Mock #3

silverbear

Semi-Official Loose Cannon
Reaction score
DaBoys4Life;3259096 said:
If I were to tell you my IQ was 160 would you feel stupid?

No, I'd think you're lying... you've put your cognitive abilities on display in your posts to this board, and I feel safe in saying I'm not alone in being singularly unimpressed by what you've shown us...

silverbear

Reaction score
BrAinPaiNt;3259105 said:
He would probably wonder why it does not translate into football IQ.

Let alone his ability to write clearly... intelligent people are usually able to do that...

Rampage

Benched
Reaction score
silverbear;3259582 said:
Just the sort of intelligent and articulate comeback I've come to expect from you...
yeah, yours was so intelligent insulting my IQ because I like a player that you don't. :rolleyes:

grumpy_old_man_tshirt-p235419049869537413q6vb_400.jpg

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
silverbear;3259583 said:
No, I'd think you're lying... you've put your cognitive abilities on display in your posts to this board, and I feel safe in saying I'm not alone in being singularly unimpressed by what you've shown us...

You would be correct.

Reaction score
isawoj;3259340 said:
Wow, you really are plugged into the Tech program. It's not like they lost 3 DL to the NFL last year and had DT's playing at about 270 all year and couldn't get any kind of rush except for Derrick Morgan.

Oh, BTW, Morgan Burnett was the 3rd fastest player on Tech's team during Summer training sessions with consistent times between 4.35 and 4.4.

please tell me you're not trying to say he's better then Nate Allen..:lmao: :lmao2:

Reaction score
Rampage;3260125 said:
he didn't even mention Nate Allen.:confused:

yes, but many in this forum is in consensus that Allen is the better safety, then you have him spitting out some False fact about Burnett, because he runs nothing close to a 4.3, try 4.5-4.58.

Rampage

Benched
Reaction score
AustnIsMySaviour;3260206 said:
yes, but many in this forum is in consensus that Allen is the better safety, then you have him spitting out some False fact about Burnett, because he runs nothing close to a 4.3, try 4.5-4.58.
I'd be happy with either one. I got this feeling though that i'm gonna be pissed because Jerry won't draft a safety in the upcoming draft.

Reaction score
Rampage;3260350 said:
I'd be happy with either one. I got this feeling though that i'm gonna be pissed because Jerry won't draft a safety in the upcoming draft.

If he didn't he'd be a big IDIOT. Doesn't have to be in the first few rounds cause the talent at safety is really deep this year. Could get a potential starter in the 4,6, or even 7th rounds. Its clearly a pressing need though so i'm sure jerry wont disappoint.

CF74

Vet Min Plus
Reaction score
windward;3252056 said:
7. Erik Cook C - New Mexico

Will Cook fall to the 7th or is this just a list of players you like?

Hoofbite

Reaction score
DaBoys4Life;3259096 said:
If I were to tell you my IQ was 160 would you feel stupid?

I would feel amused and know that I was lied to.

CF74

Vet Min Plus
Reaction score
UnoDallas;3260386 said:
thats where he is projected at

Oh cool, I guess I'm confusing him with another center that was projected around the 3rd...

TVMan

Reaction score
The Realist;3259250 said:
Coached secondary at Cincy in 2007 and 2008 (Mickens and DeAngelo).

For what it is worth.

That worked out well for us.:laugh2:

Robert Johnson from Utah could turn out to be the best bargain in this draft.

silverbear

Reaction score
Rampage;3260052 said:
yeah, yours was so intelligent insulting my IQ because I like a player that you don't. :rolleyes:

And you expressed your disagreement with the ever-so-intellectual "pffft"... LOL...

So yeah, I took a shot at your weak response, but then I went on to offer a rather lengthy rebuttal to defend my position... in response, you offered a response with as much substance as saying "whatever"...

Which made it appear that you had no factual argument to rebut the argument I made, IOW you couldn't defend why you like him...

The truth is, that's pretty much your modus operandi for disagreeing with people-- a smart*** one-liner, with no substantive rebuttal... which is why I compared you to DaBoys, he's rather fond of that form of "debate" too...

You both act as if your opinion is the definitive take on a player, and you don't NEED to defend your position... it's an intellectual arrogance which is amusing, given how often the two of you are profoundly clueless...

