MNF: Patriots at Bills

DFWJC

Reaction score
Game of inches, as they say.

The short FG in the howling wind misses by inches....which would've made it 13-14.
Instead, it stays 10-14.
Then the Bills drove all the down again the next time into short FG range but had to go for the TD.
Those inches off on the first FG were the difference in the game.

Josh Allen missed some reads though. He had Beasley for the win on that last play, but easy to say from my sofa.
:laugh:

Mark

Reaction score
It's not like that decision cost them the game, so I see nothing wrong with it.

Were we watching the same game...the one with the Bills down four points in the red zone at the end? After an incredibly dumb decision not to attempt to even things up in the first half, in a game where points were going to be hard to come by?

Decisions have consequences, and the Bills paid dearly for theirs...perhaps losing a spot in the playoffs.

That crazy decision of the Bills early to play from behind against their arch rival dictated everything the rest of the way. And they got their just desserts.

Romo_To_Dez

Reaction score
It would have crashed

With a countless mentions about how much Dak is getting paid and how he should be able to overcome and find ways to win games no matter what, due to how much he is being paid. But somehow Josh Allen, who gets paid more than Dak, doesn't have his contract brought up or mentioned, every time the Bills lose a game or every time Josh Allen fails to do enough to win a game or when he has a subpar game.

Buzzbait

Reaction score
Could Belichick have given Dallas the blueprint tonight to win with Prescott?

With our running game? Our OL would have to change their present ways. Plus KM only knows one running play when Zeke is in there....straight up the middle into a brick wall. 2yds, a cloud of dust, and a punt.

GMO415

Reaction score
So NE just proved you can win an NFL game throwing the ball just twice. That win over a QB less Saints is looking pretty damn good now.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
Were we watching the same game...the one with the Bills down four points in the red zone at the end? After an incredibly dumb decision not to attempt to even things up in the first half, in a game where points were going to be hard to come by?

Decisions have consequences, and the Bills paid dearly for theirs...perhaps losing a spot in the playoffs.

That crazy decision of the Bills early to play from behind against their arch rival dictated everything the rest of the way. And they got their just desserts.
It was a two-point decision. The Bills lost by more than that. Drama Queen much?

MysteryIceGuro

Reaction score
So NE just proved you can win an NFL game throwing the ball just twice. That win over a QB less Saints is looking pretty damn good now.

Genuinely curious as to how that makes the Saints game look good? We let you 17 points to a backup gadget QB with a splint on his finger and struggled to run. The exact opposite of what the Patriots did in a harsh weather, hard to beat divisional game.

Mark

Reaction score
BB took another team to school. This one, for something like the 20th time.
It was a two-point decision. The Bills lost by more than that. Drama Queen much?

Drama? I have no strong feelings about either team (I'm a Cowboys fan.) Just applying some logic here. Had the Bills summoned the courage to hang with the Pats early, they could have gotten the game to OT at the end. They chickened-out, and found themselves behind four instead of three. I'm willing to listen to a reasonable defense of that strategy, should you wish to offer one?

DenCWBY

Reaction score
Amazing what Belichick has done this year.
This. I Really appreciate what BB brings to the NFL. Although most fans hate a game like that. I love great D and a relentless run game. BB just keeps fielding a great D, special teams and out coaches most opponents every Sunday.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
BB took another team to school. This one, for something like the 20th time.

Drama? I have no strong feelings about either team (I'm a Cowboys fan.) Just applying some logic here. Had the Bills summoned the courage to hang with the Pats early, they could have gotten the game to OT at the end. They chickened-out, and found themselves behind four instead of three. I'm willing to listen to a reasonable defense of that strategy, should you wish to offer one?
How mathematically inept are you? The Bills decided to go for 1 point rather than two points at the start of the game. That had zero, nothing to do with the Bills losing by four points. Had the Bills done as you want by getting the two-point conversion at the start of the game, they still would have lost by a FG. If you want to fantasize how that early game decision would somehow be worth enough points for the Bills to win at the end then I won't get in your way but it's just fantasy.