Mock Draft Many will love Sporting News 7 rounds

ThatsmyQB

Benched
Reaction score
Biggems;2026046 said:
how about the mock that I updated in my sig.........how does that work for you guys

That's actually a very good mock, although I don't like Cason for some odd reason I just feel he's gonnna be a bust, but I love your mock!

DaBoys4Life

Benched
Reaction score
silverbear;2024999 said:
Be a solid backup for Romo for the next 5-10 years?? After Tony, what have we got at QB??

no one is going to sit the bench and play second fiddle like that if they feel they can be a starter and to pick QB in the 4th i'm sure he feels it's going to be his time after 2-3 years.

5mics

Next Year's Champions
Reaction score
silverbear;2025946 said:
Nope, he needs to go someplace like Denver... he's a little too light in the seat, Hud likes his "big butts"...

I really don't think he's all that good, anyway... I see him as a career backup, at best...
That's what I suspected myself. Too bad, he was all-everything before his knee injury as a freshman..... :(

Biggems

White and Nerdy
Reaction score
DaBoys4Life;2026152 said:
no one is going to sit the bench and play second fiddle like that if they feel they can be a starter and to pick QB in the 4th i'm sure he feels it's going to be his time after 2-3 years.

ok so let him be a backup for 3-4 years....learn the QB position behind Romo and then if he leaves, so be it.....perhaps we will get compensation for it. And if he leaves then all we have to do is get another backup for Romo, either a veteran or another draft pick.

However, let's say something happens to Romo, I want a guy who can make all the throws, who is mobile, who can avoid pressure. Brad is old, would be better suited for coaching now.

5mics

Next Year's Champions
Reaction score
Matt Schaub is the model we should pattern after. It NEVER hurts to get another potential starter as QB especially in the 4th-5th round area. After the standard 3-4 year rookie contract is up, we could always trade to someone desperate for a QB and get a 2nd or 3rd rounder like Atlanta did. It makes no sense NOT to develop another QB just because Romo is here.....

5mics

Next Year's Champions
Reaction score
Biggems;2026046 said:
how about the mock that I updated in my sig.........how does that work for you guys
Love the Johnson kid at QB; you really like Bryant, huh? I do to, but I'm thinking more in the 3rd-4th. Is he rising that much on your board?

ThatsmyQB

Benched
Reaction score

MANY and I mean MANY 4th roudn Q.B.'s are career backups, hell even 1st round picks (joey Harrington) are now probably career backups, we groom him, REMEMBER Jason Garrett? Carrer backup worked out great for us.
If he plays GREAT in place of Romo if Romo gets hurt or looks AWESOME in pre season, we could trade him for ala Matt Schaub.

We need a backup, Jason Garrett was a good backup to have, never starter but played well when needed too, Beurlein was our best backup ever though.
Bottom line we need to groom a young Q.B. and should be grooming TWO young Q.B.s, one 3rd strin and one practice squad so eventually the 3rd stringer takes over for Brad Johnson and then the practice squad takes over as 3rd string and then we go out and get ANOTHER Q.B. for the practice squad.

ThatsmyQB

Benched
Reaction score
5mics;2026183 said:
Love the Johnson kid at QB; you really like Bryant, huh? I do to, but I'm thinking more in the 3rd-4th. Is he rising that much on your board?

I have him rated late 2nd rounder and NO WAY will he be there with our late 3rd.

Biggems

White and Nerdy
Reaction score
5mics;2026183 said:

I hate Bryant cause he is an Aggie....however, against UT he had 2 good games....I would prefer Frank Okam, but he is a bit lazy and never really lived up to his full potential. However, I do like the UT DTs that end up in the NFL...they tend to do well, maybe not All-Pro, but definitely solid contributors to their teams. The issue I had, was finding a place for Okam based on the several draft sites that I have looked at. He has a 4th or 5th round value at this time and I could not justify taking him with a 2nd, just cause I liked him better than Bryant. Bryant, on the other hand, has a 2nd-3rd round grade. I can justify taking him in the 2nd round.

