MMQB (Breer) - NFL Draft Rumors Start in Cleveland, Where No. 1 Overall Pick is No Sure Thing

Sydla

Reaction score
Mayfield was practically begging to be a Brown. Why not draft Chubb at 1 then come back at 4 and draft your QB? personally, I WOULD DRAFT MAYFIELD.But if Cleveland really wants Allen...then draft him at 4.

Do you think Mayfield is a transcendent player?

Rayman70

Reaction score
Do you think Mayfield is a transcendent player?
Yes and No...I know where your going with this lol...but listen..in the Browns case,he would be a transcendent player. Reason being,he is tons better than any other QB currently on their roster,and he does make that team much better. Is he an elite QB? I doubt it seriously...but he is a gamer..and battle tested..brings the attitude you want to a bad Browns team. He expects excellence from his teammates...its his swag and attitude that's a great fit. Again..I personally think all these QB'S are round 2-3 guys if we are being honest. But Mayfield is the best of the worst.

Sydla

Reaction score
Yes and No...I know where your going with this lol...but listen..in the Browns case,he would be a transcendent player. Reason being,he is tons better than any other QB currently on their roster,and he does make that team much better. Is he an elite QB? I doubt it seriously...but he is a gamer..and battle tested..brings the attitude you want to a bad Browns team. He expects excellence from his teammates...its his swag and attitude that's a great fit. Again..I personally think all these QB'S are round 2-3 guys if we are being honest. But Mayfield is the best of the worst.

Yeah I can't use a high pick on a QB just because he might be better than any QB they have on the roster.

That seems like some weird logic there. You take a QB if you think he's worth a Top 5 pick, not because he's just better than the slop you have on the roster already.

Aven8

Reaction score
You gotta be careful though when looking at records and the like. These UCLA teams were poorly coached. Its a concern but Mora really had issues there at UCLA.

He has all the tools just like Allen does, but that winning mentality is missing. I prefer my QB to be a winner. Goff, Wentz, Watson, and Dak all won in college and it's no secret that they have done the same in the pros so far.

Rayman70

Reaction score
Yeah I can't use a high pick on a QB just because he might be better than any QB they have on the roster.

That seems like some weird logic there. You take a QB if you think he's worth a Top 5 pick, not because he's just better than the slop you have on the roster already.
I'm with you..believe that,but you need to put on the GM hat for 1 second and your the Browns GM...you been void of a decent QB for like 20 years plus..so in THIS case..they will likely overdraft a guy grossly..like Mayfield or Allen. I personally don't think any of these dogs at QB belong in the first round.In fact,round 2 is really pushin it for me. Just my op.

Rayman70

Reaction score

again..we sorta agree..but you must realize we are talkin about the Browns. lol

Sydla

Reaction score
He has all the tools just like Allen does, but that winning mentality is missing. I prefer my QB to be a winner. Goff, Wentz, Watson, and Dak all won in college and it's no secret that they have done the same in the pros so far.

Goff was 14-23 in college at Cal. He only had one winning season at Cal. Only difference is Goff's winning season came his last year, Rosen's came his frosh year.

Johnny23

Reaction score
Goff was a loser. Cal was God awful and his last yr in Berkley they were 7-6 after going losing tons of games his first two seasons. Goff is like Elway loser in college now looks like a winner.

2013: 1-11
2014: 5-7
2015: 7-6

13-24 as a starter. Straight up stat collecting loser.

blueblood70

Reaction score
if im Cleveland i take Barkley at 1 and Mayfield/allen at 4 whoevers left..they should do the opposite of what they've done for 10years..

Allens issue is they see him as possibly being Wentz as wentz was no lock either coming fromsmall school but they took the risk and it paid off..Clev realizes they passed twice on risk guys who made it and with Allens size and tools they are seeing a chance to not make the same mistake and some or really the majority of scouts are saying Allen played with a bad core of wrs and line and has a lot of upside with a team willing to put talent around him..imagine Barkly and duke back there, Landry/Gordon outside and great dfense? they could possibly bring this kid up slowly with a ball control offense and a great defense but when needed to very capable WRs that one can take the top off adefense and the other always there for the underneath easy catch..

i can see what they are thinking regardless if Allen could be the next bust ala Ryan Leaf or ALL of Clevelands drafted qbs lol

Rayman70

Reaction score
if im Cleveland i take Barkley at 1 and Mayfield/allen at 4 whoevers left..they should do the opposite of what they've done for 10years..

Allens issue is they see him as possibly being Wentz as wentz was no lock either coming fromsmall school but they took the risk and it paid off..Clev realizes they passed twice on risk guys who made it and with Allens size and tools they are seeing a chance to not make the same mistake and some or really the majority of scouts are saying Allen played with a bad core of wrs and line and has a lot of upside with a team willing to put talent around him..imagine Barkly and duke back there, Landry/Gordon outside and great dfense? they could possibly bring this kid up slowly with a ball control offense and a great defense but when needed to very capable WRs that one can take the top off adefense and the other always there for the underneath easy catch..

i can see what they are thinking regardless if Allen could be the next bust ala Ryan Leaf or ALL of Clevelands drafted qbs lol
I like the idea of Barkley at 1 and Mayfield at 4 the best. I said the same thing about a month ago. It makes the team better immediately and they can compete.If they draft Allen,they wont be able to hit 8-8. He is too raw.

Rayman70

Reaction score
Chubb at 1 is also a possibility..but not likely because they already have a ton invested at DE from last years pick. Barkley just makes them better faster. It real high for a back,but he will be special.

blueblood70

Reaction score
I like the idea of Barkley at 1 and Mayfield at 4 the best. I said the same thing about a month ago. It makes the team better immediately and they can compete.If they draft Allen,they wont be able to hit 8-8. He is too raw.
0-16 to 8-8 would be a dream scenario for them bro :))

blueblood70

Reaction score
lol..yes I know..but I think they are aiming a little higher.
for sure but reality is they are going to be 7-9 or 8-8 regardless of who they take..maybe a few years from now they make the leap into 10-6 type or better..

ghst187

Reaction score
I can’t stand the guy but I think Mayfield is the best QB in this draft. Other guys have better tools but Mayfield was the only one that elevated his team.