Money ball the QB position

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
No I get it, you get offended by someone talking very confidently like they know what they are talking about. Why don't you just try seeing if what I say happens or not or how right I am and then decide for yourself.

There are guys on here that really know football and others that don't. And then there are those emotional posters that are biased or homers or have an agenda. Big spectrum. Personally, I like the guys that know their $h!t. To me, if you are not accurate, then what good are you on a forum like this?

I have no problem admitting I pretty much hate Zeke. You know this. However I would never say he isn't a good back or a top 10 back.

No one can be right all the time, but some people get it right a lot more then others. Personally I think most of this stuff is obvious 101 football stuff. It blows me away that so many people don't get it.

Yep...I understand there are some people that truly know football. It can be VERY hard to sort them out. They might say something very smart...then proceed to say "because I watched it on TV...when discussing something like say the Secondary...and I don't believe you can do a lot of accurate assessment watching TV coverage. It's not game film. (I think most people don't know what that really is).

Emotional? Moi? YOU BET! Have always been an emotional fanatic and the internet or special insight won't change any of that! And I'm not here to impress anyone either even if it were possible. I will try to own up if someone can genuinely convince me of something stupid I said. "TRY"! Usually it's just name calling, belittlement, or straight up opinion...usually not good enough.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
No I get it, you get offended by someone talking very confidently like they know what they are talking about. Why don't you just try seeing if what I say happens or not or how right I am and then decide for yourself.

t.

Oh and by the way..."offended"?.....lol that's a good one Roy. You are a funny guy!

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
Unless you have Mahomes, Rodgers, Wilson, a younger Brady, etc.......money ball the position. CFB is producing more talent, more advanced prospects.

Dak is pretty good, but there is no need to over pay. If another team wants to pay him 40 million so be it. It’s a mistake.

keep the position at 15-25 Million. Keep the core of the team together especially with likely cap reductions upcoming.

This is the way

I like the theory. I just wish I trusted the guys doing the drafting. Quincy Carter and about two dozen other guys are disconcerting.

They fell into Dak after trying to move up for Paxton Lynch. Be prepared for them to make a similar mistake in the future.

fivetwos

Reaction score
I like the theory. I just wish I trusted the guys doing the drafting. Quincy Carter and about two dozen other guys are disconcerting.

They fell into Dak after trying to move up for Paxton Lynch. Be prepared for them to make a similar mistake in the future.
I hear exactly what you're saying, but the bust rate is fairly high on QBs, even in round one.

Probably due to reaching. If you take a guy like Jake Locker in the top ten it's better than not taking the chance on anyone at all....and getting fired.

Then again, that doesnt apply here.

That actually may help things, but they could have handled this unprecedented available starting QB situation much differently if they accounted for Prescott maybe being unreasonable.

Apparantly they didnt.

TexasHillbilly

Reaction score
Unless you have Mahomes, Rodgers, Wilson, a younger Brady, etc.......money ball the position. CFB is producing more talent, more advanced prospects.

Dak is pretty good, but there is no need to over pay. If another team wants to pay him 40 million so be it. It’s a mistake.

keep the position at 15-25 Million. Keep the core of the team together especially with likely cap reductions upcoming.

This is the way
15 to 20 million? The tender is for 31+. That's just the way it is. It's what a starting qb makes these days. It's what Dak is going to make if a deal doesn't get done and he will make even more next year. Nature of the beast.