HOOK EM HORNS

DaBoys4Life

Benched
Reaction score
Biggems;2026178 said:
ok so let him be a backup for 3-4 years....learn the QB position behind Romo and then if he leaves, so be it.....perhaps we will get compensation for it. And if he leaves then all we have to do is get another backup for Romo, either a veteran or another draft pick.

However, let's say something happens to Romo, I want a guy who can make all the throws, who is mobile, who can avoid pressure. Brad is old, would be better suited for coaching now.

I don't see the point in devoloping a QB to sit on the bench i'd rather had Brad and the extra roster spot than some one we will eventually get rid of. I think any random generic QB in the back up role is fine all of our backups can't be starter quality.

ThatsmyQB

Benched
Reaction score
DaBoys4Life;2026370 said:
I don't see the point in devoloping a QB to sit on the bench i'd rather had Brad and the extra roster spot than some one we will eventually get rid of. I think any random generic QB in the back up role is fine all of our backups can't be starter quality.

Why do you say we eventually have to get rid of him?
Plus if you're gonna rely on ANY GENERIC Q.B. as the backup Q.B. in a league where about 90%+ of the NFL Q.B.'s miss at least one game every year, then you're in a world of trouble!
You say you don't understand the point in developing a Q.B. to sit on the bench, need I remind of of some guy we developed who sat on the bench for years named TONY ROMO and another guy named Brett Favre???????????

5mics

Next Year's Champions
Reaction score
DaBoys4Life;2026370 said:
I run out of adjectives to describe how much I disagree with this line of thinking.....

Biggems

White and Nerdy
Reaction score
Ok, so I watched a lot of Louisville football games this year, since I had their QBs and Ks on my fantasy team....also, they play a lot of Thursday Night games.....so I came across with some important knowledge of this team.

1. offensively, they completely underachieved. I know they had some WRs hurt during the year, and Brohm was also dealing with some nagging injuries. However, their line was not the line it has been the last few years.

2. THERE IS ABSOLUTELY NO D IN LOUISVILLE....I thought Texas Tech had no D, but compared to Louisville, Texas Tech looks like LSU. It is embarrassing to see this team try to play defense.....As a fan of defense, I puke everytime I watch the Louisville defense take the field.

So with that being said, I cannot support any mock who would have a Louisville defensive player on it, even if that player is taken in the 7th round. A corpse would play better defense than anyone from Louisville.

ThatsmyQB

Benched
Reaction score
5mics;2026540 said:
I run out of adjectives to describe how much I disagree with this line of thinking.....

I can, you want to borrow a few?
Come on now, just take any backup, I mean how often do you have to rely on your backup in todays NFL anyway? HEHE

Reaction score
Getting DRC that low would be a minor miracle. I believe if we really covet him, it's going to take some wheeling & dealing to move up into the teens. I would rather have Chris Johnson than Rice, simply because I feel he is a better compliment to the "Barbarian". Also, you can't teach speed. Lack of speed is something that held us back on both sides of the ball last year. Our middle LBs, third down RB, and secondary need to all get younger & faster.

DFWJC

Reaction score
Tobal;2024836 said:
s.gif

1 22 (22)
D. Rodgers-Cromartie CB Tenn St

1 28 (28)
J. Hardy WR Indiana

2 30 (61)
R. Rice RB Rutgers

3 29 (92)
J. Zuttah G Rutgers

4 27 (126)
J. Johnson QB San Diego

5 28 (163)
A. Craig DE Cin.

6 1 (167)
J. Shirley DT Fresno St.

7 28 (235)
L. Myles ILB Louisville

DRC would be great but won't happen.
Hardy would do, but I'd like more speed.
Rice at #61 would be very solid.
Zuttah seems limited...time will tell.
Josh J: I would not use a 4th rounder on a QB unless a huge value play.
I don't know enough about Craig
I would consider rolling dice on Shirley
I thought L Myles was coaching LSU?

Zimmy Lives

Reaction score
silverbear;2025021 said:
Many sources are saying that Zuttah, who played tackle in college, projects to center in the NFL... I think he might be a wee tad smaller than Hudson Houck likes, though... but he is pretty strong for his size (he did 35 reps at 225 pounds at the combine)...

He is also the fastest o-lineman in the draft according to Goose. Seems to me that would be a sound pick in the 4th!