L. Myles ILB Louisville

Tobal

Reaction score
Jeremy Zuttah
G, Rutgers

War Room analysis

Height: 6-3
fraction_3-8.gif
Weight: 308 40-yard dash: 4.98 10-yard dash: 1.74 20-yard shuttle: 4.54 60-yard shuttle: Broad jump: 8-10 225-lb. bench: 35 3-cone drill: 7.60 Vertical jump: 31 Wonderlic: 20-yard dash: 2.88

Strengths:
Is strong and competitive. Uses hands well to dictate and control defensive ends. Uses hand punch to slow pass rushers and lock them up. Shows the strength to stop bull rushers in their tracks, drive defensive linemen on side blocks and torque defenders off their feet on in-line run blocks. Shows the quickness to get out of stance and cutoff speed rushers. Shows surprising quickness to reach and seal linebackers on the second level. Shows good instincts to neutralize line stunts and delayed blitzes.

Weaknesses: Is a straight-line athlete lacking ideal agility. Struggles to change directions and slide back inside to neutralize secondary pass-rush moves. Must improve footwork in pass protection; tends to stop shuffling his feet upon contact. Struggles to adjust to moving targets on run blocks in the open field.
Bottom line: NFL coaches and scouts downgrade offensive linemen lacking in athleticism, but Zuttah shouldn't drop too far because he has what it takes to be a solid NFL starter at guard. He will not wow anyone in pre-draft workouts but should be a good Day 2 value.

TheCount

Pixel Pusher
Reaction score
I don't think we're interested in Josh Johnson, what is he gonna do on this team?

But yeah, I love the draft. :)

Tobal

Reaction score
ANGELO CRAIG MEASURABLES Height: 6-4
fraction_1-4.gif
Weight: 242 40-yard dash: 5.11 10-yard dash: 1.71 20-yard shuttle: 4.57 60-yard shuttle: Broad jump: 10-4 225-lb. bench: 20 3-cone drill: 7.38 Vertical jump: 34
fraction_1-2.gif
Wonderlic: 20-yard dash: 2.89

Tobal

Reaction score
Jason Shirley
DT, Fresno State

War Room analysis

JASON SHIRLEY MEASURABLES Height: 6-5
fraction_1-4.gif
Weight: 329 40-yard dash: 5.02 10-yard dash: 20-yard shuttle: 4.18 60-yard shuttle: Broad jump: 9-7 225-lb. bench: 25 3-cone drill: 7.16 Vertical jump: 35

Strengths:
Has a massive frame, and is agile and athletic. Can control the line of scrimmage, and plays well in the one-gap system. Can make plays near the sideline, and gets upfield in a hurry. Does a decent job pressing the pocket.

Weaknesses: Shows a lackadaisical attitude and work ethic. Does not
always play hard, and too often gets dominated by lesser foes. Shows questionable conditioning; has to be rotated out of action too often. Lacks flexibility, and struggles to change direction. Must learn to get butt low and not stand straight-up at the snap; when he does, loses leverage immediately. Shows poor play-recognition skills.
Bottom line: Shirley looks like an elite prospect but lacks the desire to actually become one. He is one gigantic question mark. Some NFL team will take a chance on him, for sure. If he becomes motivated, he could become a decent third tackle in a rotation system.

Tobal

Reaction score
Lamar Myles
ILB, Louisville

War Room analysis

LAMAR MYLES MEASURABLES Height: 6-0 Weight: 220 40-yard dash: 4.70

Strengths:
Is a good athlete with the quick footwork, agility and body control to make form tackles in the open field. Shows surprising strength when tackling. Reads and reacts to inside runs quickly, moves through traffic fast, avoids blockers and makes tackles consistently. Shows the quickness and instincts to get through holes and into the backfield before linemen can reach him. Uses hands well to keep blockers off him, and has sneaky strength at the point of attack. Is smooth and fluid dropping into zone coverage, reads quarterbacks and closes quickly to make hard hits. Can knock tight ends backward.

Weaknesses: Lacks ideal bulk/size to consistently hold his ground against NFL blockers, to tackle big ballcarriers and to quickly shed blocks. Lacks the elite speed and explosiveness to make plays outside of the tackle box. Doesn't fill holes aggressively. In coverage, struggles to get there in time to play the ball. Consistently bites on play-action fakes. Keeps eyes on backfield too long; often loses contact with his man. Shows an inconsistent backpedal, and struggles to plant, drive and close when not using good technique.
Bottom line: Myles, a junior, should have stayed in school and used the extra year to add bulk. He also must improve his technique to become a good all-around linebacker against the pass and run. He projects as a backup linebacker and special teams contributor until he gets bigger and more polished.

