Monster year for Parsons?

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
It's one of those things that I don't know how you coach that out of someone. You don't want to coach the intensity out of a player, but you also want them to pace themselves when they can. Been his issue his entire time here.
totally agree, do you feel that he's doubled EVERY single play, or is he not winning some one on one matchups?

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
Is he in the best shape of his life and more focused than ever? Are there workout videos on Twitter yet?
all he does is the boxing, which he clearly needs to work on some better moves to get to the qb

Cowboysheelsreds053

Reaction score
Hopefully we have our bookend RE to go along with DL and move him back to LB, so he can get after people like the purple dranker.

SpaceCowboy99

Reaction score
.....going into his final year on contract for 24' I wouldn't be surprised he sets NFL record for sacks.

Throw in DPOY award. Dallas players love final year contracts.

Jerry pays. ;)..
200.webp
I predict he has a mediocre season. He has a mediocre mentality with an elite physicality. We have seen this time and again. To be an elite player long term in the NFL, you have to have an elite mindset. He doesn't have it. He's a child. He will have an elite.podcast this season. That's all he is capable of. We should.have trade him while we had max value.

noshame

I'm not dead yet......
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Well, I say let's set him up to get all the sacks he can so he looks like a monster. then trade him right at the deadline for a king's ransom!
Let somebody else tie up their defensive budget for 5 years and then deal with a disgruntled player.
Super talented player, but defensible.

Kwyn

Reaction score
.....going into his final year on contract for 24' I wouldn't be surprised he sets NFL record for sacks.

Jerry pays. ;)..
200.webp
I suppose a lot of it will depend on the scheme.

Kwyn

Reaction score
totally agree, do you feel that he's doubled EVERY single play, or is he not winning some one on one matchups?
For edge rushers, Micah was double teamed on 35% of his pass rush attempts. Next highest was 29% (Garrett).

Micah had a pass rush win rate of 35%. Next highest was 30% (Garrett).

PRWR is the percentage of time that a rusher beats a block within 2.5 seconds of the snap.

TJ Watt, who led the league with 29 sacks was only double teamed 19% of the time and his PRWR was only 25%.

Hendrickson was second in sacks with 17.5 but was only double teamed 18% of the time and only won 21% of his attempts.

Teams clearly feared Micah and dedicated more resources to stop him than they did any other player. It wasn’t particularly close.

He also rushed the passer less than most edge rushers. Watt had 60 more plays rushing than Micah did as a comparison.

Micah was pretty unique last year. He’s a pass rushing savant.

Coaching and schemes play a major role in sacks and the stats back that up. But, since this is the Zone, I’m sure the *real* reason he didn’t get 20 sacks is because he had a podcast, tattoos, uses boxing in his training and attends NBA games in the off-season.

Kwyn

Reaction score
Let’s see how it goes when Zimmers scheme doesn’t allow him to get his sack numbers at the Quinn rate.

That may be where you see to see more leaves fall Jerry.
Quinn’s scheme already limited Parsons. See above.

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

Jerry pays. ;)..
200.webp
Nah, don't play that many dogs this coming season!!!

Grenic

Reaction score
For edge rushers, Micah was double teamed on 35% of his pass rush attempts. Next highest was 29% (Garrett).

Micah had a pass rush win rate of 35%. Next highest was 30% (Garrett).

PRWR is the percentage of time that a rusher beats a block within 2.5 seconds of the snap.

TJ Watt, who led the league with 29 sacks was only double teamed 19% of the time and his PRWR was only 25%.

Hendrickson was second in sacks with 17.5 but was only double teamed 18% of the time and only won 21% of his attempts.

Teams clearly feared Micah and dedicated more resources to stop him than they did any other player. It wasn’t particularly close.

He also rushed the passer less than most edge rushers. Watt had 60 more plays rushing than Micah did as a comparison.

Micah was pretty unique last year. He’s a pass rushing savant.

Coaching and schemes play a major role in sacks and the stats back that up. But, since this is the Zone, I’m sure the *real* reason he didn’t get 20 sacks is because he had a podcast, tattoos, uses boxing in his training and attends NBA games in the off-season.
But he is also small, and you can tell at the end of the season he is done

ICP

Reaction score
He'll be great through the first half of the season then fade like every other year he's been here

DoctorChicken

Reaction score
Let me click on this thread and see if Cowboys fans are griping about a player who has 40.5 sacks, 51 TFLs and 7 FF in his first three years in the NFL.

Yup, they are!

InPhiltraitor

Reaction score
It's one of those things that I don't know how you coach that out of someone. You don't want to coach the intensity out of a player, but you also want them to pace themselves when they can. Been his issue his entire time here.
Acknowledging that someone gasses cuz they're leaving it on the field is sort of a backhanded compliment. You're right, you don't want to coach it out of him, so what do you do? You either continue asking him to do the same things accepting the consequences, or do something for the player - like change his responsibilities. This has to be one of Zim's biggest challenges.

gtb1943

Reaction score
less talk more production against the top teams and in the playoffs

MyFairLady

Reaction score
Little piggy will never care about anything more than he cares about his stats for this season. Better enjoy it folks cause after the last regular season game in over he will never be the same.