Mock #3

The Realist

Reaction score
AustnIsMySaviour;3260735 said:
why are people so high on him ? I liked him as well but after watching some tape he had one unbelievable game that really inflated his stats. All the other games he was mediocre. I can't see him starting 1st year.

Why I think people like Robert Johnson.

Shows up big in big games. 2008: 2 picks vs Bama, 1 vs TCU, 1 vs BYU. 2007: Beat UCLA with 2 picks and a FF in the endzone, 12 tackles vs BYU. 2009: 3 picks vs CSU, Pick 6 95 yards for TD vs UNLV, 1 pick vs ORE and 1 pick vs CAL.

Plays the ball in the air as well as any S in this draft.

Only knock is slight frame.

Rampage

Benched
Reaction score
silverbear;3260643 said:
It would seem that you have a weird definition of the word "joke"... clearly, you were disparaging the opinion I expressed, now you're trying to weasel out by claiming you were "joking"...

Because believe it or not, sometimes folks with whom I'm disagreeing DO change my mind... but they only do so by making a logical case, based on facts...

Example-- on another board, I was touting Lamarr Houston as a possible backup NT for the Boys, and a poster made a pretty compelling argument that Houston was best off in a 4-3 scheme... I thought about what he said, and decided he was right... so now, I'm not as hot on drafting the guy...

It's what they call "debate", or "dialogue"... message boards are supposed to be about dialogue... maybe you don't change my mind, but maybe you impress some of the folks reading your arguments...

I mean, you don't seriously delude yourself that I care about YOUR opinion, do you?? And yet, I engage you in debate... part of the reason I do that is for the readers who are reading our dialogue who haven't really made up their mind on the subject... hopefully, the facts I provide give them input they didn't have before...

Actually, a lot of the regulars in here consider me one of the funnier posters around... I can only assume you're mistaking my sarcasm for grumpiness...

Stubborn, yes... grumpy?? Not usually... I have my days, but none of them have been real recent...

I guess you think this board is supposed to be a forum for you to express whatever ludicrous opinion might cross your mind, without being challenged...

Which brings us back to your apparent belief that your opinions are always right, and thus above being challenged... permit me to ROTFLMAO...

I put lots of opinions out there, and lots of folks "debate" me, or even "argue" with me... unlike you, I not only expect it, I welcome the challenge of making my argument with logic, reason and fact...

I figure if I can't, that means my opinion needs to be reconsidered...

And my crack about you and DaBoys having the same IQ was also a joke, if that's your definition of a joke (apparently, it's a lame attempt at insulting another poster), and you obviously didn't fine that amusing either...

Seems you can dish it out, but you can't take it...
i'm not trying to impress anybody on a messageboard. people like you and hostile look to impress people on here. I come here to talk about football and joke around sometimes. this is just a messageboard to me but to yourself it's clearly something more if you're looking to impress people with your debates:rolleyes: now you can have the last word cause i'm sure that's all you have these days with what this place means to you and all

silverbear

Semi-Official Loose Cannon
Reaction score
AustnIsMySaviour;3260735 said:
why are people so high on him ? I liked him as well but after watching some tape he had one unbelievable game that really inflated his stats. All the other games he was mediocre. I can't see him starting 1st year.

He makes a lot of plays, and many of them come in big games... in 2008, he had 4 ints-- 2 against Alabama, 1 against TCU, 1 against BYU, all or whom were ranked at the time... the one against TCU came at the end of the game, and saved the win for Utah... in 2007, he was the MWC Defensive Player of the Week against UCLA, which was 11th ranked at the time... he had 2 ints and a forced fumble in that game...

Then there was that big game against Colorado State that you mentioned this year (3 ints), and the game before that, he an interception and a fumble return for a TD against UNLV... and the week after the Colorado State game, he had 15 tackles against Air Force...

I call that a playmaker...

He also has a track background, in junior college he ran the 200 meters in 21.65 seconds, the 400 meters in 47.52 seconds, and high-jumped 6-8... you can bet that at the combine, he'll run under 4.5 in the 40... so he's athletic, has good size for the position, and makes plays, often in big games... IOW, he has an intangible that I call "clutch"...

What's not to like?? I'm frankly surprised he's not ranked higher...

silverbear

Semi-Official Loose Cannon
Reaction score
Rampage;3260833 said:
i'm not trying to impress anybody on a messageboard.

Then why do you bother to express your opinion at all?? Are you just in love with seeing your thoughts in print??

I find that claim doubly amusing when it comes from somebody with over 22,000 posts in less than 3 and a half years... that's an average of 17 plus posts a day...

ROTFLMAO...

Face it, you post because you want people to think you know about football... just like the rest of us...

And as for your repeatedly claiming you're just "joking around", only a stone MORON would consider "pffft" to be a joke...

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
windward;3252056 said:
1. Bryan Bulaga T Iowa
2. Morgan Burnett FS Georgia Tech
3. Vladimir Ducasse G- UMass
4. Alex Carrington DE-Arkansas State
6. Sherrick McManis CB-Northwestern
7. Erik Cook C - New Mexico

I really like this draft. It's one of the better ones i've seen.

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score
I like the OPs mock. I'd have to insert my pet, McCluster, in the second. There's a lot of meat in that draft.