Moore turned Linehan

csirl

Reaction score
Definitely, it felt as though Moore left his sheet with creative playcalls back in Dallas.

Little motion, few bunch formations, and I can't remember a single RPO being called. It did look like Linehan's stale, vanilla offense.

Moore was Linehan's apprentice - both former Lions and Rams before being reunited in Dallas.

Mr_437

Reaction score
Looked like a different offense, Garrett might of put too much of himself into the offense this game...that didn't look like Kellen Moore type of game.

TheHerd

Reaction score
After the game Pollard had last week, how in the world do we not get that guy a single touch?

We played that entire game inside the hashes with our run game. And no matter how many times we had zero success, we kept going back to the well. Instead of using Pollard on the edges to make those LBs actually move, we just kept ramming it up in there for 2-3 yards every single play.
This is right out of the Linehan/Garrett playbook. If something works, don't do it again. They'll never expect THAT.

stinkface

Reaction score
No motion, no grip it and rip it. Yep, we played like we were playing outside in a pouring down rain with 30 MPH winds. But we were in the dome?? I thought running Zeke into a stone wall was a flashback to Linehan for sure. Our defense played well enough to win. Our offense generally didn't show up.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
The saints stopped the run and blanketed our receivers all night. Their D played outstanding and the deserve credit. They had an answer for everything we did. Great job by the saints. You can call it what you want, outcoached, out played, didn't mix it up, whatever...we got beat fair and square. We beat them last time by what 3 points.

We will learn from it and move on. You cannot win them all. We are still 3-1 and leading the division. Don't lose confidence in your team because of one game. Their dline outplayed ours. That was the biggest problem in my eyes.

How about that Quinn? Guy was all over the qb.

I didn’t Quinn was such a beast.

glimmerman

Reaction score
Even with the stale playcalling we had a great chance to win. Cobb dropped a first down and Elliot fumbles on a first down. Witten fumbles on a first down.

Our Defense held them to fgs. The refs helped on the clock at the end of the first half. But I think our Defense even got a int. They werent to blame.

Vandyr

Reaction score
I really do wonder if Garrett had any say in the game plan this week. This is the type of game plan that Garrett would run to play conservative and keep the score close in hopes to win on the last possession. It lacked any type of creativity.

This lackluster gameplan and simplistic play calling had Garrett's handwriting all over it. This entire game was straight out of his 'football for dummies" playbook that we have been forced to watch for years.

Number1

Reaction score
This game is on Moore , if you want the offense to execute terrible predictable play calling ,You get exposed .

I disagree - I think they tried to be unpredictable by going to the power run

BTW, dominant teams can execute when the D knows what's coming

when you don't do what you do best - in this case play action deep - you empower the opposition

the staff seem to believe their OL can open holes vs anyone - they can't

worse - right now Cooper, Austin, and Smith (and probably Dak and Pollard) must be wondering about the sanity of the O coaching staff.

Chill35

Reaction score
I swear Garrett felt threatened by Moore the first two games, and has started dictating the offense since.

After the first series I thought Moore was sick and Garrett was calling the shots with all that conservative playcalling. 2nd and 1 later on and we run for the first down... ***! Once again we had the 4 and short and it looked like Garrett was playing for his coaching life again and it was obvious we were going to go for it.

Cmac

Reaction score
Went back to a stale offense...

running into loaded boxes... zero creativity to open up the pass to help the run

For heavens sake they have Eli apple playing corner!!!
Unless there was some protected coverage on his side......Apple should have been lunch......all night.

cowboyec

Reaction score
that is what bugs me about last night.
the plays looked nothing like what we've seen the last 3 wks.
too many cook's in the kitchen maybe?
let KMoore be KMoore.......and let him....on his own...sink or swim.
last night looked eerily similar to seasons past.