Twitter: MM on whether Nolan will return

Motorola

Reaction score
Yesterday I posted on a previous 'Fire Nolan' thread that the DC would leave the position on his own, stating that he's accepting a "great opportunity elsewhere" (college, the media, etc.)

Ring6

StarSchema
Reaction score
I'm putting this name in the hat if Nolan's fired.......

Arron Glenn.....current Saints DB coach but former Cowboy player under Parcell

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aaron_Glenn

Glenn would be interesting to look into yes.

Here's my post from draft zone that includes a few others that are interesting...

a few wildcards:

DeMeco Ryans
Teryl Austin
Clark Lea
Pat Fitzgerald
Aaron Glenn
Eric Washington

basel90

Reaction score
Just fire him already.......I hate when they so much time talking about some of their decisions. Just do it, or don't it, and make the announcement. That's all we wanna hear....lol. Way too much drama....

this mean nolan is out . pure and simple. This is how jerry operates. after a bad season , if he still likes the coach or is too reluctant to fire him becasue of pride, he fires an assistant as a half way solution. MM so far has been exposed as a yes man to jerry . But the bad part is that MM seems to be overwhelmed by the job and is not respected by players or assistant coaches. This is why Kellen Moore was retained as a future replacement once MM is out.

baltcowboy

Reaction score
As opposed to the "drama" of fans wanting to fire coaches and cut players in September? :muttley:

Some of you folks really want blood. The truth is the defense improved a lot over the season, as players actually began to understand it. The real issue is needing better players, no matter who is coaching them. The talent-level on defense has been greatly exaggerated.
The masses demand a sacrifice!!!!!!

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
One minute we're happy over McC hiring his own coaches and the next, upset he's not firing one fast enough.

If we're going to give McC a break because of the odd circumstances of this season, that should extend to his coaches and give this guy an offseason, camp and most off all some better players. FA was a waste, the draft was iffy and he was installing a new system. And they were not a good D the previous season and lost their 2 most effective players.

One thing I saw was his system is too complicated for these players. Is there one simple enough for them? It is the coaches job to put his players in their best position to succeed but the players have a part in that as well and I saw some, particularly the back 7, not doing their part. I do not think any DC has a play in his repertoire that calls for the defender to get caught flat footed, frozen and looking into the backfield.

I wasn't in favor of Nolan but now that he is here, he deserves another year and I am tired of all of the shade falling on coaches and not the players.

Wasn't that long ago, the ineptitude of the team was all on Garrett and Marinelli. They weren't maxing the talent. Might some have overestimated the talent of the talent?

Sydla

Reaction score
its a business , a corporate environment, and real people and their families all effected, you dont just make those decisions without meetings and discussions which include contract etc..far more to it then your madden/FB/and online games bro..

jeez they did this with garrets firing, everyone said it wouldn't happen and it finally did, this is bit different as the contract is new but man the season hasn't truly ended and league year not yet officially started..

a lot will go into these discussions and they have right to run it like business nota freaking fan poll!

SMH:facepalm::thumbdown:

They technically never fired Garrett. Being the loyal schmuck Jerry can be at times, he let the contract "expire" so he didn't have to technically fire his buddy. And because of that he may have missed out on some better coaching options he could have interviewed.

Brax

Reaction score
Just fire him already.......I hate when they so much time talking about some of their decisions. Just do it, or don't it, and make the announcement. That's all we wanna hear....lol. Way too much drama....

It's a process !!!!!

Sydla

Reaction score
If you are even contemplating getting rid of him, frankly, the decision has already been made for you.

And some of the same responses in this thread, "Hey, why do they have to do it right away?" were the exact same responses when Jerry sat on Garrett's decision for WEEKS.

ESisback

Reaction score
As opposed to the "drama" of fans wanting to fire coaches and cut players in September? :muttley:

Some of you folks really want blood. The truth is the defense improved a lot over the season, as players actually began to understand it. The real issue is needing better players, no matter who is coaching them. The talent-level on defense has been greatly exaggerated.

I agree, but I’m still torn. What kinda tilts it for me is Nolan’s overall record as a DC. Not great.

Sarge

Red, White and Brew...
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
If you’re keeping him, there is nothing to “work on.” Bye bye.

EJK24

Reaction score
Maybe going after Martindale or Spags?

Would it be possible to interview those guys being that it's a lateral move?

I thought they had to interview for a better position if they were going to leave? Or MM would have to make them an Assistant head coach as well in order to justify the position if I'm not mistaken.

Hopefully I'm wrong.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
th

DandyDon52

Reaction score

mm is waiting for jones boys decision lol and now it is decided.