Tobal

Reaction score
Josh Johnson
QB, San Diego

War Room analysis

JOSH JOHNSON MEASURABLES Height: 6-2
fraction_5-8.gif
Weight: 214 40-yard dash: 4.56 10-yard dash: 1.57 20-yard shuttle: 4.43 60-yard shuttle: Broad jump: 9-3 225-lb. bench: 3-cone drill: 7.57 Vertical jump: 34 Wonderlic: 20-yard dash: 2.64

Strengths:
Shows great athleticism and footwork to avoid sacks by bursting away from defenders. Has the speed to make big plays when scrambling. Keeps head up and eyes downfield when forced from the pocket. Makes strong and accurate throws on the move. Has a quick, compact delivery. Has a strong arm; when technique is on, puts good zip and accuracy on intermediate and downfield routes.

Weaknesses: Is raw. Is a better athlete than quarterback. Shows inconsistent footwork, hindering ability to throw accurately. Must learn to stride into throws with the correct form; lacks the big arm to get great zip on passes without proper technique.
Bottom line. Johnson is an elite athlete, but there's much to be done to refine his skills. He has a good release but needs the footwork to match to become a legitimate NFL passer. Johnson is an intriguing late-round project.

Tobal

Reaction score
Ray Rice
RB, Rutgers

War Room analysis

RAY RICE MEASURABLES Height: 5-8 Weight: 199 40-yard dash: 4.48 10-yard dash: 1.50 20-yard shuttle: 4.17 60-yard shuttle: Broad jump: 10-1 225-lb. bench: 24 3-cone drill: 6.66 Vertical jump: 39
fraction_1-2.gif
Wonderlic: 20-yard dash: 2.51

Inside running:
Lacks ideal height, but is remarkably productive. Attacks the hole, showing an explosive burst to get through it before it closes. Makes good cuts off blocks; is patient when needed. Lowers shoulders to become a smaller target, and shows the strength and balance to absorb hard hits and gain extra yardage. Keeps legs churning. In traffic, is quick and agile to make sharp cuts to avoid tacklers. Grade: 8.0

Outside running: Lacks elite speed, but shows the burst to make big plays. On quick tosses and straight handoffs on the perimeter, accelerates quickly to get the corner. When the middle is clogged, changes directions in a flash to explode in the other direction and beat defenders outside. Uses strength and balance to run through defensive backs' tackles or make them miss. Shows instincts and vision to locate backside holes. Grade: 8.0

Blocking: Gives solid effort in pass protection and has talent to be a good; must greatly improve technique. Usually tries to cut pass rushers. Does a good initial job on blocks, but does not stay after it. Grade: 5.0

Hands/routes: Shows good hands to make tough catches, but lacks experience. Reaches out and plucks the ball. Is dangerous after the catch, running hard to break tackles or make would-be tacklers miss. Lacks experience running routes downfield, but shows the athleticism to become good. Grade: 6.5

Durability: Lacks size but was remarkably durable at Rutgers; handled the ball a ton in every game and missed virtually no playing time. Runs with an aggressive style and absorbs a lot of hits, though. Grade: 7.5
Bottom line: Rice, a junior, has rare playmaking ability and toughness. He consistently plays bigger and stronger than his measured size would suggest. Rice will be drafted after some other elite running backs because of his size, but Rice ultimately will prove to be a steal.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I'd take it!

And appreciate your work here by the way!

:bow:

ThatsmyQB

Benched
Reaction score
TheCount;2024851 said:
I don't think we're interested in Josh Johnson, what is he gonna do on this team?

But yeah, I love the draft. :)

UM, Brad Johnson is like 40 years old and teams NEED two Q..B.'s since Q.B.'s RARELY make it through a full season, so why not grom a Q.B. to be our backup?

ThatsmyQB

Benched
Reaction score
Tobal;2024836 said:
s.gif

1 22 (22)
D. Rodgers-Cromartie CB Tenn St

1 28 (28)
J. Hardy WR Indiana

I don't see any scenario that has DRC falllin to #22, Hardy would be a great pick if he lasts too!

Not a huge fan of Rice but don't mind the pick, I like Zuttah and don't mind him replacing Kosier after this year.

WILL NOT LAST THIS LONG, ran a 4.55 at the combines and had 43 T.D.'s and only 1 INT, I don't care WHO you play for, that's INSANE, if we want him we'd have to use our 3rd on him, although he could be gone by then also.

Would have to look him up, never heard of him.

I love him, huge character questions but worth every penny IMO this late!

For the 4 trillionth 969,000th time, we have NO ROOM on our roster for an I.L.>B, we're keeping 4 and their SET IN STONE with Thomas and James starting and Burnett and Carpenter backing up, with Ayodelle the odd man out, if we don't have room on our roster to keep last years STARTER in Ayodelle, we DEFINATELY won't have room to keep a 7th round I.L.B.!
Not to mention he's 6' 220, he'd get KILLED in the 3-4 defense ABSOLUTELY KILLED!

silverbear

Semi-Official Loose Cannon
Reaction score
TheCount;2024851 said:

Be a solid backup for Romo for the next 5-10 years?? After Tony, what have we got at QB??

silverbear

Reaction score
Tobal;2024852 said:
ANGELO CRAIG MEASURABLES Height: 6-4
fraction_1-4.gif
Weight: 242 40-yard dash: 5.11 10-yard dash: 1.71 20-yard shuttle: 4.57 60-yard shuttle: Broad jump: 10-4 225-lb. bench: 20 3-cone drill: 7.38 Vertical jump: 34
fraction_1-2.gif
Wonderlic: 20-yard dash: 2.89

NFL Draft Countdown has Crowell at 6-4 250, and lists his 40 time at 4.7...

