News: Moore: Kellen Moore is a curiosity to entertain a dreadful season; he's not Cowboys' future

vaturkey

Reaction score
Nobody thought Tom Brady was going to do anything when he got his shot.

You never know. You just never know.

Moore could play and he could go 10 for 35 with 3 picks. Or he could play and he could go 25 of 27 with 4 TD's.

You never know. You just never know.

Brady is 6 foot 5 and has a very strong arm. You can't compare the two of them in the least from a physical standpoint. With rare exception the bigger, stronger quarterback with the stronger arm is going to beat out someone with less physical ability. Who knows, but unless Moore is a version of Dree Brees he's at the most a backup QB in this league.

Jarv

Loud pipes saves lives.
Reaction score
I liked Kellen Moore in College.
I think he should get a shot to play now that we are eliminated from the playoffs (mathematically or not we are done)...might as well see if he even has a chance to be a legit backup.

The problem here is super fans like Floaty and other fans who just want something different (kind of like what the article said).

Kellen was a great QB in College...pretty sure there is a good reason he has not been given a chance in the pros. Great College QBs do not always equal great pros...sometimes not even good. We have seen the Likes of Tebow in College...washout in the pros. Well you say he was never a passer...Well what about Timmy Chang...never really lit it up in the pros did he but he was killing it in College.

First off, I'd actually take Tebo's pro career winning percentage (.571) over either Weeden or Cassell. So that might not be the best comparison.

Moore's Wonderlic Test Score of 26 is right behind Weeden's score of 27 that year (2012), which is in the top ten for QB's that year, so we know he has the smarts. Moore was the undisputed leader for a Boise State team that won nearly every time they took the field with him under center, so he has that going for him. He is short at just 6 foot and has a reputation as not having the strongest of arms (although in the Detroit preseason highlights, from what I saw, that was never an issue).

How would we judge a success if he were to start or play? Well the last game a QB started for us, against a mediocre defense was 13-29 (45% completion percentage) and 114 yards 0 TDs and 1 INT. Well if we think Moore would even be worse, then he probably shouldn't be on the squad anyhow and his being there is just another blunder by the coaching staff and the player personnel department.

And...what's wrong with wanting something different? If you went to restaurant and the food sucked, I might say fire the chef and try someone else. Whereas it seems like your saying, keep the chef because whoever replaces may not be any better. Well, does it matter if you already know the current chef sucks?

Not bashing you Brain, just letting you know how I feel on the matter. So yes, I and many other fans just want something different instead of the same old sucky food. If Moore's food sucks too, so be it. I didn't have to go to the restaurant knowing the chef and the food sucked, there was at least a hope.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Listening to Jerry and Garrett doesn't sound like either has seen anything in Moore that makes them curious about getting him on the field. As bad as Cassel has looked if Garrett believes he gives the team the best chance to win then they don't see much in Moore.

robjay04

Reaction score
Brady is 6 foot 5 and has a very strong arm. You can't compare the two of them in the least from a physical standpoint. With rare exception the bigger, stronger quarterback with the stronger arm is going to beat out someone with less physical ability. Who knows, but unless Moore is a version of Dree Brees he's at the most a backup QB in this league.

Negatives: Poor build. Very skinny and narrow. Ended the '99 season weighing 195 pounds and still looks like a rail at 211. Looks a little frail and lacks great physical stature and strength. Can get pushed down more easily than you'd like. Lacks mobility and ability to avoid the rush. Lacks a really strong arm. Can't drive the ball down the field and does not throw a really tight spiral. System-type player who can get exposed if he must ad-lib and do things on his own.

http://www.ign.com/boards/threads/anyone-got-tom-bradys-pre-draft-scouting-report.77495994/

superonyx

Reaction score
Replacing Cassel with Moore may be like replacing Weeden with Cassel...it may work out or it may be the same. It would be hard to imagine it being worse since we have sucked on offense with Weeden and Cassel...

We all know what we have in Cassel and its nothing that warrants seeing it again and again the rest of the season.

We should also give Turbin more carries since he is a guy that the FO has to make a decision on in the offseason. Not a knock against McFadden.

I believe JG isn't willing to make the move because he believes it would be interpreted as a give up move. He may believe he is coaching for his future either with the Cowboys or another team....it's hard to have a give up on your resume.

superonyx

Reaction score
Negatives: Poor build. Very skinny and narrow. Ended the '99 season weighing 195 pounds and still looks like a rail at 211. Looks a little frail and lacks great physical stature and strength. Can get pushed down more easily than you'd like. Lacks mobility and ability to avoid the rush. Lacks a really strong arm. Can't drive the ball down the field and does not throw a really tight spiral. System-type player who can get exposed if he must ad-lib and do things on his own.
http://www.ign.com/boards/threads/anyone-got-tom-bradys-pre-draft-scouting-report.77495994/
its funny reading old scouting reports. Romo was not even considered a pro prospect. Drew Brees was passed over by almost every team in the first round and was drafted after Vick I believe.
The QB position is 90% mental and 10% physical. You just can't measure the stuff it takes to make it as a QB in the NFL.

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Why is that a problem?

If he wants Moore to play because he wants something different, and other people want Moore to play to see if he can be a backup.....everyone wants the same thing, correct?

Seems like we're all on the same page. Let's get him in there.

Because in some peoples minds...different means it is better and in many cases the opposite is true.

Many times we as cowboys fans have seen or said themselves that....Anybody would be better than (enter name of current player) only to find out that just by plugging someone else in it does not make it better.

I think we have seen the anybody is better than Weeden crowd learn...as sucky as he is, it would appear that anybody is better argument might not hold water.

