MMQB: MM Needs to Find Answers Fast

MMObserver

Reaction score
Please visit more often as your past McCarthy GB data truly helped in proving my instinct that McCheese was a fraud and benefactor of coaching two 1st ballot HOF's who carried him.

I might hafta change it from McCheese to YesMan Mike.

I'll say this after observing Big Mac last night, I think he may know it is over for him in Big D and I don't say that lightly. I base this on his very different reaction to losing his staring QB back in 2017.

In 2017, after Aaron Rodgers went down with the team 4-1 (4-2 after the loss in the game Rodgers got injured in) and he was questioned, by the alway complacent, compliant, and non-confrontational Wisconsin press, Big Mac defiantly declared, “The quarterback room is exactly where it needs to be, OK?”

This was in reference to backup QB Brett Hundley and journeyman 3rd stringer Joe Callahan. No, seriously he said that. https://packerswire.usatoday.com/20...e-mccarthy-commits-to-hundley-callahan-at-qb/

Hundley then went out and proved that, without Rodgers at QB, Big Mac's offense had nothing to offer. (Cowboy fans may remember that the week before Rodgers' 2017 injury he led a memorable comeback that resulted in a 12 yard TD to Davante Adams with 11 seconds left in a 35-31 victory in Arlington. Without Rodgers, the Packers never scored 30 points in a game for the remainder of the 2017 season).

How bad was it after Rodgers' injury? So bad that the Packers got shut out ... twice ... at Lambeau. The team was not competitive and as the season wore on Big Mac increasingly began to alternate between looks of befuddlement and indifference on the sideline. Sound familiar?

The dwindling number of Big Mac backers among the Packer faithful were silenced after the 2017 post-Rodgers debacle and he was fired the following year during the season (something the uber-conservative Packer organization never does) despite having been the head coach when the team won the SB back in 2010.

Now, contrast that with Big Mac's reaction to learning about Dak's (non-season ending) injury last night, where he was visibly distraught and I think it is apparent he knows that his team (and likely his own job with the Cowboys) are ***.

Last edited:

BAT

Mr. Fixit
Reaction score
MM was quoted saying the issue was an execution problem, not play calling.

LOL

Guy is delusional. No accountability at all.

BAT

Mr. Fixit
Reaction score
To be fair, MM never really has a plan.

Even he knows that he's going to get punched in the face. Hard.

Gotta save those brain cells.

We all know he's got no plan to fix this. Just talk about it.

75boyz

Reaction score
I'll say this after observing Big Mac last night, I think he may know it is over for him in Big D and I don't say that lightly. I base this on his very different reaction to losing his staring QB back in 2017.

In 2017, after Aaron Rodgers went down with the team 4-1 (4-2 after the loss in the game Rodgers got injured in) and he was questioned, by the alway complacent, compliant, and non-confrontational Wisconsin press, Big Mac defiantly declared, “The quarterback room is exactly where it needs to be, OK?”

This was in reference to backup QB Brett Hundley and journeyman 3rd stringer Joe Callahan. No, seriously he said that. https://packerswire.usatoday.com/20...e-mccarthy-commits-to-hundley-callahan-at-qb/

Hundley then went out and proved that, without Rodgers at QB, Big Mac's offense had nothing to offer. (Cowboy fans may remember that the week before Rodgers' 2017 injury he led a memorable comeback that resulted in a 12 yard TD to Davante Adams with 11 seconds left in a 35-31 victory in Arlington. Without Rodgers, the Packers never scored 30 points in a game for the remainder of the 2017 season).

How bad was it after Rodgers' injury? So bad that the Packers got shut out ... twice ... at Lambeau. The team was not competitive and as the season wore on Big Mac increasingly began to alternate between looks of befuddlement and indifference on the sideline. Sound familiar?

The dwindling number of Big Mac backers among the Packer faithful were silenced after the 2017 post-Rodgers debacle and he was fired the following year during the season (something the uber-conservative Packer organization never does) despite having been the head coach when the team won the SB back in 2010.

Now, contrast that with Big Mac's reaction to learning about Dak's (non-season ending) injury last night, where he was visibly distraught and I think it is apparent he knows that his team (and likely his own job with the Cowboys) are ***.

Again, appreciate ya. There are a few here(even a couple of quite popular ones)that cling to some blatantly misinformed idea that this fraud is something he isn't because of that one ring and ignore how it actually was all Rodgers.

Reactions: BAT

cowboyed

Reaction score
You're assuming Jerry would have let that happen. I think Moore was forced on him.

Hey, you are entitled to think that but that also means you don't know for sure. I go with what McCarthy stated about Moore back when he was hired and as reported.

McCarthy liked Kellen, actually, took an interest in Kellen even before he became Cowboys head coach, constructively interviewed Kellen, and that it was his decision to retain him on his staff as the offensive coordinator. Just because that may have pleased the Joneses that doesn't mean he was force-fed Kellen. You know this dysfunctional ownership and executive mis-management can agree on some things with a newly hired head coach and vice-versa.
I don't believe McCarthy is a liar or that he has no backbone or was scared of losing his job before it even fully started.

Reactions: BAT

nobody

Reaction score
Hey, you are entitled to think that but that also means you don't know for sure. I go with what McCarthy stated about Moore back when he was hired and as reported.

McCarthy liked Kellen, actually, took an interest in Kellen even before he became Cowboys head coach, constructively interviewed Kellen, and that it was his decision to retain him on his staff as the offensive coordinator. Just because that may have pleased the Joneses that doesn't mean he was force-fed Kellen. You know this dysfunctional ownership and executive mis-management can agree on some things with a newly hired head coach and vice-versa.
I don't believe McCarthy is a liar or that he has no backbone or was scared of losing his job before it even fully started.

McCarthy is absolutely a liar and even admitted to lying during his interview with Jerry. So yeah, he was willing to do what it takes to get the job and keep it. It's not like Jerry hasn't pulled that stuff before.

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
He's sunk whether by FO or his own incompetence. The OL was not addressed. The WR core was not addressed. The back-up QB position was ignored in favor of our favorite default back-up QB. The team had an awful offseason adding no impactful talent and they came out and stunk it up.......... even with Dak at 100% health. I don't think these problems are fixable during the season. The talent base is just not there.

cowboyed

Reaction score
McCarthy is absolutely a liar and even admitted to lying during his interview with Jerry. So yeah, he was willing to do what it takes to get the job and keep it. It's not like Jerry hasn't pulled that stuff before.

Wow, in effect characterizizing McCarthy as a congenital liar over a lighthearted self-confession about exaggerating watching every snap of the Cowboys season in preparation for the head coach interview is really blowing things out of proportion. In the spirit of appreciation getting the job he was just keeping it real. It was a meaningless confession over a fib about really wanting the job and trying to impress the ownership. In reality he is being honest and it doesn't make him a liar in any deserving sense of the description.

It also doesn't make McCarthy susceptible to lying about Kellen Moore to conveniently fit your point of view. Also owners, general managers on teams do have a say so on who they want to retain and they work those things out with candidate head coaches they plan on hiring. This could all be a matter of Jerry, Stephen Jones and Mike McCarthy coming to mutual agreement and with McCarthy actually liking and being impressed with Kellen Moore.

nobody

Reaction score
Wow, in effect characterizizing McCarthy as a congenital liar over a lighthearted self-confession about exaggerating watching every snap of the Cowboys season in preparation for the head coach interview is really blowing things out of proportion. In the spirit of appreciation getting the job he was just keeping it real. It was a meaningless confession over a fib about really wanting the job and trying to impress the ownership. In reality he is being honest and it doesn't make him a liar in any deserving sense of the description.

It also doesn't make McCarthy susceptible to lying about Kellen Moore to conveniently fit your point of view. Also owners, general managers on teams do have a say so on who they want to retain and they work those things out with candidate head coaches they plan on hiring. This could all be a matter of Jerry, Stephen Jones and Mike McCarthy coming to mutual agreement and with McCarthy actually liking and being impressed with Kellen Moore.

It could be. I also didn't state it was fact that Jerry forced Moore on him, only that it was my opinion based on observation and history.

BAT

Mr. Fixit
Reaction score

Light hearted joking or not, that soundbite will haunt him forever.

His work ethic was a source of much consternation in GB as well.

McCarthy is a big talker, if not an outright liar, at the very least.

