MMQB picks teams to win the Super Bowl next 5 years

Reid1boys

Reaction score
I do not think the Cowboys will win one of the next 5 SBs either. Isn't that obvious? Look at this offseason and tell me what the Cowboys have done to make you think they are willing to put the peddle to the metal on building a championship team? They have to deal with 3 big contracts, and don't seem to be in any rush to do it. They sit on their hands in free agency. How does this develop into a Super Bowl?

It is going to take a major philosophical shift in Dallas and I don't see that happening while Jerry or Stephen are controlling things.
but yet they picked the Bills, Dolphins and Vikes to do so. lol

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
The Patriots dynasty clearly doesn't happen without Brady, but I wouldn't go to the extreme that Bill was some slouch. Brady's first year he averaged 189 yards per game, 18td/12int. Belichicks defense that only gave up 17ppg had a ton to do with that teams success. Plus in 2008 they won 11 games with Matt Cassel that year. The Patriots had some loaded rosters on those 2000s teams.
I never said Belichick was a slouch but he might have ended up being a slouch without Tom Brady. The point I’m making is he needed a great QB to have success. Without a great Hall of Fame QB he had a losing record. We can only speculate what it would have been like had Tom Brady never come along. The facts are it was a struggle for Belichick until Brady came along and it was a struggle for him after Brady left. His head coaching career went down the drain with Mac Jones. When Belichick didn’t have an all-time great QB, it wasn’t pretty. A lot of great Hall of Fame coaches had Hall of Fame QBs. Bill Parcells and Joe Gibbs are some of the only great coaches that had success and won championships without a Hall of Fame QB. Joe Gibbs won three Super Bowls with three different QBs and none of them are in the Hall of Fame. Belichick had the all-time greatest QB. He won 11 games with Matt Cassel in 2008 but that team probably goes undefeated again or loses no more than one game with Brady. That was a tremendous team coming off an undefeated regular season. That team should have never lost 5 games.