MNF: Raiders at Chiefs

ScipioCowboy

More than meets the eye.
Reaction score
If the Jones hit was honestly a concussions risk, it’s time to reevaluate the whole thing. It’s sounds ridiculous, but we’re honestly at the point where flags on quarterbacks may be the only viable option.

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
I edited my post to clarify it was a bad call. Yes those body weight sacks can’t be helped.
However they remain a judgement call and not always applied the same.

I just hate the rule.

I understand why they have it - QBs are expensive and sell tickets - but it's unfair to defenders. Especially when they're trying to avoid the call, and get flagged anyway.

Big_C_KU

Reaction score
nah....

the NHL actually fired a ref publicly...

Goddell and committe have to publicly come out against some of these calls

Not a chance. The league got railed by the media for what the Dolphins did with Tua. This is all a response to that. Any big hit on the QB is going to be roughing the passer until the criticism comes from the other way. For some reason people can’t just hold the responsible party responsible they instead have to punish everyone. It always has to be one extreme or the other.

Tim93gt

Reaction score
jobs have occupational hazards

imagine building houses and telling the crew "HEY!!! dont go higher than 6 feet"
Exactly. Don’t want to get hurt? Don’t get paid millions to play a game.

Redline360

Reaction score
Whos going to the first coach or player to go ape **** and body the **** out of a ref one game lol

Shane612

Reaction score
Wonder how much Chris Berman get paid for doing the MNF half time scores?
Hmmm....

Big_C_KU

Reaction score
LoL at the reaction. I remember it being called part of the game a few times when we got hosed

I remember when the “body weight” penalty got introduced. Dallas got called for a few of them that year. Then the NFL had the refs back off on that penalty mid-way through the season because it really is a stupid penalty. Haven’t seen it called much since until this past weekend. Enforcing it to this extreme is all a reaction to Tua’s injury.

Tim93gt

Reaction score
NFL is rapidly approaching their wake up call much similar to what the NHL faced prior to their last lockout.

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
Exactly. Don’t want to get hurt? Don’t get paid millions to play a game.

The dirty little secret: protecting QBs' health isn't the first priority. Protecting ticket sales and TV ratings come first, and making sure starting QBs play is important.

Vanilla2

Reaction score
I remember when the “body weight” penalty got introduced. Dallas got called for a few of them that year. Then the NFL had the refs back off on that penalty mid-way through the season because it really is a stupid penalty. Haven’t seen it called much since until this past weekend. Enforcing it to this extreme is all a reaction to Tua’s injury.

good.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Wonder what the reaction would be now, when Joe Turky Jones from the Browns. Picked Terry Bradshaw up and pounded his head in the ground. :laugh:

Aven8

Reaction score
I still can’t get over that call. That play was awesome by Jones. I almost wish he had broken Carr’s leg now and I like Carr