Missed My Flight in Denver

Jammer

Retired Air Force Guy
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I've flown in dozens of airports over the years, but last week was my first time ever flying into or out of Denver. Not a big fan of the airport at all. I had an early flight on Thursday and as customary for me I get there in plenty of time. The security lines were out of this world. Even with TSA precheck it took nearly 25 minutes to get through security and then I get to the train and it's malfunctioning. It was chaos. When I finally get to my gate there are birds flying inside the waiting area. Watching the birds was a nice diversion of waiting for my delayed flight to arrive.

CyberB0b

Village Idiot
Reaction score
So they knew I checked in, they knew my bags were on the plane, they knew I wasn’t on the plane, my lady asked them to wait, they just took off.

I can’t tell u how many times somebody’s wife got them to hold a plane for 10-15 min because their husband was on his way..

Whatever....

You'd be surprised how many people just flat don't show up, even though they have checked a bag and have checked in. Some people get drunk in the bar and forget. They don't know everyone's unique circumstances, so they don't hold planes for individuals. Most airlines suggest you get there 2 hours before departure, so you don't have that issue.

CF74

Vet Min Plus
Reaction score
You'd be surprised how many people just flat don't show up, even though they have checked a bag and have checked in. Some people get drunk in the bar and forget. They don't know everyone's unique circumstances, so they don't hold planes for individuals. Most airlines suggest you get there 2 hours before departure, so you don't have that issue.

I get that but that wasn’t the case. My lady told them I was on my way. And we got there very early. Their TSA process was extra slow that day. Water under the bridge now.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
So my flight was at 6:45am.

TSA was unusually longer than normal, it was like a time warp.

Got to my Gate at exactly 6:45am, they wouldn’t let me on the plane. I have never seen a Gate closed early and I’ve always had flights held for 10-15 min for other people, it makes no sense..

So alas, I’m sitting here till the next flight at 9:35am. Breakfast was a ham, egg, and cheese crepe..

It’s snowing here, one of the lamest and strangest Airports I’ve even been thru...

DIA is a pain in the ***, but there are plenty of places to eat and get a drink - or two. Unfortunately the drinking isn't really a 6:45 am thing. Not sure you can get that in the airport. You could probably have gotten something at the goofy looking hotel by the main terminal.

Melonfeud

I Copy!,,, er,,,I guess,,,ah,,,maybe.
Reaction score
I'm an airline pilot. The door gets closed 10-15 minutes before departure routinely. The company's on time performance (and pilot pay) is based on when the door is closed and the parking brake is released.

We can't close up until the flight attendants get a passenger count and the ground crew gets the baggage loads. This takes a little time, and is the reason it closes early.

The company will rarely hold a plane for late passengers, unless a significant amount of them were late due to a late connection.
I'd flew out of Boise with only about a 20 minute layover in Denver ,better than a year ago & the aircraft itself couldn't have been over two years old, if that,Well, they were having some kinda of systems check malfunction up in the cockpit & had to have a technical casing-liner type come over & reboot the system & reassure the dudes flying the plane that lit or non lit light or buzzer didn't mean what it was designed to mean(I GUESS),but we sat inside that plane damn near an hour & a half,long enough that the fuel tanker dude had to drive up & add more,,,so I had several hours to wait for the next flight to T town,,,so, I got smashed in the smoking lounge with this big German dude named HANS GRUBER(TRUE) we were knocking back Jigger's of JIM BEAM just about as fast as they could bring them to us:lmao2: