Capologist
Reaction score
Welcome Back

After a fast start this offseason was brutally slow

They need a Spring Training camp for the FAs that haven't signed yet

Trouty

Kellen Moore baby
Reaction score
Ohtani’s elbow is coming along nicely. He showed off at the Ed the other day. Our front office is saying they are down to two pitching rotations, but won’t be specific. Our local beat writer at LA Times specifically asked if 6-man is in play, and he didn’t deny it. 6-man seems most logical if Shohei is DHing.

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Ohtani’s elbow is coming along nicely. He showed off at the Ed the other day. Our front office is saying they are down to two pitching rotations, but won’t be specific. Our local beat writer at LA Times specifically asked if 6-man is in play, and he didn’t deny it. 6-man seems most logical if Shohei is DHing.

I remember when 4-man rotations was the norm. Someone like Steve Carlton or Jim Palmer or Nolan Ryan or Tom Seaver would be out there for 40 starts a season.

sulu1701

Reaction score
I remember when 4-man rotations was the norm. Someone like Steve Carlton or Jim Palmer or Nolan Ryan or Tom Seaver would be out there for 40 starts a season.
Yes, Palmer, Mcnally, Cuellar, and Dobson accounted for half of Baltimores wins in 71, something you will never see again, in fact in this day and age I suspect it will be harder if not impossible to get 300 wins, these days you have a lot of guys that can throw, but few that can pitch

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Yes, Palmer, Mcnally, Cuellar, and Dobson accounted for half of Baltimores wins in 71, something you will never see again, in fact in this day and age I suspect it will be harder if not impossible to get 300 wins, these days you have a lot of guys that can throw, but few that can pitch

A 6 man rotation makes my head spin...

Pitchers are already claiming about half a roster and then you're putting a 6th starter out there who probably isn't very good and is going to need even more bull-pen help.

Nightman

Capologist
Reaction score
A 6 man rotation makes my head spin...

Pitchers are already claiming about half a roster and then you're putting a 6th starter out there who probably isn't very good and is going to need even more bull-pen help.
and a 7 man Bullpen

that leaves 3 bench players and one of those has to be a Catcher

It is crazy roster management

Nightman

Capologist
Reaction score
Just watched NYY batting practice on ESPNNews

Stanton, Judge, Sanchez and Ellsbury hitting dingers.......yeah!!!!!!!

Trouty

Kellen Moore baby
Reaction score

Nightman

Capologist
Reaction score
NYY sign Neil Walker-2b and trade for Brandon Drury-3b

Puts off relying on rookies M Andujar-3b and number one prospect Gleybar Torres-2b

Yanks are still 17m under the Lux Tax and look really strong this year

Nightman

Capologist
Reaction score
Mike, we agreed that if he showed #2 stuff, it's a win for the Halos. :)

If he hits, all the better! He was showing better as a hitter early on in ST, but he's fallen off. We still have too many holes in the lineup. Ohtani wasn't fixing it. Machado will next year :)
Ohtani's contract is a gift.....anything in Majors is a win

Not worried about his Pitching at all

ps- did you see Trout is going with the face mask after getting hit again?

FloridaRob

Reaction score
Cespedes is having trouble with his wrist. I doubt he plays the whole year.

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
altuve just got paid. 5ys $151 million.

The contract surprised me... I figured the Astros would let him walk after next season due to the cost to keep him.

But it's good news that ownership made the commitment.

One can look at it as a 7 year-$162 mil deal. $23 mil per year is low amount for a player of his production.

And the contract ends when Altuve is 34 so it's not like the Astros are going to be stuck with the guy until he's 40 like other teams have done.