NFL Draft Scout also has him at 6-4 250, and has him down for a 4.77 at his Pro Day, just a 5.07 at the Combine (maybe he had a bad day)... I'm gonna call him a 4.8 40, which is marginal for an OLB (he's too small to play DE in the 3-4)...

silverbear

Reaction score
Tobal;2024857 said:
Lamar Myles
ILB, Louisville

War Room analysis

LAMAR MYLES MEASURABLES Height: 6-0 Weight: 220 40-yard dash: 4.70

Strengths:
Is a good athlete with the quick footwork, agility and body control to make form tackles in the open field. Shows surprising strength when tackling. Reads and reacts to inside runs quickly, moves through traffic fast, avoids blockers and makes tackles consistently. Shows the quickness and instincts to get through holes and into the backfield before linemen can reach him. Uses hands well to keep blockers off him, and has sneaky strength at the point of attack. Is smooth and fluid dropping into zone coverage, reads quarterbacks and closes quickly to make hard hits. Can knock tight ends backward.

Weaknesses: Lacks ideal bulk/size to consistently hold his ground against NFL blockers, to tackle big ballcarriers and to quickly shed blocks. Lacks the elite speed and explosiveness to make plays outside of the tackle box. Doesn't fill holes aggressively. In coverage, struggles to get there in time to play the ball. Consistently bites on play-action fakes. Keeps eyes on backfield too long; often loses contact with his man. Shows an inconsistent backpedal, and struggles to plant, drive and close when not using good technique.
Bottom line: Myles, a junior, should have stayed in school and used the extra year to add bulk. He also must improve his technique to become a good all-around linebacker against the pass and run. He projects as a backup linebacker and special teams contributor until he gets bigger and more polished.

NFL Draft Scout lists Myles' 40 times in a range between 4.48 and 4.67 seconds, so I'll call it a 4.6 40... he's not gonna play ILB at 220 pounds, but he projects to either weakside OLB or even possibly SS in the NFL...

He can also bench press close to 500 pounds... this suggests that he's spent a lot of time in the weight room, meaning he's probably about as big as he's gonna get...

silverbear

Reaction score
Tobal;2024850 said:
Jeremy Zuttah
G, Rutgers

War Room analysis

Height: 6-3
fraction_3-8.gif
Weight: 308 40-yard dash: 4.98 10-yard dash: 1.74 20-yard shuttle: 4.54 60-yard shuttle: Broad jump: 8-10 225-lb. bench: 35 3-cone drill: 7.60 Vertical jump: 31 Wonderlic: 20-yard dash: 2.88

Strengths:
Is strong and competitive. Uses hands well to dictate and control defensive ends. Uses hand punch to slow pass rushers and lock them up. Shows the strength to stop bull rushers in their tracks, drive defensive linemen on side blocks and torque defenders off their feet on in-line run blocks. Shows the quickness to get out of stance and cutoff speed rushers. Shows surprising quickness to reach and seal linebackers on the second level. Shows good instincts to neutralize line stunts and delayed blitzes.

Weaknesses: Is a straight-line athlete lacking ideal agility. Struggles to change directions and slide back inside to neutralize secondary pass-rush moves. Must improve footwork in pass protection; tends to stop shuffling his feet upon contact. Struggles to adjust to moving targets on run blocks in the open field.
Bottom line: NFL coaches and scouts downgrade offensive linemen lacking in athleticism, but Zuttah shouldn't drop too far because he has what it takes to be a solid NFL starter at guard. He will not wow anyone in pre-draft workouts but should be a good Day 2 value.

Many sources are saying that Zuttah, who played tackle in college, projects to center in the NFL... I think he might be a wee tad smaller than Hudson Houck likes, though... but he is pretty strong for his size (he did 35 reps at 225 pounds at the combine)...

tomson75

Brain Dead Shill
Reaction score
I'd be absolutely thrilled with that draft up until the 5th round....then I'd be scratching my head.

5mics

Next Year's Champions
Reaction score
silverbear;2025021 said:
Many sources are saying that Zuttah, who played tackle in college, projects to center in the NFL... I think he might be a wee tad smaller than Hudson Houck likes, though... but he is pretty strong for his size (he did 35 reps at 225 pounds at the combine)...
SB, would Tony Hills (OT, Texas) be a fit for Houck's O-line?

silverbear

Reaction score
5mics;2025939 said:
SB, would Tony Hills (OT, Texas) be a fit for Houck's O-line?

Nope, he needs to go someplace like Denver... he's a little too light in the seat, Hud likes his "big butts"...

I really don't think he's all that good, anyway... I see him as a career backup, at best...

dbair1967

Arch Defender
Reaction score

Biggems

White and Nerdy
Reaction score
how about the mock that I updated in my sig.........how does that work for you guys