Mock Draft and Free Agency

reddyuta

Reaction score
Seriously guys we traded away a 1st rd pick for a Wr and now people are clamoring for WRs to be drafted high in this draft? we need OL and DL help and a safety.I wouldnt be surprised if we dont draft a WR at all.

cnuball21

Reaction score
Seriously guys we traded away a 1st rd pick for a Wr and now people are clamoring for WRs to be drafted high in this draft? we need OL and DL help and a safety.I wouldnt be surprised if we dont draft a WR at all.

I wouldn’t care if we didn’t draft one.

I was a big fan of Wilson who we took last year, so anxious to see him develop.

beware_d-ware

Reaction score
Free Agency:
Trade: Gerrad McCoy for 2019 6th round pick - (APY 13m)
Earl Thomas - (APY 10m)
Amari Cooper - (APY 15m)
Demacus Lawrence - (APY 21m)
Dak Prescott - (APY 25m)

Draft:

Round 2: Parris Cambell (WR)
Round 3: Kaden Smith (TE)
Round 4: Mecole Hardman (WR/KR)
Round 4: Marcus Norman (OT)
Round 7: Christian Miller (ST/OLB)

A one year rental on McCoy would be a perfect move. Like other posters have mentioned in different threads, we have a lot of cap room right now, but I would be hesitant to ink long-term FA deals with Dak, Zeke, Cooper, Lawrence, Byron, etc etc all to pay after this year. Eating $13 mil in salary on a one year deal while Dak is still playing for $650K and our defense is still all on rookie contracts would be ideal.

Mr_437

Reaction score
There are some enticing WRs, Ss, TEs too, but I'm almost always looking to go big first. This draft will have some decent WRs go in the sixth round like Ced Wilson last year.

beware_d-ware

Reaction score
And as far as drafting a WR high - I'm starting to think that Dak is a sum-of-his-parts quarterback, kind of like a Dalton or Kirk Cousins. Ultimately, I think he plays to the level of talent around him, and if he's going to be our franchise QB, I think we need to keep the cupboard pretty well stocked around him.

So while I'm not going crazy over a slot WR in the second, I'm not completely against it either if that receiver is BPA or close to it.

cnuball21

Reaction score
There are some enticing WRs, Ss, TEs too, but I'm almost always looking to go big first. This draft will have some decent WRs go in the sixth round like Ced Wilson last year.

Yup, I also don’t know why anyone isn’t talking about Wilson?

Maybe I’m bigger in Wilson than most but I think he was a solid prospect.

Mr_437

Reaction score
Yup, I also don’t know why anyone isn’t talking about Wilson?

Maybe I’m bigger in Wilson than most but I think he was a solid prospect.
Word from Broaddus is the staff was high on Wilson cause he knew the playbook as a rookie, so he has that going for him...just needs to get stronger and whatnot.

Noah got some decent playing time during the last part of the season (playoffs too). Add that with Wilson, and DAL still has room for two WRs. A slot type would probably get more usage than a big WR cause there's 4 guys ahead of a draftee. So, why pick a outside WR high?

I think the decision is between picking a TE or Slot high, then the unaddressed position goes to mid-round. Good thing, both positions have depth.

cnuball21

Reaction score
Word from Broaddus is the staff was high on Wilson cause he knew the playbook as a rookie, so he has that going for him...just needs to get stronger and whatnot.

Noah got some decent playing time during the last part of the season (playoffs too). Add that with Wilson, and DAL still has room for two WRs. A slot type would probably get more usage than a big WR cause there's 4 guys ahead of a draftee. So, why pick a outside WR high?

I think the decision is between picking a TE or Slot high, then the unaddressed position goes to mid-round. Good thing, both positions have depth.

I’m ok with slot if we let Beas go and don’t sign Austin. It’s just not a position you draft early.

We could likely get one of the best slots WRs in the 4th or 5th.

tm1119

Reaction score
0% chance anybody is taking on Gerald McCoy at that cap #...much better chance he gets flat out released

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
Free Agency:
Trade: Gerrad McCoy for 2019 6th round pick - (APY 13m)
Earl Thomas - (APY 10m)
Amari Cooper - (APY 15m)
Demacus Lawrence - (APY 21m)
Dak Prescott - (APY 25m)

Draft:

Round 2: Parris Cambell (WR)
Round 3: Kaden Smith (TE)
Round 4: Mecole Hardman (WR/KR)
Round 4: Marcus Norman (OT)
Round 7: Christian Miller (ST/OLB)
Dak will get 30million+

cnuball21

Reaction score
He won’t. For the simple fact that this year he is contracted for something like 1m. That brings his APY down compared to free agents.

Yea I think 30+ mil would be nuts.

Low 20s?

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
He won’t. For the simple fact that this year he is contracted for something like 1m. That brings his APY down compared to free agents.
When he does sign he will get 30 mill +

beware_d-ware

Reaction score
Yea I think 30+ mil would be nuts.

Low 20s?

I'd be surprised if he goes over $25. Salaries do tend to inflate year over year, but he's clearly a notch below guys like Stafford and Matt Ryan that just got a big payday.

Cousins is right around Dak's par IMO. He got $27 million, and he was the best free agent QB to hit the market in eons.

cnuball21

Reaction score
I'd be surprised if he goes over $25. Salaries do tend to inflate year over year, but he's clearly a notch below guys like Stafford and Matt Ryan that just got a big payday.

Cousins is right around Dak's par IMO. He got $27 million, and he was the best free agent QB to hit the market in eons.

He’ll get overpaid regardless, it’s the nature of the position.

IMO he should get league average money, but I imagine he’ll get top 10 QB money.

DanA

Reaction score
Let’s say he is worth 30m per year
2019 - 1m
2020 - 25m (franchise tag)
2021 - 30m
2022 - 30m
2023 - 30m
2024 - 30m
Total 146m
APY: 24.3

That’s surely the max he will get. He’s not a free agent that has been franchised twice like Cousins, that surely factors in, reducing his total contract.