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
First off, I'd actually take Tebo's pro career winning percentage (.571) over either Weeden or Cassell. So that might not be the best comparison.

Moore's Wonderlic Test Score of 26 is right behind Weeden's score of 27 that year (2012), which is in the top ten for QB's that year, so we know he has the smarts. Moore was the undisputed leader for a Boise State team that won nearly every time they took the field with him under center, so he has that going for him. He is short at just 6 foot and has a reputation as not having the strongest of arms (although in the Detroit preseason highlights, from what I saw, that was never an issue).

How would we judge a success if he were to start or play? Well the last game a QB started for us, against a mediocre defense was 13-29 (45% completion percentage) and 114 yards 0 TDs and 1 INT. Well if we think Moore would even be worse, then he probably shouldn't be on the squad anyhow and his being there is just another blunder by the coaching staff and the player personnel department.

And...what's wrong with wanting something different? If you went to restaurant and the food sucked, I might say fire the chef and try someone else. Whereas it seems like your saying, keep the chef because whoever replaces may not be any better. Well, does it matter if you already know the current chef sucks?

Not bashing you Brain, just letting you know how I feel on the matter. So yes, I and many other fans just want something different instead of the same old sucky food. If Moore's food sucks too, so be it. I didn't have to go to the restaurant knowing the chef and the food sucked, there was at least a hope.

I have already explained it in another post. There is a reason he is the fourth option the cowboys wanted at QB and still can not get on the field as bad as option 2 and 3 have been.

As far as Tebow...there is a reason he can not even get a backup QB job. He sucks as a QB. The teams in the NFL have won in spite of him, not because of him...just like the cowboys won in spite of Cassell, not because of him.

vaturkey

Reaction score

That was his scouting report out of Michigan. Wasn't quite like that a couple of years later for sure. Guess his arm got stronger over those two years also. He was also from a big time program and a winner in college. Wonder how much stronger Moore is now and if he's gotten any more arm strength. I watched his youtube video's. Not much of a arm then for sure.

Floatyworm

The Labeled One
Reaction score

Tom-Brady-shirtless-02-15-15.jpg

Denim Chicken

Reaction score
Listening to Jerry and Garrett doesn't sound like either has seen anything in Moore that makes them curious about getting him on the field. As bad as Cassel has looked if Garrett believes he gives the team the best chance to win then they don't see much in Moore.

well, as these are the parties responsible for going into 2015 with Weeden as the backup, I don't give their evaluation much credibility

vaturkey

Reaction score
Brady said he felt humiliated having to stand there without a shirt. With a body like that who wouldn't.

Looks like an add for a drink supplement. That would be the before picture. This is what he looks like now:

412000995.jpg

PS. Its good to be the King.

Last edited:

sbark

Reaction score
Keep hearing how smart the kid is, that he is a future coach............now that he's been looking at Garrets scheme for a few months..........let him revise and change it to something that is useable for a player that isn't a top 5 QB

DandyDon52

Reaction score

LOL your talking about jerry and garret !!!!!!!!!!! LOL again
Jerry wanted to keep going with bledsoe, and not start Romo ! but parcells went with Romo anyway.
Had it been up to Jerry Romo would have never played in Dallas.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
Because in some peoples minds...different means it is better and in many cases the opposite is true.

Many times we as cowboys fans have seen or said themselves that....Anybody would be better than (enter name of current player) only to find out that just by plugging someone else in it does not make it better.

I think we have seen the anybody is better than Weeden crowd learn...as sucky as he is, it would appear that anybody is better argument might not hold water.

true but in this case it isnt about winning a game, it is about seeing what the guy has , evaluate him in a real game situation !
It isnt about I think moore is better, I want to see if he is or not, and really the kid needs these 3 games to be evaluated.
or at least the last 2.
He might be real good, he might be ok as bkup, or he might be real bad, but at least you find out for sure, in a real game scenario.
This is the ideal time to play moore.

Plus unless he is real bad, it would be fun for the fans to see moore play.

But having never played except preseason I would not judge him harshly in the first game, if he was to play this week it would
be against the #5 jets defense, or next week, a good buffalo defense.

As a fan I would rather see anyone but cassel play against the jets, I already know how that will go.
Cassel is too slow reading deciding and throwing, he needs a whole offseason, and playing in these games will only
scar him mentally .

DandyDon52

Reaction score
Keep hearing how smart the kid is, that he is a future coach............now that he's been looking at Garrets scheme for a few months..........let him revise and change it to something that is useable for a player that isn't a top 5 QB

JG knows it all , so no need for that, and innovation is not allowed or part of the process!!!!!!!

superonyx

Reaction score
LOL your talking about jerry and garret !!!!!!!!!!! LOL again
Jerry wanted to keep going with bledsoe, and not start Romo ! but parcells went with Romo anyway.
Had it been up to Jerry Romo would have never played in Dallas.

It sounds like there are members of this board that would have been against Romo getting a shot also.
The same tired argument about how he can't be any good because he wouldn't have made the team if not for Quincy Carters drug problem.

Not saying Moore is any good...but neither is the argument about someone not deserving a shot just because they haven't gotten it yet.

silver

Reaction score
Pulling Cassel now, not being mathematically eliminated, will mean conceding defeat and accepting that going with Cassel was a mistake by whoever made that decision: Coach Jones, Coach Garrett, Coach Linehan, Charlotte or whoever.

By the same token if Moore would miraculously perform as a viable option that would make the brass look even worse since they had him all year long and never could see he was worth a shot. Either way it's a losing proposition for the Jones' clan and entourage.

They wont do it until we're officially eliminated which could be Saturday night.