Moore has McVay traits

Whyjerry

Reaction score
But the premise of intentionally failing for the express purpose of failing again the following year would make no sense, even to the most foolish of people.

That is the issue. Hubris clouds everything. They don’t think they are intentionally doing anything wrong. No one in that FO thinks they are doing anything wrong.

JustChip

Reaction score
Would you prefer a heart surgeon with one year of experience or three years of experience, or is there no difference?

We're not talking about heart surgery. We're talking about a game, not a life or death game either. But I'll play along - how does that surgeon get 3 years of experience if he doesn't do his first surgery.

I'm not advocating for KM - just addressing the notion that because he was not a super successful NFL QB or a currently accomplished OC, he can't be any good. The OP outlined a good case for why KM should not be dismissed outright.

JS22

Reaction score
Nearly everyone is so worked up about how horrible the organization is ran, yet they were a quarter away from the NFC championship game.

Cowboy-33

Reaction score
Moore has been with Linehan his whole NFL career though right? I’ll give him a chance if they choose him but I have a bad feeling he’s gonna try to make Dak a pocket passer just like Linehan. That’s just gonna hurt Dak and the offense

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
Question: Hawkeye, why wouldn't said OC who leaves due to getting a HC job, not take his hand picked QB coach with him to become his OC at the new job?

Not coming for you at all my friend, just asking. Keep seeing this floated around and the logic doesn't add up to me.

Good question.....I'm guessing team usually sign BOTH to contracts of 2-3 years. However, OC leaving for a head coaching position doesn't require teams permission even if he's still under contract. He can only take his QB coach if he has an expiring contract. Otherwords, the team block him from taking the QB coach and promote him to OC.

KingintheNorth

Chris in Arizona
Reaction score
23 years dude 23 years

Sigh.

303942660.0.l.jpg

lukin2006

Reaction score
You just don’t hand the reins of a top tier offense to a completely inexperienced coach. It’s ridiculous. McVay even with those traits wasn’t fast tracked like this.

We are not handing anyone a top tier offence, otherwise, Linehan would still be here.

Big_D

Reaction score
Now there you go bringing facts into an irrational position. What the heck is wrong with you?

So 6 year equals 1, and that's a fact. There's a learning curve. You have an offense ready to turn the corner and now you possibly hand that over to an inexperienced coach then wait til he turns the corner??? Plus the Commander offense McVay took over just finished 3-13 and was basically a group of bottom feeders. I could see how that would be similar. lol

Richmond Cowboy

Reaction score
Not saying Moore will ever be Sean McVay or that I endorse Moore as OC over other candidates. But before the board freaks out over a potential hire of Moore as OC, consider this. Like MCVay, Moore was the son of a coach. His father is a very decorated 23 season high school coach who won 4 state championships. (Yes I know far different from NFL coach). Literally, Moore’s entire youth was spent on practice field and sidelines. Second, he is the winningest college QB. Ever. He sees the game through a QB’s eyes and he knows what it takes for a QB to win. In college, he played for an innovative offensive coach in Chris Peterson, who was not afraid to be very creative and call trick plays and use a lot of motion. This surely rubbed off on Moore. Third, more than any assistant coach, he knows Dak’s strengths and weaknesses. He’s been his teammate or position coach for Dak’s entire career. You cannot underestimate that relationship. Finally, he was about the same age as McVay when McVay got his head coaching job. Daniel Jeremiah tweeted today that NFL views Moore as a rising star capable of being a head coach soon, like McVay. So factor all this in...

McVay and Moore have a number of things in common. Here’s the list:

https://goo.gl/images/1ZVw8P

Big_D

Reaction score
We are not handing anyone a top tier offence, otherwise, Linehan would still be here.

Your fooling yourself. They weren't before Cooper, they were after. Can't just blame the OC. I know it seems like the thing to do. He sucked, but it was these same jackasses who thought he would be the answer to begin with. You were probably jumping for joy in 2015 also.

lukin2006

Reaction score
I am beginning to think Jerry is reading the headlines, and seeing what other young offensive coaches are doing and he doesn't want to lose Moore without at least seeing if he is the next McVay or Payton.

And who knows maybe he is.

As a career NFL backup, he has had time to study the game. What I want is an offensive coach that comes from a winning organization.

lukin2006

Reaction score
We only scored 22 points and barely broke 50 yards rushing against one of the worst rushing d's in the league. I'm not fooling myself.