Moments in history that make you teary-eyed

Reverend Conehead

Reaction score
This one always makes my eyes tear up, especially now that Queen Elizabeth is gone. It's when she had their Buckingham Palace Guards band play the Star Spangled Banner two days after 9/11. She broke with 600 years of tradition that said the band only plays another country's anthem for a state visit. I tear up every time I see this.

Reverend Conehead

Reaction score
US beating the Russians in hockey the 1980 Winter Olympics and Al Michaels with the countdown saying “ Do you believe in Miracle’s.” It doesn’t me cry but sends a shiver down my spine.

That was a great moment. I don't think any moment in sports can top it, ever. When Ray Bourque finally hoisted the Stanley Cup after 20 years in the league, being a great player, but not winning it all -- that was special. But it can't beat the Miracle on Ice. Nothing can.

JIMMYBUFFETT

Skinwalker
Reaction score
Anything 9/11 related. Seeing the towers fall, the first responders lost, the passengers on the plane who gave their own lives to save others, the President speaking over the megaphone, and the aftermath. Get's me every time.

Anything Pearl Harbor related. My grandfather was at Pearl Harbor during the attack but fortunately off base on leave and swimming in the Pacific when they attacked. They didn't even know what was happening until the second wave hit and a passing MP told them what was happening. He got his revenge 4 years later on the beach in Okinawa.

The 2004 Indonesia Tsunami. To this day I don't think I've seen more heartbreaking scenes of death and destruction.

lukin2006

Reaction score
Even though I was not alive I often tear up watching documentaries on the 1930s. What an awful decade…which lead to the 40s and another awful decade.

John Lennon’s death…