MLB Playoffs

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I was just ventiing. Not just here, but all over main stream sports venues are talking about the Yankees and Boston. No one is giving the Stro’s the same respect. I understand that you are are against the Astros so no worries

I think they are talking about Yankees-Boston because it is the marquee series in these playoffs. Pitting two 100-win teams against each other in the division series is one rare bird– And then you make it the Yankees and Boston. Well no wonder it's getting so much press.

I don't think it's a smack against the Astros.

jimmy40

Reaction score
I was just ventiing. Not just here, but all over main stream sports venues are talking about the Yankees and Boston. No one is giving the Stro’s the same respect. I understand that you are are against the Astros so no worries
The Astros could win 5 titles in a row and they would still get the afternoon starts because New York/Boston, just the way it is.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
I think they are talking about Yankees-Boston because it is the marquee series in these playoffs. Pitting two 100-win teams against each other in the division series is one rare bird– And then you make it the Yankees and Boston. Well no wonder it's getting so much press.

I don't think it's a smack against the Astros.

It's the number 1 and number 9 TV markets in the entire US. That alone is going to insure that it's the headliner.

I agree with you Mike.

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Good to see Correa join the hit parade. If he gets his groove going, I like our chances ;)

Go Stros :flagwave:

If the Astros advance (and they're leading 10-2 in the 9th), THAT may be the best news coming out of the division series.

A Correa who's hitting like he's capable will make a tough team even tougher.

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The Houston Astros are a monster team at this point.

Doesn't mean they'll advance beyond the next round... You never know what can happen.

But this team is playing its best baseball right.

And it's a better team than won it all last year.

kskboys

Reaction score
The Houston Astros are a monster team at this point.

Doesn't mean they'll advance beyond the next round... You never know what can happen.

But this team is playing its best baseball right.

And it's a better team than won it all last year.
Better by far. W/ Cole and Rondon and Osuna and Pressley, we now have what is in the running for the best pitching staff in baseball.

Last year we had no closer. This year we have two in Rondon and Osuna, and others who can close in Pressley and even McCullers.

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Baseball......not even close.

Also moving the needle towards baseball for me is because Ron Darling is the color-guy... To me he sounds like the actor Danny Aeillo. lol

Jason Witten could take some pointers from Darling... Not sounding like Danny Aeillo of course but his approach to adding color commentary. He always sounds in control. Witten sounds like he has too many teeth in his mouth and is in a rush to say it.

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Better by far. W/ Cole and Rondon and Osuna and Pressley, we now have what is in the running for the best pitching staff in baseball.

Last year we had no closer. This year we have two in Rondon and Osuna, and others who can close in Pressley and even McCullers.

This year the offense let them down... But now the offense seems to be clicking at the 2017 level.

kskboys

Reaction score
This year the offense let them down... But now the offense seems to be clicking at the 2017 level.
They got hot at the right time again.

Esp Bregs, who had been in a mini slump toward the end of the season. Springer had been real off and on, Correa wasn't hitting at all, and Marwin had an off year. Marwin is now on fire. I was glad to see Hinch not afraid to move him up to 5th in the lineup.

Trouty

Kellen Moore baby
Reaction score
Machado with another homer for the Dodgers. 3 hits this series, 2 homers. Braves put up some fight, but the Dodgers are legit. Especially if Kershaw keeps pitching like he did game 1. Kudos to the Braves, no one expected them to be in the NLDS this year... they're young and good.

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Machado with another homer for the Dodgers. 3 hits this series, 2 homers. Braves put up some fight, but the Dodgers are legit. Especially if Kershaw keeps pitching like he did game 1. Kudos to the Braves, no one expected them to be in the NLDS this year... they're young and good.

Yep, the Braves will be there for quite a while.