Mock 2.0

BAT

Mr. Fixit
Reaction score
Goldenrichards83;2685694 said:
I disagree with the punch. He has one of the best punches in college:
I think this guy would be perfect for us. He also can play every position but C on the line..
http://draftguys.com/index.php/articles/dgtv_1/ot_-_jamon_meredith_-_south_carolina/

I have never doubted his versatility which is clearly a strength. But the draft guys are wrong to describe Meredith as a "mauler". The guy's strength is not run blocking (for all his speed, he does not get out to the second level very often), but pass blocking. You're right, I should not have said he has "no punch", he is more of a a "one puncher". You notice that he never jolts (or even punches) the defender when he plays LT? He seemed to do it at RT, but never on the left side. Even when Meredith had the guy on his heels, he did not reset and finish the block. Meredith is passive, it almost seems like he prefers to go backwards, letting the defender come to him. Could be b/c he is so athletic and his arms are so long.

But I stand by what I said, Meredith does not play with enough intensity and explosion. He may have a punch, but go pull tape of the actual games, I rarely saw it. He may just not like to use it, b/c I never saw it.

Chocolate Lab

Run-loving Dino
Reaction score
Goldenrichards83;2685431 said:
Clab with Brinkley shedding almost 20 pounds he looked alot quicker at the combine and I think you are right I maybe under valueing him.

I think he may go higher than anyone thinks. Frankly, I think there's a good chance he'll end up being the best ILB in this class -- better than Maualaga, Cushing, and the other "big names". Another year removed from his injury and he could be truly big time.

JMO from seeing him at the combine.