Trajan

Reaction score
McCarthy has a better chance of building a Time Machine, traveling 9 months ago and fixing all the issues then he does addressing the problems now. It doesn’t really work that major issues can be fixed on the fly, you kinda go with what you got, maybe add a vet floating out there or a practice squad player but they are few and have reasons they have not been signed.

Don’t feel too bad for the guy, he is making $4mil a year, so will just eat at Waffle House after this, not work there. He knew Jerry and Stephan have zero idea what they are doing and will blame him for all their crap decisions. I’d take the job for $4 million a year knowing it was a lose / lose situation, most people would I think.

doomsday808

Reaction score
If we dont beat the Giants in two weeks we will be 0-4. NO way do we beat Cincy or Eagles. We will see if these guys play for MM or not. This is going to get really really bad.
I agree with this. I think this weekend's game will be a tell tale sign if he has lost the locker room. If there is no effort on the field by the players to win, even if they lose. He won't make it to Green Bay game.

offlimits

Reaction score
Agree 100%........his future as a Cowboy HC could rest on the next 3-4 games. It is not all about losing but HOW we lose.

https://www.si.com/nfl/2022/09/12/dak-prescott-injury-turns-up-pressure-on-mike-mccarthy

Mike McCarthy Needs to Find Answers Fast
Dak Prescott’s injury calls for an injection of creativity from McCarthy and his coaching staff—for the sake of the Cowboys and of the coach.
Even before Jerry Jones told reporters that Dak Prescott will miss multiple weeks with a fractured joint in his thumb, the Cowboys were approaching the nascent stages of potential, gawk-worthy spectacle. The classic Cowboys stuff that we haven’t seen in years. The kind of thick, multilayered chaos that Jones used to live for.

No one likes to balloon a one-game sample size, but the Mike McCarthy era has already shed most of its convenient excuses. The Prescott injury in 2020, when he missed 11 games, bought time. The defensive coordinator change that following year, moving from Mike Nolan to Dan Quinn, bought time. It was all somewhat dismissable and couchable as the kind of growing pains a team must endure.

He was "coaching for his job" before the season started.

plasticman

Reaction score
I have the answers for MM

1. Use a real estate agent

2. Rent a U-Haul. Don't worry, you'll have plenty of free time to do it yourself

TwentyOne

Reaction score
Agree 100%........his future as a Cowboy HC could rest on the next 3-4 games. It is not all about losing but HOW we lose.

https://www.si.com/nfl/2022/09/12/dak-prescott-injury-turns-up-pressure-on-mike-mccarthy

Dak Prescott’s injury calls for an injection of creativity from McCarthy and his coaching staff—for the sake of the Cowboys and of the coach.
Even before Jerry Jones told reporters that Dak Prescott will miss multiple weeks with a fractured joint in his thumb, the Cowboys were approaching the nascent stages of potential, gawk-worthy spectacle. The classic Cowboys stuff that we haven’t seen in years. The kind of thick, multilayered chaos that Jones used to live for.

No one likes to balloon a one-game sample size, but the Mike McCarthy era has already shed most of its convenient excuses. The Prescott injury in 2020, when he missed 11 games, bought time. The defensive coordinator change that following year, moving from Mike Nolan to Dan Quinn, bought time. It was all somewhat dismissable and couchable as the kind of growing pains a team must endure.

The guy was done when he came here and accepted that Booger and Chuckles gave Dak that contract.
Seriously i never would have thought that a guy who knows how elite QB play looks like would accept this.

john van brocklin

Captain Comeback
Reaction score

He can't even touch the offense
How is he gonna help the team?
Dysfunction junction...

rnr_honeybadger

Reaction score
Guess what happens if we somehow go 0-4 or 5? But again, the problem with MM, is players show little or no fight or resilience.
Is that a McCarthy problem or it is a Dallas Cowboys problem? Because I recall that being an issue long before Mike McCarthy became coach.

cowboyed

Reaction score
It could be. I also didn't state it was fact that Jerry forced Moore on him, only that it was my opinion based on observation and history.
The way it read it and using words like absolutely made me think otherwise. But hey, we all have strong opinions and after an abysmal game performance like this past Sunday night we have a right to be disappointed. You seem like a reasonable poster, some people in the Cowboys organization really get to all of us in here.