News: Moore: Kellen Moore is a curiosity to entertain a dreadful season; he's not Cowboys' future

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

LocimusPrime

Reaction score
He'll be out of the league in 1-2 years. Plenty of people have seen what hes capable of in the NFL and its no bueno

He should go back to Boise and get a coaching position there. Good luck in your future endeavors Kellen!

windward

NFL Historian
Reaction score
Give the guy a chance. I just don't understand the logic behind some coaches, can he really be that much worse than what we have now?

Nobody truly believed Romo was the future until he played. Parcells had some faults but he took a real gamble putting a QB with no real game experience on a team that was considered borderline playoffs even with Bledsoe. This coach can't even take that risk when we are a borderline top draftpick team just because we "have a chance".

You should have been here in 04 when the whole forum bashed Parcells for not playing Henson or Romo down the stretch of a lost season.

Dodger12

Reaction score
If they aren't willing to give a 4th season QB his first NFL regular season reps at the end of this garbage season, especially with the proven garbage now starting ahead of him, then Moore shouldn't be taking up a roster spot.

It has nothing to do with being entertained, it's about getting something useful out of the season. They should be churning the practice squads for DT's & S's .... Wilcox and Hayden shouldn't see the field after this weekend.

Spot on. It kills me. If your back-up QB who worked with your OC in the past can't pass for 100 yards a game and do better than a 50 (plus) QBR, then why is he even on the roster?

This tells me one of two things. Either the staff has no clue about evaluating the position or they have evaluated Moore and find him to not be an NFL caliber player. Either way, that's an indictment of the coaching staff and FO.

Jarv

Loud pipes saves lives.
Reaction score
You don't know for a Fact that he is more accurate in an actual NFL game...because he has not played in an NFL game.

That is a fact.

True, but on an apples to apples comparison from college you can determine who was more accurate.

robjay04

Reaction score
Imo, it is a travesty that we haven't at least given this guy a garbage time look (& there has been plenty of garbage time).

Not really.

The only games that were out of hand ...the only games that had significant garbage time (Panthers, Patriots)...Moore was not on the active roster. Every other game was within a score in the fourth.

Floatyworm

The Labeled One
Reaction score
You don't know for a Fact that he is more accurate in an actual NFL game...because he has not played in an NFL game.

That is a fact.

I've seen him lead a comeback victory in Detroit in the preseason......But I guess that doesn't count.

jaybird

Reaction score
Moore: Kellen Moore is a curiosity to entertain a dreadful season; he's not Cowboys' future

http://sportsday.***BANNED-URL***/d...sity-entertain-dreadful-season-cowboys-future

IRVING -- Kellen Moore is in his fourth NFL season. He has not thrown a pass in a regular season game.

Yet a large portion of Cowboys fans howl that he deserves a shot now. Interestingly enough, many of them are more adamant in stating their case than Moore himself.

"Everyone loves to play, but at the end of the day everyone has roles,'' Moore said Tuesday when asked if he's chomping at the bit to show what he can do. "You do your best in that particular role. That's how it works.''

Here is what's at work: there's no true groundswell to see Moore. Fans simply want to see someone other than Matt Cassel. They are tired of the veteran's struggles and frustrated with a season that will soon end without a playoff berth.

No one can argue Moore is a better option. Fans just want something different. They want to be entertained. They want a reason to follow this team over the final three games...

Tell that to Bryan Broaduss

I would like to see (whats his name) on the practice squad. Why not? Run a little run option etc. at least it will be entertaining . This current Brand of Cowboys offensive football is sad.

dallasdave

Reaction score
Agree.....

But then again....If we were to win out..and somehow get in....I'm not scared of Seattle coming back here. 13-12 last time out.....And @ that point we are riding a 3 game win streak...and a hot Kellen Moore.....I take that all day.:D

I remember watching the Sr Bowl practices...Wilson and Kellen side by side. No difference @ all size wise. Funny how Wilson got his shot...Kellen hasn't. And Kellen out played him all week long.....:huh:

Kellen has to remember that he has been behind great talent in Cassel and Weeden !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I liked Kellen Moore in College.
I think he should get a shot to play now that we are eliminated from the playoffs (mathematically or not we are done)...might as well see if he even has a chance to be a legit backup.

The problem here is super fans like Floaty and other fans who just want something different (kind of like what the article said).

Kellen was a great QB in College...pretty sure there is a good reason he has not been given a chance in the pros. Great College QBs do not always equal great pros...sometimes not even good. We have seen the Likes of Tebow in College...washout in the pros. Well you say he was never a passer...Well what about Timmy Chang...never really lit it up in the pros did he but he was killing it in College.

dfense

Reaction score
Sounds like Moore knows he's going to put his head on the chopping block. What they don't know can't hurt him and his free ride.

Hoofbite

Reaction score
I liked Kellen Moore in College.
I think he should get a shot to play now that we are eliminated from the playoffs (mathematically or not we are done)...might as well see if he even has a chance to be a legit backup.

The problem here is super fans like Floaty and other fans who just want something different (kind of like what the article said).

Kellen was a great QB in College...pretty sure there is a good reason he has not been given a chance in the pros. Great College QBs do not always equal great pros...sometimes not even good. We have seen the Likes of Tebow in College...washout in the pros. Well you say he was never a passer...Well what about Timmy Chang...never really lit it up in the pros did he but he was killing it in College.

Why is that a problem?

If he wants Moore to play because he wants something different, and other people want Moore to play to see if he can be a backup.....everyone wants the same thing, correct?

Seems like we're all on the same page. Let's get him in there.