Mock draft post free agency

Aliencowboy

Reaction score
1st
#10 Patrick Surtain CB 6'2 208- no surprise.
Great match/value Blue chip
2nd
#44 Payton Turner DE 6'5 270 - Im not sold on a safety here- whether Grant or Holland.
Turner has pro bowl potential as a DE with his 35 inch arms, burst and bend. Can Gregory play 17 games? No worries.

3rd
# 75 Anthony Schwartz WR 6'0 180 40 yard
4.26. With Gallop leaving, this guy can develop into a slot player and offer a deep threat.

#99 Bobby Brown III DT 6'4 320 - 34.75 inch arms - this guy can play the nose. He has the size and length to not get pushed around.

4th
#115 Divine Deablo S 6'3 226 33 inch arms 4.46 40 - l like the size and athleticism this guy offers that the other safeties dont. And less risk in the fourth round.

#138 Tommy Togiani DT 6'2 - tough interior DT. can he do the same in the NFL with 31 inch arms- i doubt it. But the 4th is a good place to find out.

Aliencowboy

Reaction score
1st
2nd
#44 Payton Turner DE 6'5 270 - Im not sold on a safety here- whether Grant or Holland.
Turner has pro bowl potential as a DE with his 35 inch arms, burst and bend. Can Gregory play 17 games? No worries.

3rd
4.26. With Gallop leaving, this guy can develop into a slot player and offer a deep threat.

#99 Bobby Brown III DT 6'4 320 - 34.75 inch arms - this guy can play the nose. He has the size and length to not get pushed around.

4th
#115 Divine Deablo S 6'3 226 33 inch arms 4.46 40 - l like the size and athleticism this guy offers that the other safeties dont. And less risk in the fourth round.

#138 Tommy Togiani DT 6'2 - tough interior DT. can he do the same in the NFL with 31 inch arms- i doubt it. But the 4th is a good place to find out.
If there was a trade with chicago, at 20 I would take, greg newsome ii . Then Joe Tyron DE with the extra 2nd and keep everything else the same

Last edited:

visionary

Reaction score
I like your DTs but hate the fact that there is no starting FS or LB which are 2 major needs for us

Aliencowboy

Reaction score
I like your DTs but hate the fact that there is no starting FS or LB which are 2 major needs for us
Divine Deablo has starting potential. I dont consider linebacker a need this year. Having said that, you cant pass on Payton Turner to try and plug in a need.

Aliencowboy

Reaction score
Divine Deablo has starting potential. I dont consider linebacker a need this year. Having said that, you cant pass on Payton Turner to try and plug in a need.

Im worried Payton Turner will not make it to #44. They may need to trade back in the first round.

Sydla

Reaction score

There is likely no chance you are going to fill all the holes. I suspect with Neal signed and the fact they'll try to resuscitate LVE and Smith, you won't see a LB taken early unless something crazy happens, like JOK or Parsons or even Collins falling big time in the draft.

As much as I think LB needs to be burnt to the ground and rebuilt, I don't see it as big of a need as S and DT at this point

Cowboyny

Reaction score
1st
2nd

3rd

4th

Instead of Schwartz, take a FS or LB. Don't need two NT's, fill the other not picked at 75.

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
1st
2nd

3rd

4th

Way way to early for Schwartz. He is a late right round flier with some upside. He isnt a very good WR right now, and he doesn't return kicks

Aliencowboy

Reaction score
There is likely no chance you are going to fill all the holes. I suspect with Neal signed and the fact they'll try to resuscitate LVE and Smith, you won't see a LB taken early unless something crazy happens, like JOK or Parsons or even Collins falling big time in the draft.

As much as I think LB needs to be burnt to the ground and rebuilt, I don't see it as big of a need as S and DT at this point
Agreed

agreed. Whats the point of drafting a 4th string linebacker to address a need or hope they are suddenly much better than in college. There may be a better match or value from a cut, free agency or the draft next year.

speedkilz88

Reaction score
Basham would be another end I would look at 44 along with Payton Turner. Holland might make it to 75.

Anthony Schwartz is way too high. Guy is more athlete than football player. Late 4th or 5th for him maybe. I would rather have Jaelon Darden in around the 4th round area, a way more polished player with some speed.

Deablo is a Kam Chancellor clone.

I doubt Togiai will be as late as 138. He looks to be more around the 70s. Marvin Wilson is another guy similar to him with more upside. Both can play the 1T. PFN mock has Wilson not going until the 160s (5th round) but he probably goes 3rd or 4th.

Aliencowboy

Reaction score
He is just not that good. For a player with his speed, he is a pretty bad deep ball WR. He isnt a guy I would look at before the 6th
Yr free to yr opinion of course. Friendly bet is drafted before the 6th round. We'll use yr post.

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Yr free to yr opinion of course. Friendly bet is drafted before the 6th round. We'll use yr post.
Maybe he will. Im just saying I wouldn't. Honestly, my opinion is that we have cut better prospects in recent TC's than him

Aliencowboy

Reaction score
Basham would be another end I would look at 44 along with Payton Turner. Holland might make it to 75.

Anthony Schwartz is way too high. Guy is more athlete than football player. Late 4th or 5th for him maybe. I would rather have Jaelon Darden in around the 4th round area, a way more polished player with some speed.

Deablo is a Kam Chancellor clone.

I doubt Togiai will be as late as 138. He looks to be more around the 70s. Marvin Wilson is another guy similar to him with more upside. Both can play the 1T. PFN mock has Wilson not going until the 160s (5th round) but he probably goes 3rd or 4th.

I understand why you'd tout Basham but in the end he is a tweener that is not a 4-3 DE or DT. Probably best on a 3-4. Simply he doesnt fit with Dallas and would be a bust

https://draftscout.com/dsprofile.php?PlayerId=1028142&DraftYear=2021

Aliencowboy

Reaction score
Maybe he will. Im just saying I wouldn't. Honestly, my opinion is that we have cut better prospects in recent TC's than him
No one with 4.26 speed. He'll have a year to develop before Gallop leaves. The Auburn QB/passing game did Schwartz no favors. Someone needs to clear the safties for Ceedee to work underneath.

Aliencowboy

Reaction score
6-3 274 is not a tweener. Tank Lawrence has been 6-3 250-265 in his Cowboys career.
DLaw has 34 inch + arm length.
Basham has 32. He wont win against nfl tackles. Put him inside and he is too light even for 3 DT.