Twitter: MM on whether Nolan will return

blueblood70

Reaction score
Just fire him already.......I hate when they so much time talking about some of their decisions. Just do it, or don't it, and make the announcement. That's all we wanna hear....lol. Way too much drama....

its a business , a corporate environment, and real people and their families all effected, you dont just make those decisions without meetings and discussions which include contract etc..far more to it then your madden/FB/and online games bro..

jeez they did this with garrets firing, everyone said it wouldn't happen and it finally did, this is bit different as the contract is new but man the season hasn't truly ended and league year not yet officially started..

a lot will go into these discussions and they have right to run it like business nota freaking fan poll!

SMH:facepalm::thumbdown:

Cowboyny

Reaction score
Just fire him already.......I hate when they so much time talking about some of their decisions. Just do it, or don't it, and make the announcement. That's all we wanna hear....lol. Way too much drama....

This suggests that they are having their year-end review, that everything is on the table to improve this team from a coaching standpoint. Pretty sure MM, is going to go to bat for his handpicked DC, but the decision will be a collective one for all people involved: Jerry, Stephen, MM, McClay, etc. I don't think it's a slam dunk Nolan gets fired, but it's pointing in that direction.

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
its a business , a corporate environment, and real people and their families all effected, you dont just make those decisions without meetings and discussions which include contract etc..far more to it then your madden/FB/and online games bro..

jeez they did this with garrets firing, everyone said it wouldn't happen and it finally did, this is bit different as the contract is new but man the season hasn't truly ended and league year not yet officially started..

a lot will go into these discussions and they have right to run it like business nota freaking fan poll!

SMH:facepalm::thumbdown:

Alright Blood, it you say so (LOL)

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
This suggests that they are having their year-end review, that everything is on the table to improve this team from a coaching standpoint. Pretty sure MM, is going to go to bat for his handpicked DC, but the decision will be a collective one for all people involved: Jerry, Stephen, MM, McClay, etc. I don't think it's a slam dunk Nolan gets fired, but it's pointing in that direction.

IDK......he's under contract. If you KNOW he's coming back, how hard is the to just say it and shut down all the speculations/rumors. Hell, even Nolan wasn't sure he'd be back a couple of games before the season ended. Sure sounds to me like they're considering other options but availability may be an issue.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

You have to remember that McCarthy didn't call a press conference to talk about this, or even bring up the subject himself. He was doing an interview and asked a question.

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score

As opposed to the "drama" of fans wanting to fire coaches and cut players in September? :muttley:

Some of you folks really want blood. The truth is the defense improved a lot over the season, as players actually began to understand it. The real issue is needing better players, no matter who is coaching them. The talent-level on defense has been greatly exaggerated.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Why are people in a rush? What's the difference between firing him yesterday and firing him next week?

It's not like they can't evaluate other candidates at the same time.
Exactly. And who knows, they might be looking at someone coaching on a team in the playoffs and can't talk to him now anyway.