Mockle Doodle Doo

The Realist

Reaction score
1) Traded for 2, 3, 5

2a) Vladimir Ducasse 6-5/325 G/T UMass

2b) Traded for 3 and 4

3a) Carlton Mitchell 6-4/210 WR USF (Junior)

3b) Javier Arenas 5-9/195 CB/PR/KR Alabama

3c) Arthur Jones 6-3/295 NT Syracuse (legit production)

4a) Joseph Linval 6-6/320 3-4 DE ECU (legit production)

4b) Robert Johnson 6-2/200 FS Utah (compares to Ken Hamlin and makes no plays) :laugh2: :laugh1:

5) Marshall Newhouse 6-3/325 G/T TCU

6-7) CB/LB depth or traded for 2011 picks

KingintheNorth

Chris in Arizona
Reaction score
I honestly think that the reason so many of the draftniks here insist on trading down is so they can include more of their pets.

We will have maybe 5 open spots on the roster this year. We will add at least 1 free agent. Why are we always (mock)drafting so many people?

ShiningStar

Reaction score
Chris in SoCal;3274716 said:
I honestly think that the reason so many of the draftniks here insist on trading down is so they can include more of their pets.

We will have maybe 5 open spots on the roster this year. We will add at least 1 free agent. Why are we always (mock)drafting so many people?

I think what you are seeing is people who want depth and possible new starters and some who are just thinking what the team would be like with their picks.

Mock draft is just that, guessing, might as well have some fun because hardly anyone gets it right because no one knows who rises fall or trades.

VACowboy

Reaction score
I don't mind the trades. Mock drafting is something we do to pass the time between the end of the season and the end of April. It's fun playing GM. I just don't like the idea of trading down. I'd much rather go for quality over quantity and shoot for an impact player, or at least a starter or two, instead of a scad of career backups. I realize that you can find starters anywhere in the draft, and even in free agency, but as a recent article posted in this thread demonstrated, your best chances are from pick #50 and earlier.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
If we trade down it would make me laugh if it was with Buffalo so they can grab a QB before the round 2 people. Deja vu with Losman. It would be even funnier to me if Jacksonville traded down to grab Tebow and the Bills moved ahead of them to grab him instead.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
1st ANTHONY DAVIS
Height: 6-6 | Weight: 325 | Position:OL | College: Rutgers

2nd NATE ALLEN
Height: 6-1 | Weight: 206 | Position:FS | College: South Florida

3rd JORDAN SHIPLEY
Height: 6-0 | Weight: 190 | Position:WR | College: Texas

4th KYLE CALLOWAY
Height: 6-7 | Weight: 315 | Position:OL | College: Iowa

ShiningStar

Reaction score
VACowboy;3274763 said:
I don't mind the trades. Mock drafting is something we do to pass the time between the end of the season and the end of April. It's fun playing GM. I just don't like the idea of trading down. I'd much rather go for quality over quantity and shoot for an impact player, or at least a starter or two, instead of a scad of career backups. I realize that you can find starters anywhere in the draft, and even in free agency, but as a recent article posted in this thread demonstrated, your best chances are from pick #50 and earlier.

I think with this draft we should bundle up and get 1 or 2 good players we know are going to start and make a difference. The last draft brought us some players and we dumped some, and have a good crop left, but lets get that player that can get on this team and contribute.

I either want that special FS that is going to ball hawk and get interceptions, or I want that offensive lineman that doesnt back down.

Its getting frustrating to have to have the same problems, bring in a lot of guys and they dont equal that one star that can make the plays we need.

VACowboy

Reaction score
Doomsday101;3274772 said:
1st ANTHONY DAVIS

2nd NATE ALLEN

3rd JORDAN SHIPLEY

4th KYLE CALLOWAY

I'll take that RIGHT now.

The Realist

Reaction score

Wrong, but nice try.

Ducasse is my only pet cat in that mock.

From where I'm sitting we're drafting guys who will be starters or major contributors 2-3 years from now for the most part.

Trading out of bottom of 1 because I don't see good value there.

Trading out of bottom 2 because of same reason and we've done it a few times in last couple years.

We can replace/upgrade 10+ backups/non-contributors easily.

Proctor, McQ, Holland, Preston, Hurd, Watkins, Gordon, Octavien, Siavii, Hatcher, Bowen, Deon

Don't get complacent with guys who have no upside.

The Realist

Reaction score
Doomsday101;3274772 said:
1st ANTHONY DAVIS

2nd NATE ALLEN

3rd JORDAN SHIPLEY

4th KYLE CALLOWAY

If I was 6-11 I'd be in the NBA.

The Realist

Reaction score
Davis is way outta reach.

Allen probably/maybe out of reach.

Other 2 are good.

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
The Realist;3274409 said:
1) Traded for 2, 3, 5

2a) Vladimir Ducasse 6-5/325 G/T UMass

2b) Traded for 3 and 4

3a) Carlton Mitchell 6-4/210 WR USF (Junior)

3b) Javier Arenas 5-9/195 CB/PR/KR Alabama

3c) Arthur Jones 6-3/295 NT Syracuse (legit production)

4a) Joseph Linval 6-6/320 3-4 DE ECU (legit production)

4b) Robert Johnson 6-2/200 FS Utah (compares to Ken Hamlin and makes no plays) :laugh2: :laugh1:

5) Marshall Newhouse 6-3/325 G/T TCU

6-7) CB/LB depth or traded for 2011 picks

tell me how he doesn't compare to Ken Hamlin (smilies not allowed)

SLATEmosphere

Benched
Reaction score

When I did my mock I traded down to collect a extra 3rd and 5th.

After the first 4 selections i had trouble picking players because our team is pretty stacked already and couldnt find where that player would make the team.

I think Jerry uses those extra picks to eith keep moving up or get future draft picks.

We will probably only draft 5-6 guys total. I hope those are 5-6 quality picks. No Mickens and Deangelo Williams this year.

rkell87

Reaction score
Doomsday101;3274812 said:
I don't think my selection are that far out there.

Davis=top 15
Allen=doesn't make it past Philly
shipley=2nd round-i promise all of you this and go on record he will not get out of the 2nd.

but if by some miracle it happens this way ill run naked through the streets in jubilation

VACowboy

Reaction score
If we're gonna trade down, my preference would be to stay inside #36 and take Allen, but I'd take him at #27. I think he'd start from day one and make a huge difference in the defense.

2) Nate Allen (FS)
2) Kyle Calloway (OT)
3) John Jerry (OG/OT)
3) AOA (CB)
4) Jacoby Ford (WR/KR)
6) Adrian Tracey (LB)
7) Eric Cook (C)