Moore has McVay traits

PA Cowboy Fan

Reaction score
Well, considering most of this board seems to think no viable outside candidate would work for Jerry, and put up with his "meddling" (though the hiring of Richard last year would seem to fly in the face of that belief), that leaves only people who don't have many other options but to take what they can get within the organization.
Regardless, Moore may well be an excellent choice. We've all heard for years how football intelligent he is, and since few successful coaches were successful players, there's no reason to believe he isn't qualified for the job. He knows the organization, and he's seen it from the bottom up, so he probably has a better feel for what needs to be done than anyone else could.
So has Garrett though and nothing ever changes. Next year is an odd number year so we'll probably miss the playoffs but 2020 is right around the corner.

GORICO

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Why all of a sudden is Moore, "fast rising"? What are they talking about? This guy has done NOTHING in the NFL as a player or coach. His 5 years as a backup QB were all under Linehan. So we are going to hire the guy that was ONLY the backup QB for the guy we just fired?

This just gets worse and worse.
CowboyRoy--- i am convinced they want to keep the stubborn conservative play calling type coaches....i think Jerry wants to keep the coaches he can easily control...Moore i wanted out of there as Daks QB coach and now our OC??

reddyuta

Reaction score
why didnt they just dump Linehan and promote Moore to OC when we started the season 3-5?

Roadtrip635

Reaction score
Moore must not be the Boys first choice or they would have signed him already. I think they're waiting on the playoffs to be over. So what happens to Moore if Dallas hires an outside OC and Kitna as QB coach...is he out the door?
If he's as highly regarded as some think, they would find a way to retain him and reassign him on the coaching staff. That is a mixed bag though, someone from the outside may not feel comfortable with that arrangement.

GORICO

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
So has Garrett though and nothing ever changes. Next year is an odd number year so we'll probably miss the playoffs but 2020 is right around the corner.
i think its just like last years..receiver by committee ...they loved the idea and they were the only ones who liked it and it went right into toilet....with Garrett it will be stubborn conservative play calling...run Zeke up the middle
right into teeth of defense for negative play

GORICO

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
But Moore had even less success as an NFL QB, so he's probably more qualified to coach. :laugh:
Runwild-- hey ..i am so angry about this...but i am only a fan...but we knew last year their wisdom of receiver by committee would not work....and it went right into toilet...i dont trust their wisdom
i think Jerry only wants coaches that will "lay down" for him?

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Runwild-- hey ..i am so angry about this...but i am only a fan...but we knew last year their wisdom of receiver by committee would not work....and it went right into toilet...i dont trust their wisdom
i think Jerry only wants coaches that will "lay down" for him?
I think we need to at least get a look at what they're seeing before we freak out and call the season a loss.

GORICO

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
'Paying your pre-head coaching dues' is one trait Moore and McVay do not share. Not yet at least.
take a look at Moore---does anyone really respect him when things start getting ugly?...my paper boy looks like he could kick Moores butt?

GORICO

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I think we need to at least get a look at what they're seeing before we freak out and call the season a loss.
i really hope what ever they do works out for the best...i just have lost trust in their wisdom sometimes

SoupcanSam

Reaction score
tenor.gif

This is too funny. I'm looking at Blackish as I type!!!

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
CowboyRoy--- i am convinced they want to keep the stubborn conservative play calling type coaches....i think Jerry wants to keep the coaches he can easily control...Moore i wanted out of there as Daks QB coach and now our OC??

Its mind numbing. I don't even know what to say at this point. I am at a complete loss if Moore is hired and Garrett calls plays again. I couldn't think of a worse case scenario.

Reaction score
Its mind numbing. I don't even know what to say at this point. I am at a complete loss if Moore is hired and Garrett calls plays again. I couldn't think of a worse case scenario.
If I would have known this would be the alternative, I would have never advocated for Linehan's firing.

We would be betterr off keeping Linehan

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
take a look at Moore---does anyone really respect him when things start getting ugly?...my paper boy looks like he could kick Moores butt?
Similar perceptions were thrown at Garrett and he proved critics wrong in how players would respond to him. Respect is earned. How Moore looks will likely play little part in many of the players' assessment of him. How he interacts, communicates and translates his offensive scheme with the players will decide their mutual relationship.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Similar perceptions were thrown at Garrett and he proved critics wrong in how players would respond to him. Respect is earned. How Moore looks will likely play little part in many of the players' assessment of him. How he interacts, communicates and translates his offensive scheme with the players will decide their mutual relationship.

LOL...…...that was funny. Garrett has proven all his detractors right on the money. Garrett has been a disaster in every way. Players think Garrett is a nice guy. That's about it.