Miles Austin should be #3

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score
Hostile;2415700 said:
I completely disagree with the premise of this thread. Patrick Crayton is a perfect #3 WR and Austin could develop into a #2 opposite Roy when TO retires. He'll get plenty of opportunities still, but Crayton is legitimately a great #3 WR. He is going to cause some serious matchup problems.

I agree. I would like to see them stack TO and Austin and maybe Crayton with Roy on the other side. For quick passes and long routes.

GimmeTheBall!;2415773 said:
I agree that Austin is a future No. 2.

I completely disagree that Crayton is a perfect #3. I would say an adequate No. 3, for now.

I would tend to agree with the latter but we really need to see what we have with TO, RWR, and Crayton on the field more with a healthy OL and QB before saying Crayton is not better than average.

links18

Reaction score
Kind of hard to get all of the receivers in the mix, with Brad Johnson throwing the ball. But yes, with Romo back--Garrett needs to mix everyone in and utilize their abilities. Who cares who is #2, #3 or #4? He did a nice job working Austin into the game plan at the end of the year last year (although he was still having trouble catching the ball then). I hope he can do the same this year and not get stuck thinking this guy is #2, this other guy is #3 or #4, etc. Work them all into to the game plan to utilize their strengths. We haven't done a good job of that this year. We have barely seen Choice......

Number82

No Helmet; No Problem
Reaction score
I'm a huge Miles supporter. Always have been, but Crayton is by far the better slot receiver. That would be why when he did play this season, before the Roy Williams trade, TO would line up outside, so would Miles, and Crayton would go into the slot. Some people have said it already, Miles is the #2 to Roy Williams when TO retires. It's really just a matter of Garrett getting Miles onto the field now because he needs to be out there. He's explosive, but not as good of a slot receiver as Crayton.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
aardvark;2415714 said:
who's been throwing the ball to our receivers lately... could it be you've forgotten? once we get Romo back under center... production will most likely get back to where it once was.

OOoooh!!! Oooohhh! I know this one. I've been watching all the games: Nobody.

What do I get for getting it right?

BAT

Mr. Fixit
Reaction score
Crayton is a good slot receiver, but Owens much much better. The slot is where Dallas needs to have T.O. play to escape the jams at the line and double teams. And Roy and Austin are better split wide than Crayton.

I am all for adding more playmakers on the field at the same time. Especially with Felix dicey for Sunday's game.

Why not put in as many PLAYMAKERS on the field at the same time???

links18

Reaction score
BAT;2416396 said:
Crayton is a good slot receiver, but Owens much much better. The slot is where Dallas needs to have T.O. play to escape the jams at the line and double teams. And Roy and Austin are better split wide than Crayton.

I am all for adding more playmakers on the field at the same time. Especially with Felix dicey for Sunday's game.

Why not put in as many PLAYMAKERS on the field at the same time???

PLAYMAKERS are good, but what we really need is for the guys in the trenches to drastically step up on Sunday.....