Rampage

Benched
Reaction score
silverbear;3260560 said:
And you expressed your disagreement with the ever-so-intellectual "pffft"... LOL...

So yeah, I took a shot at your weak response, but then I went on to offer a rather lengthy rebuttal to defend my position... in response, you offered a response with as much substance as saying "whatever"...

Which made it appear that you had no factual argument to rebut the argument I made, IOW you couldn't defend why you like him...

The truth is, that's pretty much your modus operandi for disagreeing with people-- a smart*** one-liner, with no substantive rebuttal... which is why I compared you to DaBoys, he's rather fond of that form of "debate" too...

You both act as if your opinion is the definitive take on a player, and you don't NEED to defend your position... it's an intellectual arrogance which is amusing, given how often the two of you are profoundly clueless...

#1 the "pfftt" was a joke. but you took it like the grumpy old man you are.

#2 their's no point in me defending why I like him. you already made it clear that you don't like him so why should I waste my time trying to change your opinion?

#3 lol I'm not looking for a debate with anybody. save that crap for politicians. I'm a stubborn guy and you're a grumpy,stubborn guy so their's no point in debating over something that we won't know the answer to for another few years.

#4 this is a football forum, most of it is opinions. for some reason you feel the need to start a "debate" if you disagree with someone's opinion.

like I said the "pfftt" was just meant to be a joke. obviously you didn't find it amusing and that's cool. but lighten up, man.

silverbear

Reaction score
Rampage;3260617 said:
#1 the "pfftt" was a joke. but you took it like the grumpy old man you are.

It would seem that you have a weird definition of the word "joke"... clearly, you were disparaging the opinion I expressed, now you're trying to weasel out by claiming you were "joking"...

#2 their's no point in me defending why I like him. you already made it clear that you don't like him so why should I waste my time trying to change your opinion?

Because believe it or not, sometimes folks with whom I'm disagreeing DO change my mind... but they only do so by making a logical case, based on facts...

Example-- on another board, I was touting Lamarr Houston as a possible backup NT for the Boys, and a poster made a pretty compelling argument that Houston was best off in a 4-3 scheme... I thought about what he said, and decided he was right... so now, I'm not as hot on drafting the guy...

It's what they call "debate", or "dialogue"... message boards are supposed to be about dialogue... maybe you don't change my mind, but maybe you impress some of the folks reading your arguments...

I mean, you don't seriously delude yourself that I care about YOUR opinion, do you?? And yet, I engage you in debate... part of the reason I do that is for the readers who are reading our dialogue who haven't really made up their mind on the subject... hopefully, the facts I provide give them input they didn't have before...

#3 lol I'm not looking for a debate with anybody. save that crap for politicians. I'm a stubborn guy and you're a grumpy,stubborn guy

Actually, a lot of the regulars in here consider me one of the funnier posters around... I can only assume you're mistaking my sarcasm for grumpiness...

Stubborn, yes... grumpy?? Not usually... I have my days, but none of them have been real recent...

#4 this is a football forum, most of it is opinions. for some reason you feel the need to start a "debate" if you disagree with someone's opinion.

I guess you think this board is supposed to be a forum for you to express whatever ludicrous opinion might cross your mind, without being challenged...

Which brings us back to your apparent belief that your opinions are always right, and thus above being challenged... permit me to ROTFLMAO...

I put lots of opinions out there, and lots of folks "debate" me, or even "argue" with me... unlike you, I not only expect it, I welcome the challenge of making my argument with logic, reason and fact...

I figure if I can't, that means my opinion needs to be reconsidered...

like I said the "pfftt" was just meant to be a joke. obviously you didn't find it amusing and that's cool. but lighten up, man.

And my crack about you and DaBoys having the same IQ was also a joke, if that's your definition of a joke (apparently, it's a lame attempt at insulting another poster), and you obviously didn't fine that amusing either...

Seems you can dish it out, but you can't take it...

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
TVMan;3260464 said:
That worked out well for us.:laugh2:

Robert Johnson from Utah could turn out to be the best bargain in this draft.
That's the guy I like best. 4th round would be about perfect.

Reaction score
Hostile;3260684 said:
That's the guy I like best. 4th round would be about perfect.

why are people so high on him ? I liked him as well but after watching some tape he had one unbelievable game that really inflated his stats. All the other games he was mediocre. I can't see him starting 1st year.