Minah Kimes reveals the Dallas Cowboys real problem during the playoffs in recent years

GINeric

Reaction score
Sure ....... Mr Deer in the headlights has nothing to do with his receivers rankings

xjea7totzyuj7nubsdyz.jpg

Those rankings consist of a few areas. One of those areas that affect their rankings is the ability to get open.

Now let me ask you this.

1. What quarterback who has ever played can control how a receiver run routes or get open. How does a quarterback control the footwork and technique of another individual?

I'm not saying Dak doesn't affect his receivers rankings..... but Dak has been a perennial top 10 quarterback and last year he became All Pro and a MVP candidate WITHOUT the help of a good running game and only one good receiver (according to this video).

2. Now how does a quarterback who negatively affect his receivers lead the league in touchdowns (I believe) be in the top 10, become an All-Pro and a MVP candidate without a running game?

We all know Dak isn't elite, but if you could answer those questions for me I would be very appreciative. Please don't deflect, bring up something else, give a response that has zero to do with the questions I asked you.....

Please just answer those questions for me. Thanks in advance.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I did a quick scan. For what it is worth, the video's first 52 seconds is Mina Kimes. The remaining 11 minutes and 7 seconds is the usual Dak Attacks... stuff.

Just saying.

acr731

Jerry learned to GM from Pee Wee Herman
Reaction score
Watch it.
Don't need to. If it's being posted by you it's blaming everyone and everything but Dak.

The water boy, Charlotte and her Netflix show, crooked lines on the playing surface, sideline towels not fluffy enough, beer being too expensive, not enough cheese on the nachos, a piece of gum stuck to the floor in the standing only section at AT&T.....

ANYTHING BUT DAK...

Yobwocs

Reaction score
Those rankings consist of a few areas. One of those areas that affect their rankings is the ability to get open.

Now let me ask you this.

1. What quarterback who has ever played can control how a receiver run routes or get open. How does a quarterback control the footwork and technique of another individual?

I'm not saying Dak doesn't affect his receivers rankings..... but Dak has been a perennial top 10 quarterback and last year he became All Pro and a MVP candidate WITHOUT the help of a good running game and only one good receiver (according to this video).

2. Now how does a quarterback who negatively affect his receivers lead the league in touchdowns (I believe) be in the top 10, become an All-Pro and a MVP candidate without a running game?

We all know Dak isn't elite, but if you could answer those questions for me I would be very appreciative. Please don't deflect, bring up something else, give a response that has zero to do with the questions I asked you.....

Please just answer those questions for me. Thanks in advance.
We can argue all those things make Dak ELITE.

Just his team is the poorest among the top contenders....Eagles, Ravens, 49ers, Chiefs, and Bills.

Adreme

Reaction score

Just his team is the poorest among the top contenders....Eagles, Ravens, 49ers, Chiefs, and Bills.
Bills are not a top contender and the reason is that they have by far the worst roster among all the teams you listed.

plymkr

Reaction score
You raises an interesting and also timely question though. Is it better to have one great receiver, or 3 or 4 good receivers? Should the Cowboys pay CeeDee $35 million, or could they be just as successful with maybe 3 guys making between $15 million and $20 million. This is the question they need to answer because CeeDee is up for a huge contract.

I am inclined to believe they would have been better off trading CeeDee, drafting a WR in this last draft, and signing a couple of good WRs paying the whole lot of them in the $45 million range, than paying 1 receiver $35 million. I admit I could be very wrong, but paying 1 WR $35 million seems crazy to me.
Depends on your QB. This is not a back handed diss on Dak. If your QB is good at reading the defense quickly then you can get by with several average WRs. If your QB is a one read QB then it’s better to have 1 elite WR. I feel Dak would struggle without Lamb like he did without a #1 in 2018 until Cooper joined.

Yobwocs

Reaction score
Bills are not a top contender and the reason is that they have by far the worst roster among all the teams you listed.
That's a fallacy. Their defense against the Chiefs played way better than ours did against the Packers.

GINeric

Reaction score

I totally respect this response. Yes. Dak and his TEAM don't rise up against those teams. Although we have done pretty good vs the Eagles except when Dak was hurt and Rush filled in.

Other than that, at least I know you're an intelligent fan who actually knows our TEAM has fallen short, not just one or two players. We've collectively folded vs the tougher competition.

gtb1943

Reaction score
I totally respect this response. Yes. Dak and his TEAM don't rise up against those teams. Although we have done pretty good vs the Eagles except when Dak was hurt and Rush filled in.

Other than that, at least I know you're an intelligent fan who actually knows our TEAM has fallen short, not just one or two players. We've collectively folded vs the tougher competition.
Dak Bot and intelligent fan does not go together

Adreme

Reaction score
That's a fallacy. Their defense against the Chiefs played way better than ours did against the Packers.
No its just fact. Of course the defense looked better though because the Chiefs did not have a good offense last year. The only team in the playoffs their offense looked good against was the Dolphins who were missing I believe 7 or 8 starters and several backups. Meanwhile the Packers were a bad matchup for the Cowboys because they were playing a power run team using a S at LB. That does not change the fundamental truth that the Bills are not a contender and they do not have talent on their roster.

Here lets make this simple. Josh Allen is the best player on the Bills no doubt but can anyone name a single pro bowl level player on their roster besides him? You cannot because that player does not exist. The closest they have is Von Miller who was that guy several years but time only goes in one direction.

Redsfan_83

Reaction score
All Dak needs is an awesome team like the Ravens and he might have played in a Super Bowl already.

BTW, 100 of those yards of Lamar's are his rushing which is less significant as a QB stat.

Screenshot-20240713-141207.png
Lamar is getting a free pass when it comes to playoffs, but amongs Ravens fans I am confident they have the same discussions about their QB as we do

Yobwocs

Reaction score

I don't count those Rush wins as anything significant. The Vikings, the Commanders, the Giants, the 4-13 Rams. Result would've been the same with Dak as QB.

Only thing might've been different is if Dak played vs the Eagles...we could've won that game and got ourselves in the mix for that #1 seed.

Last edited:

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
You raises an interesting and also timely question though. Is it better to have one great receiver, or 3 or 4 good receivers? Should the Cowboys pay CeeDee $35 million, or could they be just as successful with maybe 3 guys making between $15 million and $20 million. This is the question they need to answer because CeeDee is up for a huge contract.

I am inclined to believe they would have been better off trading CeeDee, drafting a WR in this last draft, and signing a couple of good WRs paying the whole lot of them in the $45 million range, than paying 1 receiver $35 million. I admit I could be very wrong, but paying 1 WR $35 million seems crazy to me.
Here is my problem with this.....if you trace back to most Super Bowl-winning teams, there are usually at least TWO playmakers on both sides of the ball. I would argue other than CeeDee, we don't have another offensive playmaker. Also, what are doing here......drafting players but if/once they become ALL-PRO and/or top 5 or 10, worthy of the big contract, get rid of them???

GINeric

Reaction score
Strange we did pretty good with Michael Irvin and who?

Alvin Harper, Jay Novacek, and a few other pretty good receivers.

Now since you want to bring up that era, don't cherry pick, let's add in the other offensive elements. Which era had the better quarterback between Aikman and Prescott, but....

1. Who had the better offensive line, Irvin's Cowboys or Lamb's Cowboys?

2. Who had the better running back/running game, Irvin's Cowboys or Lamb's Cowboys?

3. Who had the better defense and special teams, Irvin's Cowboys or Lamb's Cowboys?

4. Who had better coaching, Irvin's Cowboys or Lamb's Cowboys?

When you try to set up a comparison to make a point.... make sure you include ALL the elements and details. Don't cherry pick.... toss in all the factors before you do your comparison. Had you done that, you would have answered your own question from the start.

Yobwocs

Reaction score
No its just fact. Of course the defense looked better though because the Chiefs did not have a good offense last year. The only team in the playoffs their offense looked good against was the Dolphins who were missing I believe 7 or 8 starters and several backups. Meanwhile the Packers were a bad matchup for the Cowboys because they were playing a power run team using a S at LB. That does not change the fundamental truth that the Bills are not a contender and they do not have talent on their roster.

Here lets make this simple. Josh Allen is the best player on the Bills no doubt but can anyone name a single pro bowl level player on their roster besides him? You cannot because that player does not exist. The closest they have is Von Miller who was that guy several years but time only goes in one direction.
They hit and they scrap and they bang bodies. They're men, we're boys. Should be evident when we got trashed against them 31-10.

We got blown out by the Packers. At least the Bills was a field goal away from possibly forcing overtime.

I don't care about Pro Bowlers. They have players who PLAY ball. Period. We have little whiners who got run off the field by the Packers, Niners and Bills. Pro Bowlers on the roster is so irrelevant.

Yobwocs

Reaction score
Lamar is getting a free pass when it comes to playoffs, but amongs Ravens fans I am confident they have the same discussions about their QB as we do
They are. Ravens have Flacco guys who are at odds with the Lamar guys.

But they don't trash Lamar as much as people here trash Dak. But way more Cowboys fans, way more mouths going off about our Quarterback than they got.

But yeah, Lamar is a snooze to watch in the playoffs. The offense just completely disappears. Pretty sure Ravens notice that.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
The real problem during the playoffs has been the defense. The real problem during the playoffs has always been the defense. We’ve had playoff games where we generated enough offense to win but we can’t stop anyone. We’ve allowed opponents to control the ball, limiting our offensive opportunities. Go back and watch the Rams playoff game in 2018. They had two backs run for over 100 yards. We’ve lost two playoff games under Dak where we scored 30 or more points. In our last two home playoff losses we registered ZERO sacks. We forced only one turnover in those two games.

Adreme

Reaction score
They hit and they scrap and they bang bodies. They're men, we're boys. Should be evident when we got trashed against them 31-10.

We got blown out by the Packers. At least the Bills was a field goal away from possibly forcing overtime.

I don't care about Pro Bowlers. They have players who PLAY ball. Period. We have little whiners who got run off the field by the Packers, Niners and Bills. Pro Bowlers on the roster is so irrelevant.
You have lost the entire thread of your argument. You said the Bills have a more talented roster (as opposed to just being a bad matchup which they are). I am saying if they are a more talented roster, then who are the talented players on the roster? The fact that you cant name any of them kind of proves the argument. The Bills had 2 players you could argue were top 5 at their position in Allen and Diggs and they lost Diggs. They are no longer a contender. They are decidedly not a top 3 team in their own conference anymore. The top 3 teams in that conference by a significant margin are the Chiefs, Bengals, and Ravens. They are in the same tier as teams like the Dolphins, Jets, Texans, and possibly the Jaguars where they could make the playoffs and maybe even win a game but they are not a serious Super Bowl contender. They do not have the talent on that roster to contend. The fact that you cannot name a single talented player on that roster outside of Josh Allen is proof enough because for those top 3 teams I can name at least a half dozen elite players and the Bills only have 1.