Twitter: MM on whether Nolan will return

fivetwos

Reaction score
Mike will tell you all what "decisions" he has made after Jerry has told Mike what his decisions are.

You guys new here?
Correct.

Jerry has to figure out if he can sell no change to the fans. Thats the only delay.

fivetwos

Reaction score
As opposed to the "drama" of fans wanting to fire coaches and cut players in September? :muttley:

Some of you folks really want blood. The truth is the defense improved a lot over the season, as players actually began to understand it. The real issue is needing better players, no matter who is coaching them. The talent-level on defense has been greatly exaggerated.
It definitely improved, although they still didn't have the players to run it.

I'm just not convinced Nolan is the right guy to build around....although I won't go losing my mind if he stays.

Cowboyny

Reaction score
IDK......he's under contract. If you KNOW he's coming back, how hard is the to just say it and shut down all the speculations/rumors. Hell, even Nolan wasn't sure he'd be back a couple of games before the season ended. Sure sounds to me like they're considering other options but availability may be an issue.

I really don't think a decision has been made as of yet. It is possible they could have an eye on a DC in the postseason, but if they don't want Nolan to return, it's best to fire him now and start interviewing candidates. They are going to have to get a plan in place as soon as possible as it would effect what type of players they are targeting in the off-season.

DenCWBY

Reaction score
Mike will tell you all what "decisions" he has made after Jerry has told Mike what his decisions are.

You guys new here?
Sadly this is true. There could be a slight exception since I think Nolan was one of MM boys but of course JJ will ultimately use Nolan as a sacrificial lamb taking the heat off the real issue (him and his son). MM first lesson to start fitting into the new circus regime.

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
I really don't think a decision has been made as of yet. It is possible they could have an eye on a DC in the postseason, but if they don't want Nolan to return, it's best to fire him now and start interviewing candidates. They are going to have to get a plan in place as soon as possible as it would effect what type of players they are targeting in the off-season.

True.....

The Quest for Six

Reaction score
Why are people in a rush? What's the difference between firing him yesterday and firing him next week?

It's not like they can't evaluate other candidates at the same time.
Because the longer this charade goes on, the higher the chances Nolan will return....and the way Jerry thinks, we were one game away from the playoffs and if he can't get the guy he would like as the defensive coordinator, he'll think why not give Nolan another chance!

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
From the fans point of view they just want Nolan gone now. It brings peace of mind there will be a change.
As for the team waiting for a certain prospect to become available, that may not be true. Why should it matter. You fire a coach, it does not mean you replace him right away.

Yes you would want one for the players moving forward to get on board. However there is no contact for this for a long while anyway.

I say get it done, and if it takes 3 weeks to get your guy, then it does.

baltcowboy

Reaction score
Just fire him already.......I hate when they so much time talking about some of their decisions. Just do it, or don't it, and make the announcement. That's all we wanna hear....lol. Way too much drama....

In defense of Nolan he seemed to develop Diggs, Gregory, and Wilson in his defensive system. We also started to force a bunch of turnovers at the end of the season. Besides those three players and Tank we had no real talent. I liked Nolan better then Rod.

cern

Reaction score
if your mind is made up to release him, do it. give him more time to seek other employment. give yourself time to start coming up with a list of candidates to replace him. he who hesitates is lost.

DallasDomination

Reaction score
MM is one annoying coach. At least Garrett threw the challenge flag with authority and perfect form.. MM literally just stands there. I don’t even know what he does.