MNF: Cleveland@Washington

ScipioCowboy

More than meets the eye.
Reaction score
Even with all the absurd, ticky-tacky holding penalties, the Commanders still have yet to score. Neither the Commanders nor the Giants have looked particularly impressive this preseason.

Floatyworm

The Labeled One
Reaction score
I seem to remember you not liking Winn coming out of school...you called him overrated if I remember correctly

What????? Billy Winn was the glue to the BSU line. They have been searching for his replacement ever since he was drafted. I was disappointed in his combine performance...thought he'd put up better #'s.....But turn on the lights...all the guy does is hold his ground and make stops. I'll take it.:D

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
Even with all the absurd, ticky-tacky holding penalties, the Commanders still have yet to score. Neither the Commanders nor the Giants have looked particularly impressive this preseason.

The Giants especially.

I said it a few weeks ago that I expected Eli Manning to struggle and he clearly has.

Fla Cowpoke

Reaction score
What????? Billy Winn was the glue to the BSU line. They have been searching for his replacement ever since he was drafted. I was disappointed in his combine performance...thought he'd put up better #'s.....But turn on the lights...all the guy does is hold his ground and make stops. I'll take it.:D

Maybe I am misremembering...and I know you liked him as a college player, but I thought you didn't think he would make a good NFL player. Measureables weren't there and seemed like maybe a guy without a set spot.

Doesn't matter though...he is listed as first string....somehow don't think they will take Randle for him.

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
Maybe. The Commanders D does not impress me.

Exactly ....... and Dez, Romo, and Witten can score on anyone in the league.

Anybody who acts like the Boys are not the equal to anyone else in the NFCEast are just allowing their dislike of our front office (in which I completely understand) to influence their choice.

I think we have a good shot to win the NFCeast ....... now if we could just get a decent GM ,instead of one who spends all his time aggrandising his ego, we would have a shot at a Superbowl.

tantrix1969

Reaction score
Funny how people don't have a problem if he is our starter if Murray goes down....yet he has no trade value????
Not everyone is fine with him as our backup, I've seen quite a few here that are in favor of keeping Williams over him me included.

PA Cowboy Fan

Reaction score

Anybody who acts like the Boys are not the equal to anyone else in the NFCEast are just allowing their dislike of our front office (in which I completely understand) to influence their choice.

I think we have a good shot to win the NFCeast ....... now if we could just get a decent GM ,instead of one who spends all his time aggrandising his ego, we would have a shot at a Superbowl.

The only good shot we have is because the division is so bad. Let's see if we can cash in this year.

ScipioCowboy

More than meets the eye.
Reaction score

Foles has looked a bit pedestrian this preseason. I think he may come back to earth this year.

DFWJC

Reaction score
Been hearing rumblings this offseason that Cousins has looked better than RG3.
So far, that has been confirmed.:D

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
That ankle bite on Manziel drew 15?

He has already surpassed Romo on the referee sympathy scale.

coach steele

Reaction score
Manziel looks terrible.

As he looks right now, I take Martin over him every day and twice on Sunday! I get everyone paranoid about Romo's back. Manziel was never the answer though. He is not fast, quick but not fast (ran 4.68 in 40 though good is not RG3 or Michael Vick numbers). He is small. Only had two years of experience in college. Entitled partier. Not a CEO.

Instead we strengthened our line. Something we needed to do three years ago.