MNF: Chiefs vs. Broncos

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
I've counted more motions used by KC in this first quarter than we've used all season
That is what Reid is doing now.

He is stealing from the college game. That is why a young QB like Mahomes looks like a ten year veteran.

He has changed since his time with the Eagles though.

Somehow he caught onto the idea that instead of expecting players from the college systems to come to you, he, along with Brad Childress and others, decided to backwards engineer their offenses to one's like in college when they started over in KC.

That was extremely revolutionary IMO.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
College schemes do not last long in the NFL. They never have. So I doubt it will change.
I won’t say it never will, because how would I really know that.

But none have lasted yet. They make look good for a year or so, but that is about it.

Floatyworm

The Labeled One
Reaction score
College schemes do not last long in the NFL. They never have. So I doubt it will change.

But none have lasted yet. They make look good for a year or so, but that is about it.

Look around the league...I thought the pistol offense was going to be a fad....Now that is the base offense for everybody. And It's forced defenses to adjust as well....the 4-3 is dead. It's 4-2-5 75% of the time.:rolleyes:

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Look around the league...I thought the pistol offense was going to be a fad....Now that is the base offense for everybody. And It's forced defenses to adjust as well....the 4-3 is dead. It's 4-2-5 75% of the time.:rolleyes:

Give it time.
But it sticks for now and if it sticks around because the college game has changed the QB so much, they do not have very many system that run a true offense. So of course it will change somewhat.

It is like a hamburger. Once there were some rally good hamburgers out there. Bit with a McDonalds on every corner now. People are forced to eat crap burgers instead.

Keep feeding people crap, and soon they learn to like it.
:lmao:

gmoney112

Reaction score

How long has West Coast been around? This west coast-spread that attacks, targets certain weaknesses, and uses a lot of misdirection isn't going anywhere, it's just an evolution of the game.