and an all-pro TE next to him.

I think he gets a few grabs on Sunday.

DatNguyen59

Reaction score
Rack;2415564 said:
I would like to see TO and RW11 on one side of the field, and Austin wide to the other side (with Witten at TE to that side) and run Austin deep. If it's man 2 man then the saftey better help and if he does, Witten should be wide open underneath.
Thats what i do in madden. Put crayton and RW11 on the outside and TO in the slot. It is very effective.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
I completely disagree with the premise of this thread. Patrick Crayton is a perfect #3 WR and Austin could develop into a #2 opposite Roy when TO retires. He'll get plenty of opportunities still, but Crayton is legitimately a great #3 WR. He is going to cause some serious matchup problems.

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
I love Austin, I do, but he's not NEARLY as good a #3, in the slot, as Crayton is. Anyone saying otherwise is simply a Crayton hater.

Big Country

Rolling Thunder
Reaction score
DallasDomination;2415544 said:
Did this guy just become a After thought of something? He has played very good when given the chance and now all of a sudden He's just out of the mix?

Crayton offers nothing at this point. He doesn't even have those reliable hands people raved about. Miles IMO has so much more upside and is much much faster.

Is this coaching staff just not very good?

:lmao2: :lmao2: OK I laughed at my own question ^
'
'

who's been throwing the ball to our receivers lately... could it be you've forgotten? once we get Romo back under center... production will most likely get back to where it once was.

SDogo

Not as good as I once was but as good once as I ev
Reaction score
Hostile;2415700 said:
I completely disagree with the premise of this thread. Patrick Crayton is a perfect #3 WR and Austin could develop into a #2 opposite Roy when TO retires. He'll get plenty of opportunities still, but Crayton is legitimately a great #3 WR. He is going to cause some serious matchup problems.

Yup, Crayton is now exactly where he belongs. He is the definition of a #3 WR.

aikemirv

Reaction score
I understand but what Romo really needs in this offense is more options in the short passing game not the deep passing game. Crayton provides that.

Especially until we get our protection better!

chargrove

Reaction score
Tell you what. This thread becomes relevant when we are successfully throwing to WR's #1 and #2 with any kind of regularity. :shoot6:

TNCowboy

Double Trouble
Reaction score
When's the last time Crayton played the role of #3 WR?

Last time Glenn was healthy?

Austin is a natural. When he gets the ball in his hands, you can tell he's a special athlete. To not have him on the field more is a detriment to the offense. Same as with not using Felix Jones when he was healthy.

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
Austin still needs lots of work on route running skills. He still isn't very good at hiding his route. He is getting better at using his body and of couse he always has his speed.

khiladi

Reaction score
Hostile;2415700 said:

Word.... Crayton is a weapon as a number 3, not just a good receiver...

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
Hostile;2415700 said:

I agree that Austin is a future No. 2.
I completely disagree that Crayton is a perfect #3. I would say an adequate No. 3, for now.

MONT17

Reaction score
Crayton sux! He takes way too long to get in and out of patterns. He improvises way too much! Put Owens @ the Y Roy @ the X and Miles @ the Z,Terry Glenns old spot! Put Crayton in the Wildcat O! Maybe Crayton should be the backup QB he has to be better tha Brooks n Brad!

Velvet Jones

Reaction score
What hasn't Crayton done or are people still bitter about the playoff smack talk no show??

Nexx

Reaction score
crayton is a very effective slot receiver, lets just keep it that way.