Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
Agree with this 100%..... three reasons
  • Parsons
  • Quinn
  • improved OL

https://www.si.com/nfl/2022/05/11/nfl-power-rankings-after-draft

9. Dallas Cowboys

The Cowboys, for now, are going to find themselves in this kind of water-treading position. They’re good enough to keep winning the NFC East for now. They’re not nearly good enough to make a deep run in the playoffs. Who knows whether that is ultimately good enough for this particular franchise, to perpetually make it to the postseason and then thrust themselves into a too-close game that gives their fan base the ability to blame losses on the officiating crew. All that said, Sam Williams probably has the best chance at helping this team go from good to great if he hits as a pass rusher. With Dan Quinn still in town, those chances are better.

Miller

ARTIST FORMERLY KNOWN AS TEXASFROG
Reaction score
I disagree! 9 seems high to me. Btw I don’t mean this in a negative way. I like us in the East. I just think we lost a lot in the off-season and we are replacing them with rookies and cheaper FAs. It may work out great….I hope. I just see us as more of an 12-13 ranked team right now with question marks swirling. As we get through camp I’ll reevaluate.

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
Keep in mind, this time last year, Dan Quinn was trying to find different offices around the Star. In other words, he now has a much better feel for each player's strengths and weaknesses. I'm expecting a strong top 10 D, closer to top 5.

Creeper

Reaction score
Didn't the rank the Cowboys in the 20s last year at the start of the season? These ratings are always way off for a lot of teams. After 3 games everything will change.

I wonder if Brady will be thinking about his $375 million future contract while he is dropping back to throw a pass.

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
Improved OL? How? You replaced Collins with a JAG, you have a rookie starting at LG and Tyron Smith is a year older.

Oh yeah, and the OL coach is still here.

This seems like a Go Cowboys! situation.

Bingo! Steele may not have Collins's talent as an RT but I'm 100 confident he's a better player. Just removing CW and his penalties alone improves the OL (lol).

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Dan Quinn had great timing following up an all time worst defensive performance in the year we lucked into Micah.

He's a good defensive coordinator. Maybe even a very good one. He's not a magician. He doesn't fix whatever ails you by his mere presence.

They won't be a top 5 defense because they don't have the talent to be. That defensive line is far from good enough.

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
Didn't the rank the Cowboys in the 20s last year at the start of the season? These ratings are always way off for a lot of teams. After 3 games everything will change.

I wonder if Brady will be thinking about his $375 million future contract while he is dropping back to throw a pass.

+1 ....I was telling a partner if it was me, if I'm the Bucs, I'm calling the Browns and trade for Mayfield ( if they pay his salary ). With this contract, it's obvious Tom is looking out for Tom. Wonder how it's going over with his teammates....

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
Dropping Conner Williams doesn't improve the LG position? Same with Collins at RT, he made himself unavailable too often

Sydla

Reaction score
Yeah that's a reach about an improved OL.

Until Steele proves he can do this for more than a season and Smith proves he can play LG, it's as likely this OL will be worse than it will be better.

DFWJC

Reaction score
Here is the order. fwiw
  1. Chiefs
  2. Bucs
  3. Packers
  4. Rams
  5. Bills
  6. Bengals
  7. Chargers
  8. Ravens
  9. Cowboys
  10. Broncos
  11. Colts
  12. Pats
  13. Titans
  14. 49ers
  15. Eagles
  16. Raiders
  17. Saints
  18. Cards
  19. Steelers
  20. Browns
  21. Dolphins
  22. Vikings
  23. Commanders
  24. Lions
  25. Jets
  26. Giants
  27. Texans
  28. Jags
  29. Seahawks
  30. Falcons
  31. Panthers
  32. Bears

Sydla

Reaction score
Dropping Conner Williams doesn't improve the LG position? Same with Collins at RT, he made himself unavailable too often

If I dropped Williams and replaced him with, literally, a warm bag of oatmeal, would that be an improvement? Of course not.

People are only looking at one half of the issue here. Yes, we needed to improve the LG spot. Cutting Williams loose made sense. He wasn't good enough.

BBBBBBBBBBBBUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT............................. we have no idea if Smith can be a high caliber LG in the NFL. He's never taken a snap in this league.

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
Dan Quinn had great timing following up an all time worst defensive performance in the year we lucked into Micah.

He's a good defensive coordinator. Maybe even a very good one. He's not a magician. He doesn't fix whatever ails you by his mere presence.

They won't be a top 5 defense because they don't have the talent to be. That defensive line is far from good enough.

Didn't say top 5......I knew better (lol)

We lost one starter in Gregory, and had not one, but TWO defensive players for DPOY voting. Our defensive talent is fine IMO.......the key is Quinn putting them in a position of strength.

Haimerej

Reaction score
Here is the order. fwiw
  1. Chiefs
  2. Bucs
  3. Packers
  4. Rams
  5. Bills
  6. Bengals
  7. Chargers
  8. Ravens
  9. Cowboys
  10. Broncos
  11. Colts
  12. Pats
  13. Titans
  14. 49ers
  15. Eagles
  16. Raiders
  17. Saints
  18. Cards
  19. Steelers
  20. Browns
  21. Dolphins
  22. Vikings
  23. Commanders
  24. Lions
  25. Jets
  26. Giants
  27. Texans
  28. Jags
  29. Seahawks
  30. Falcons
  31. Panthers
  32. Bears

Who here thinks DAL could stop TEN's running game? Cowboys ranked above 4 teams who beat them last year. I'm starting to believe DAL fans are by far the most gullible fans in sports.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
If I dropped Williams and replaced him with, literally, a warm bag of oatmeal, would that be an improvement? Of course not.

People are only looking at one half of the issue here. Yes, we needed to improve the LG spot. Cutting Williams loose made sense. He wasn't good enough.

BBBBBBBBBBBBUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT............................. we have no idea if Smith can be a high caliber LG in the NFL. He's never taken a snap in this league.
You're right, the near future is unknown. But we also may be surprised to learn the O line might be more consistent. Which is all I can hope for.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
Who here thinks DAL could stop TEN's running game? Cowboys ranked above 4 teams who beat them last year. I'm starting to believe DAL fans are by far the most gullible fans in sports.
When Henry is injured? Easily! :lmao2:

baltcowboy

Reaction score
Didn't say top 5......I knew better (lol)

We lost one starter in Gregory, and had not one, but TWO defensive players for DPOY voting. Our defensive talent is fine IMO.......the key is Quinn putting them in a position of strength.
Cowboys fans underestimate this defense. They shut down the 49ers in the second half as well. Gave Dak the ball back twice with a chance to win the game. The Cowboys will have a top 10 defense and a top 10 offense again.