Missouri governor shortens DWI sentence of Britt Reid | AP News

Smith22

Reaction score
I'm not sure you want to go there. Not when scum are robbing, raping and killing people in the street and getting off with a reprimand.
Has nothing to do with a repeat offender drunk driver forcing a child to live with permanent brain damage.....

MizzouCowboy4

Reaction score
Before we get the torches and pitchforks out, has anyone actually verified the govonors story as to exactly why the sentence was commuted?

I know nothing about Missouri DWI convictions and incarceration, but I did find that if you are convicted of killing someone by drunk driving, Missouri is one of the more lenient states in the entire US per minimum and maximum time allowed by state law.

All things considered, I have little doubt as sad as the story is, the family is being well taken care of by the Hunt family vs if someone else would have hit them monetarily wise to take care of the little girl injured. I'm not condoning drunk driving, but your own state has guidlines per length of sentence.
I m a resident. Laws here are a joke.

DZSierra

Reaction score
I m a resident. Laws here are a joke.
From what I've read, they are. That said, even though the judge didn't throw the book at the guy, he still got 3 years sentenced by law.

The judge however didn't commute the sentence, the governor did.

Just so happens by all accounts the guy (govenor) was a big Cheifs fan, and the govonor didn't care what people thought because he was going to be running for office again.

The anger IMO should be directed towards the governor.