Minkah Fitzpatrick “Strong Safety Isn’t Best Suited For Me”

AmericanCowboy

Reaction score
So you think Miami would give away Fitzpatrick for two linemen you don't want and a pedestrian CB in the final year of his contract? Why would they do that?

Who knows. The Texans gave away Clowney for two players the Seahawks didn't want, and they paid 7 million dollars on top of it!

lkelly

Reaction score
Just because the guy was drafted in the first round doesn't mean he's "blue chip." Once the draft is over and the guys get in an NFL setting, the evaluation resets. Hey, Taco was a first round pick - we should covet him, right? Treadwell and Doctson were first round WRs - they must be awesome! Teams should be looking at the NFL film, not video of the guy playing for a stacked Bama team.

Hopefully there's some GM out there using the whole "blue chip" first round logic on Taco. I doubt it, though.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Just because the guy was drafted in the first round doesn't mean he's "blue chip." Once the draft is over and the guys get in an NFL setting, the evaluation resets. Hey, Taco was a first round pick - we should covet him, right? Treadwell and Doctson were first round WRs - they must be awesome! Teams should be looking at the NFL film, not video of the guy playing for a stacked Bama team.

Hopefully there's some GM out there using the whole "blue chip" first round logic on Taco. I doubt it, though.

Taco was never elite at anything.

The problem with Minkah is they never figured out a position for him..

Look at our very own Byron Jones. He had bust label on him too.

He'll probably be the highest paid corner in football after this season.

This guy has everything you're looking for. This is a blue chip prospect. That is what he is.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
I'm all for getting better at any position, but we have a damn good slot CB.

JD_KaPow

jimnabby
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Opinions vary just like beliefs.

But in my opinion he'd be a better corner than Brown. Brown is in his finale year so having Minkah's versatility waiting in the wings would be nice. There are no guarantees that we resign B.Jones and Minkah has four years left on his rookie deal.

So Taco, Hill, and Brown for Minkah is a trade I'd make. Addition by subtraction might come to mind on two of those guys.

I want Minkah as a CB.
Miami wants picks, not players. So sure, you'd make that trade, but they certainly would not.

Manwiththeplan

Reaction score
Who knows. The Texans gave away Clowney for two players the Seahawks didn't want, and they paid 7 million dollars on top of it!

You forgot the third round pick. And considering Clowney *couldn't* sign a long term deal until after the season and the only way he'd agree to report was if Seattle agreed to not franchise him, his value was pretty low. If they resign him long term, it's a steal, but if he walks, trading the third will kinda suck.

Hennessy_King

Reaction score
Or you could potentially just let Woods walk if Donovan Wilson can play.

Our safeties would be on rookie contracts for the next 3 or 4 years.
I'm down for that. I wouldn't give up more than a 3rd rounder for him tho

Pola_pe_a

Reaction score
Miami will likely get a 1st. Fitz is very good, versatile and cheap, Miami is on the hook for his signing bonus so any team that trades for him is getting control of him through 2021 for 5.9 mil.

Hell if the Eagles can get him for a 1st I’d be all over it.