Minnesota has chosen Childress as new head coach

morasp

Reaction score
If we keep screwing around waiting for Parcells to decide if he's coming back, all of the good candidates will be gone.

bbgun

Benched
Reaction score
Not that I agree with the policy, but what black coach did they interview first?

Nors

Benched
Reaction score
Guys doing the interview gig now are not better than Parcells.

bbgun

Benched
Reaction score
Poor Ted. He's gonna be passed around like an unwanted Christmas fruitcake.

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
bbgun said:
Poor Ted. He's gonna be passed around like an unwanted Christmas fruitcake.

:laugh1: he always is

I mean every, FREAKIN'! year i hear his name mentioned as a head coaching option, yet every year he doesn't get it

morasp

Reaction score
Nors said:
Guys doing the interview gig now are not better than Parcells.

There is no one out there that could do better than one play off loss in three years?

DBoys

Reaction score
January 6, 2006
By DAVE SPADARO

Brad Childress, the Eagles' offensive coordinator since 2002, has accepted the head coaching position of the Minnesota Vikings and will be introduced to the Vikings' media at a noon (ET) press conference.

The Eagles will likely have a comment, and perhaps a move to replace Childress, later in the day on Friday.

Childress joined the coaching staff in 1999 as the team's quarterbacks coach. His immediate task was to bring rookie quarterback Donovan McNabb up to speed and he did that very well. McNabb became the starting quarterback late in the 1999 season and then was a Pro Bowl player after the 2000 season.

Childress replaced Rod Dowhower as offensive coordinator in 2002. The speculation is that the Eagles will replace Childress with assistant head coach Marty Mornhinweg, who has been with the Eagles for three seasons in that capacity. The Eagles have issued no comment at this time, but with the coaching staff scheduled to go on vacation next week, word could come down at some point today. PhiladelphiaEagles.com will have complete coverage throughout the day.

http://www.philadelphiaeagles.com/homeNewsDetail.jsp?id=42940

EndGame

Reaction score
I don't know if that's a good thing for the Cowboys or a bad thing. The Eagles have some offensive scheme problems, IMO. I hope they don't get someone that will fix them :)

Yeagermeister

Reaction score
EndGame said:
I don't know if that's a good thing for the Cowboys or a bad thing. The Eagles have some offensive scheme problems, IMO. I hope they don't get someone that will fix them :)
If they promote Marty I think it will be a down grade :thumbup:

Eddie

Reaction score
Yeagermeister said:
If they promote Marty I think it will be a down grade :thumbup:

Marty was Mariucci's OC in SF when the 49ers were a playoff team in the early 90's. TO's success if partially because of Marty.

He's a lousy HC, but he proved he could run the WCO like a top.

If he's promoted in Philly, they have the guns and the know-how to jump right back on top again.