MNF Game Day Thread

Zman5

Reaction score
I didn’t watch the game. Just saw the highlight. Correct me if I’m wrong. Washington was up 8 points with 2 mins left in their own red zone. Instead of kicking to go up 11 with 2 mins left, they went for it on 4th and 3? Is that correct? That’s the worst decision I’ve ever heard. I can’t even understand that. Washington would be up two scores either way.

Rivera had to keep up his "Riverboat Ron" reputation. That was a head scratcher for sure. Especially when Seattle wasn't doing anything on offense all game.

TheCoolFan

Reaction score
That would have been like a 20 yard FG for Washington...I think even a punter and backup holder should be able to execute that. If not, the rare drop kick could have been an option with the punter too.

Hadenough

Reaction score
Only watched the first quarter but WFT is looking pesky. They are playing keep away by putting together a long drive converting 3rd downs and running the ball. Their QB is nothing special but he is getting the job done. Their defense looks better without their top pass rushers.

khiladi

Reaction score
Remember when some mediot on ESPN suggested the Cowboys trade Dak and two first round picks for Russ? Good times. Russ seems to have lost a little of his luster.

Finger surgery on his throwing hand about 2 months ago.. coming back early, by getting the pin removed in half the time it was expected and a brand new, inexperienced OC, who never called plays in his life. That’s probably got something to do with it.

DFWJC

Reaction score
I didn’t watch the game. Just saw the highlight. Correct me if I’m wrong. Washington was up 8 points with 2 mins left in their own red zone. Instead of kicking to go up 11 with 2 mins left, they went for it on 4th and 3? Is that correct? That’s the worst decision I’ve ever heard. I can’t even understand that. Washington would be up two scores either way.
Kicking team problems

Ravens had already blocked and returned a kick earlier…..

baltcowboy

Reaction score
Finger surgery on his throwing hand about 2 months ago.. coming back early, by getting the pin removed in half the time it was expected and a brand new, inexperienced OC, who never called plays in his life. That’s probably got something to do with it.
He is injured no doubt but he has not played well in big games against the Rodgers types and better teams in the playoffs the last four years. Good quarterback but to me he sounds like an older version of Dak.

khiladi

Reaction score
He is injured no doubt but he has not played well in big games against the Rodgers types and better teams in the playoffs the last four years. Good quarterback but to me he sounds like an older version of Dak.

I agree in he’s ‘over-rated”. I’ve never considered him ‘elite’. He’s been bailed out multiple times by the LOB defense, but it’s just not the same circumstance with him. He’s actually had to carry weak rosters and horrible play callers for years.

But he’s definitely no Dak and his release, mechanics and accuracy. The latter is way better than Dak, plus often times you can see how often RW has to go through progressions.

Carson

Reaction score
That would have been like a 20 yard FG for Washington...I think even a punter and backup holder should be able to execute that. If not, the rare drop kick could have been an option with the punter too.
Problem is, Way is a lefty and also the holder. So the backup holder would of had to hold opposite of what is normal.

Seattle had 5 first downs the entire game going into the last drive. Seattle also had blocked an XP for a score. Wasn’t worth the risk

Flamma

Reaction score

I think their starting kicker was injured. Washington was down 7-3 and got a TD putting them up 9-7. The extra point was blocked and returned for 2 points making it 9-9. That did it. He wasn't kicking extra points or FGs for the rest of the game no matter what. Even before the play you're referring to, they had a 4th down at around the 20 and elected to go for it.

Flamma

Reaction score
Problem is, Way is a lefty and also the holder. So the backup holder would of had to hold opposite of what is normal.

Seattle had 5 first downs the entire game going into the last drive. Seattle also had blocked an XP for a score. Wasn’t worth the risk

Good catch, I didn't realize that. Now not kicking it from that close makes a lot more sense.